RANGER FACEBREAKER - CRIT

One big problem with this build, it's been too OP. I have tried the "tanky" version of this build sub 200k dps, I have often one shot of myself on reflect rare mobs. That is wearing Daresso, 3 EC, 55% phys reduction, 38% evasion, 6% dodge (no acrob). All at 4.2k hp and using Phys-Lighting gem on my 6L. Also tried with rumi and even legacy VoV, still same result. Is other founding the same?

If I go first, I'll wait for you in the other side of the dark water.
Last edited by Ukanta on May 5, 2016, 6:20:50 AM
"
srh4439 wrote:
Question on body armor: What are your thoughts on Daresso's Defiance? Versus Belly of the Beast, it seems like:

Pros:
- Flat life (is this better or worse than the life percentage)
- Added dodge
- Added life leach
- Higher base evasion (~+600)
- Endurance charge/onslaught generation (endurance charge would help with immortal call proc)

Cons:
- No life percentage (but is this outweighed by the flat life)
- No life flask recovery rate
- No resistances

I'm using Daresso's on a similar raider character and it seems to be working well, but was curious about your opinion?

Hi buddy, Daresso's is good but Belly gives so much life. Belly also gives a lot of flask life recovery which is part of why I can regen so fast.

Still I thk Daresso would work ok, if you want to use darkrays the resistances will be tight.

Please keep in mind cwdt + Ic doesnt really help much unless you are facing a lot of repeated phys damage like academy boss or a'alai or brutus.

I dropped it and now just use vaal grace. Just one is enough for most bosses. You can customize tree and use that vaal jewel that gives vaal soul on shatter instead of a pugilist jewel - this way you can run around with near perm vaal grace.
Last edited by Ceryneian on May 5, 2016, 2:10:44 PM
"
Fhark wrote:
NIce build as always Ceryneian, one question do you know what the damage would be with bringer of rain im guessing it would be a big loss half the phys and no crit but am interested from a defensive view point, cheers fhark.

Thanks man - i'll test this weekend. The damage will be a big loss and also res. But blind is awesome.
"
Ukanta wrote:
One big problem with this build, it's been too OP. I have tried the "tanky" version of this build sub 200k dps, I have often one shot of myself on reflect rare mobs. That is wearing Daresso, 3 EC, 55% phys reduction, 38% evasion, 6% dodge (no acrob). All at 4.2k hp and using Phys-Lighting gem on my 6L. Also tried with rumi and even legacy VoV, still same result. Is other founding the same?

Hi buddy, i haven't made an official tanky version yet.

You cannot rely on mitigation to survive crit facebreaker on reflect-. It is way too much.

See the problem is you have removed dodge. You can evade, dodge, and block your own reflect - which is why you see sometimes I take no damage from reflect.

You need high dodge so you can have high probablity to avoid reflect damage.

Any build doing high phys and ele damage is going to have reflect prob, so PLEASE just don't hit reflect mobs. They have big indicator to show reflect so just skip these mobs.

If you want to be immune to phys refl go ib or ice crash with p2l.

Easier way is just don't hit reflect - very easywhen you play in melee range you can see what you are hitting.
Last edited by Ceryneian on May 5, 2016, 4:44:46 PM
Double post
Last edited by Ceryneian on May 5, 2016, 5:50:25 PM
Ceryneian, your character dies easy for some monsters ? The kind that reflect the damage or explode ?
"
Ponto99 wrote:
Ceryneian, your character dies easy for some monsters ? The kind that reflect the damage or explode ?

I notice this too when I play early in the build and thinking I should spec for more defense. And some mob explodes and kill me. Or die from reflect mob. After spec to so many points and play between Scion and Ranger, I start to see the power of this build. Ceryneian was right, doesn't matter max block or high armour, it will never be strong enough to face reflect.

If I go first, I'll wait for you in the other side of the dark water.
Last edited by Ukanta on May 6, 2016, 11:34:30 AM
Hi guys,

Reflect:

Usually I'm lazy and just want to hit everything. But seriously - why risk it? After a while you can VERY easily see reflect indicator playing melee, and just don't hit those mobs/pack -> just move on. It's very easy. If you really want you can also just drop an AProtector totem and have the totem take out the reflect monster.

I know sometimes I hit those mobs - so if I have 58% dodge (40% + 18% with 9 FCs using Darkrays) plus some block + Rumi's up + my EV - there's a VERY GOOD chance that I won't take any reflect damage. Especially if I have Vaal Grace up.

I honestly don't think reflect is that big a deal for this kind of build.

Volatile Blood:

Well this has ALWAYS been a problem for melee builds. You guys are not alone - people have been complaining about this for years and this stupid mechanic is still in the game.

Volatile blood hurts for a lot of melee builds so this build is no different. You can take 8k+ damage on certain mods.

Not much you can do about it. Just be careful if the map has certain damage mods as these can increase the explosion damage significantly.

Last edited by Ceryneian on May 6, 2016, 3:21:43 PM
BofR:

Just tried BofR - max DPS I get is 343k AOE dps. The links for BofR don't work that well - it is basically 4 sockets so I used Frenzy + ICC + P2L + Melee Splash, then BofR adds MPD, FA, and Blind. So I was missing Multistrike.

This is still very high DPS level, but you see this is the problem with BofR - you cannot add some links like you want. I basically have to choose between using two of ICC, P2L, or Multistrike -> all of which are very important for this build. But you definitely need AOE for regular play (Melee Splash), and ofc you need the Frenzy gem - so that leaves 2 sockets for ICC / P2L / Multistrike.

It is much more tanky: less damage taken, blind, and more block. The only BofR I have is the 1st legacy version: I reached 59% block and 19% spell block. Which is great combined with Blind plus 58% dodge and 30% spell dodge.

Life is about 100 or so lower than when I use Abyssus + Belly of the Beast.

As mentioned in the guide, for more spell defense you can swap seamlessly to Saffell's Frame although I rarely do that these days now that I use Vaal Grace for very hard bosses.

One thing to point out is that you will lose the +attributes from Abyssus. So you may need to spec more int to use some of the blue gems (111 int).

My res gets messed up so in addition to getting an Int node, I would need to grab the fire res node by Scion.

Will I trade this for Abyssus + 900k damage? Well it depends - for me I like to try the hard bosses so I really want to have the high burst damage. But for regular mapping - anything above 200k+ is fine and BofR would be a very good option.

Be careful though because with non-legacy BofR and without Darkrays you will be getting less damage and a little less life than what I am getting.

Maxed Facebreakers

Going from 935% to 999% is about 54k extra DPS (881k -> 935k). Not a big deal.

New Skill: Ancestral Warchief!

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1657983

Looks like there will be other new Ancestral totems coming out. Ancestral Warchief appears to be a better version for higher mapping (may have more damage and life than Anc. Protector). It has built-in AOE and it will give "more" melee physical damage buff vs. attack speed like Ancestral Protector.

Not a big deal to use on trash mobs, but a great way to improve burst damage against bosses.

Last edited by Ceryneian on May 7, 2016, 2:01:46 AM
I followed your guide
my gear - life is about 4,8k

Some words I have to say about your build:

For next potential players interested in this build, doesn't do it at least since it is almost useless for mapping in this form now.

Yes, it has A LOT of damage, but it is so easy to be killed... Any common monster can hit you easily results in about half of your life is away fast (T10+). At the first view, you will be impressed by damage in high tiers map, but then you will see the weak of this build = bad defense.

I have been trying to exchange some gear / gems to be more "tanky", for example change MPD for fortify in 6L, but I stayed only with change Assasin's Mark for Wardlord's Mark curse. Next thing I swaping AOE / ICS gem for multi / single target.

Anyway I like it, but we need some more defense version, I mean final defense version with same or similar items, which will work fine in compare with actual form.

Good Luck
IGN: Blake_cz

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info