RANGER FACEBREAKER - CRIT

"
Ceryneian wrote:
New upcoming changes:

Ancestor Totems now emerge 40% faster when first placed, have 50% more totem life, and remain active 40% further away from the owner -- by my estimate this should be near edge of screen and still active.

That should be pretty OP with the new ancestral warchief thingy.
For try, for see, and for know.

This is a buff
For sure. I can't wait to try Warchief, especially because it does AOE and gives a "more" melee damage boost to the player. Perfect for helping you burst bosses.

Also very good for taking out packs you don't want to get near to like reflect or volatile blood.

Can also be linked to Blind and Fortify.

I can even see a case where those who want to play more safely use this build just for the totems, and put the totem in a 6l - it can do ridiculous damage. I think my Protector was doing something like 50k dps in just a 2l.

As this new reset change anything in the tree ?
2.3 Full Overview Vid

Covers summary of full build - offense and defense, gearing options, tree, customizations

https://youtu.be/QThZ5dRWT-Q
Tried Vinktar Square. Welp, this one rocked my socks. I would say this is the hardest boss I've tried on this build so far. Spell damage and degen beams just too much for this kind of build. Definitely sucks with no movement skill like Whirling Blades, and I couldn't just blast the boss since he fights in stages like Daresso.

I had a big DPS haircut - these guys have high light res which reduces a lot of our damage since lightning is our biggest damage piece. Also all the monsters cannot be shocked. So I swapped P2L for ICD, and then Taste of Hate for a Topaz flask for some survivability.

The Ancestral Warchief was pretty good, but it can't be used on the main boss as the degen beams instantly destroy the totems =(.

I think if I had played a bit smarter and did more manual movement to separate the end bosses it would have been a bit easier instead of trying to tank them all.

I swapped to Saffell's for the main boss for some extra spell defense - even with all that I still nearly died a few times. Lol, fun fight. #suicidesquad.

T13 The Vinktar Square
https://youtu.be/3DlR6PlP9HU

----

EDIT: Also for those going Avatar of the Chase for Onslaught boosts, I forgot to add Rotgut to list of recommended flasks:

Ideally get one with low % increased flask charges used. This flask is perfect for builds with a dedicated Frenzy attack so that you can use this flask to use your Frenzy charges to get 9+ seconds of Onslaught.
On top of that you get 70% inc. movement speed during flask effect.
Last edited by Ceryneian on Jun 11, 2016, 11:52:54 AM
hey for a 5l what ges would you recomend in IB or Frenzy?
well Shield Charge is a thing now. Will u have some work with it?
My IGN: ExaltedPetyrBaelish.
"
jokergod13 wrote:
hey for a 5l what ges would you recomend in IB or Frenzy?

Hi bud, I recommend:

5L IB: MPD + ICC + Msplash + P2L OR Multistrike.
Use P2L if you have generic leech node already (by Ranger) since you will do 100% elemental damage and have no phys to leech mana from
Use Multistrike if you have problems targeting mobs. However IB is very easy to play without Multistrike as all you need to do is hit one mob and the whole pack explodes.

5L Frenzy: MPD + ICC + Msplash + Multistrike
"
lesun02 wrote:
well Shield Charge is a thing now. Will u have some work with it?

Thanks man, I'll take a look. The damage is looking very high. Could be fun for regular maps - maybe for a very fast clearing build customization. However for harder bosses it will have low single target.

But otherwise it will be a very fun skill to use.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info