RANGER FACEBREAKER - CRIT

"
puppetlife13 wrote:
EDIT: The BoB version has Bloodlust. What is making the enemies bleed?

still viable for 3.2?

Hi bud, thanks for checking out the builds. They are not ready for 3.2 yet - it would be best to wait until I complete them for 3.3 please. Bloodlust is basically your damage boost for bosses - to get bleed on bosses I was going to test either i) weapon swap with Puncture and Inc. Duration (and maybe something like Fortify) - just tab them once with Puncture should get me 15s of bleed should be pretty easy to use, or ii) ancestral totem with chance to bleed (and fortify / totem res to make it a bit more tankier) or iii) go Ascendant with Gladiator and use another skill with Chance to Bleed + another Ascendant class and compare trade-off vs. going Raider
Last edited by Ceryneian on Apr 26, 2018, 3:34:06 PM
I really like the RT Ice Crash variant and might consider it for a second build in Incursion. Never liked having 4K HP in this day and age of POE, no matter how much mitigation or avoidance one can muster. I modified your build a little with the following changes to make it more realistic for me:

- Reduced phys damage on rings as they're practically mirror worthy with those rolls
- Use Loreweave + Kaom's Roots instead (less ele dmg taken, protects against minus max and most slows in the game including the dreaded temp chains, stun and freeze). HP & damage relatively similar but lose some dodge and a lot of movespeed from Darkrays; however this is largely negated by primarily using shield charge to move.
- 2 passive points instead of Oak bandit for a level 90, 113/123 point build
- Disabled vaal haste
- HOA instead of punishment as I can't guarantee Shaper will melee attack me
- Taste of Hate instead of Rumi's

HP is 6700 and Shaper damage is nearly 900K which is still much more than needed to take him down easily. Using the statstick trick gets the DPS to a point where Ulber Elder may even be possible but I don't have enough experience with him to judge. Here's my pastebin for reference - https://pastebin.com/mg6HmEq1. Let me know your thoughts.
Last edited by pathofexile003 on May 24, 2018, 4:26:58 AM
My dreams are shattered. Dropped this monster in Flashback and re-rolled immediately to use it before league ends, but I don't think the unarmed statstick trick works anymore. It keeps it in the offhand but you disables your attack. When you get rid of the statstick you can attack again. Can you try when you get a chance to see if perhaps I've done something wrong?

Thanks bud, I'll check out your build and give detailed response and whether the offhand statstick trick still works when I get back from holiday! XD
How You Want To Break Monsters Faces With Range?
"
How You Want To Break Monsters Faces With Range?

xD. But we'll still be melee, especially with conc. effect for bosses. Problem is running around with Abyssus on a melee Ranger with low HP and low mitigation is a very hard way to play this game unless you can get lot's of damage avoidance (i.e. blind, and block from Rumi's) and VERY high damage.

This original version hit a wall because the HP was too low and did not have range or freeze - so maps like Uber Atziri map and HOGM - I could not do. Shaper I could do - but died a few times getting one shot by spells discharged by the sub-bosses point blank.

Most people also did not like using Frenzy since you had to point and click on targets, rather than targeting ground like something like Cyclone or Ice Crash.

This why I will make 2 versions of this build since the Abyss jewels now allow FB builds to get more DPS than before: the RT one with higher HP and more survivability, and the crit version with way higher damage than before.

Using Ice Crash is really good for FB since it can also benefit from AOE gems like conc. effect which add another more multiplier of damage. 1st stage also has 208% base damage which is insanely high. The cold damage is also EXTREMELY good for freezing mobs and bosses.

I want to add more mitigation to the RT version without lowering the DPS much, to make it a little bit stronger.

The new crit version should be able to reach 7m+ Ice Crash DPS, and will drop Multistrike, so per hit damage is going to be very high for freezes - possibly even enough to perma-freeze T15 bosses I think which would make this crit version much much safer than before.

Last edited by Ceryneian on May 28, 2018, 2:56:39 AM
I know you have a soft spot for Ranger but have you considered going Champion? Using pretty much the same tree, I was able to get about 30% more damage and better defences. Also, have you thought about Tectonic Slam? Personally, I never liked Ice Crash's less ias modifier but losing the freeze may be a game changer. Would also need to find an efficient/automated way of generating endurance charges for tectonic slam (perhaps link ECoMS?).
"
I know you have a soft spot for Ranger

Haha I really do! xD. But back when crit facebreaker was relatively new I built using Raider because frenzy charges were just too good on a facebreaker build, by adding frenzy charges I was able to get much higher DPS than other crit and RT fb builds.

"
but have you considered going Champion? Using pretty much the same tree, I was able to get about 30% more damage and better defences. Also, have you thought about Tectonic Slam? Personally, I never liked Ice Crash's less ias modifier but losing the freeze may be a game changer. Would also need to find an efficient/automated way of generating endurance charges for tectonic slam (perhaps link ECoMS?).

I need to check the trees when I get back buddy, but aye yes Champion is really good these days after the buffs, so I would not be surprised if Champion turns out better than a Raider with 7-9 frenzy charges.

Overall I suspect:
- building a Marauder / Scion / Duelist ascendancy will turn out more efficient for the RT version
- but crit version will be better on Ranger / Scion / Shadow ascendancy

I originally wanted to this to be Tectonic Slam but found trying to generate the ECs to be a pain. For RT version if you can make it work with the ECs - then Tectonic Slam would be really nice to use. Also Cyclone and Infernal Blow can all be good replacements for Ice Crash, on the RT version.

But for a crit melee build - freeze is just too good to pass when you have crits that can be enormous. I had a couple of freezes on T15 Core Malachai with Frenzy and multistrike on the old version (avg roughly 2m DPS I think), so if you are getting 6m+ on Ice Crash with higher base damage and higher per hit damage from dropping MS - as long as crit chance is good I suspect I'll be able to perma-freeze a T15 boss. Freeze is king xD.

Last edited by Ceryneian on May 28, 2018, 5:23:45 AM
"
I really like the RT Ice Crash variant and might consider it for a second build in Incursion. Never liked having 4K HP in this day and age of POE, no matter how much mitigation or avoidance one can muster. I modified your build a little with the following changes to make it more realistic for me:

- Reduced phys damage on rings as they're practically mirror worthy with those rolls
- Use Loreweave + Kaom's Roots instead (less ele dmg taken, protects against minus max and most slows in the game including the dreaded temp chains, stun and freeze). HP & damage relatively similar but lose some dodge and a lot of movespeed from Darkrays; however this is largely negated by primarily using shield charge to move.
- 2 passive points instead of Oak bandit for a level 90, 113/123 point build
- Disabled vaal haste
- HOA instead of punishment as I can't guarantee Shaper will melee attack me
- Taste of Hate instead of Rumi's

HP is 6700 and Shaper damage is nearly 900K which is still much more than needed to take him down easily. Using the statstick trick gets the DPS to a point where Ulber Elder may even be possible but I don't have enough experience with him to judge. Here's my pastebin for reference - https://pastebin.com/mg6HmEq1. Let me know your thoughts.

Hi bud, I took a look at your build and thanks again for posting. Offense looks good, and defense I like you were able to incorporate Loreweave as well - I would also prefer to use Loreweave as the +max res is extremely good, but I did want to get above 7K HP - but I think Loreweave would probably be better despite the lower HP. Only downside is it seems expensive.

Kaom's Roots are good I think if you really want more HP. Slows and stuns are not a problem for this build. If you decide to go with Roots please add some additional mitigation like Basalt, AA, for phys hits, because you will be taking more hits. This will also help vs. phys spells. You can take off Sin's Rebirth for Taste of Hate instead and keep Rumi's, since you don't benefit from Blind if you have Kaom's Roots.

Uber Elder is going to be very tough on this build mostly because of all the degen that starts to cover the room makes the fight hard to sustain. But Shaper will be doable. Uber Atziri map will be a bit challenging as well because of the mobs that use chaos/phys spells, and if you are UStance then Atziri's spears are going to give trouble as well. Otherwise all the other bosses should be OK.

If you want better sustain I think Slayer would be the way to go, or Ascendant Slayer.
Last edited by Ceryneian on May 31, 2018, 12:40:36 PM
Based on the patch notes only major change is Ice Crash can now be supported by Multistrike, but I think overall it will be better to keep Multistrike out from the links as Ice Crash can fill all 5 links with higher more multipliers than Multistrike, and also does not need help with the targeting. Will have to double check once PoB gets updated.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info