RANGER FACEBREAKER - CRIT

"
Ceryneian wrote:
"
I'm looking at doing this as my second build but going Scion for Slayer, Assassion, Path of Shadow with this tree. Can you give me your thoughts on this?

https://www.pathofexile.com/fullscreen-passive-skill-tree/3.0.0/AAAABAABAQDuAQkCXwMEA5YFLQW1DkgRlhUgFf0WvxhWGbQbrSLiI9Mj9iT9JpUqCypNLOktgy5TL8wwfDGeNZI2PTfUOuE7KD7PPydDMUX0R35H4krISxxM_02STeNOKlFHVUtVhVoaXfJg3mHiYqxkr2VNaoxqk2yMbWxuPW6qbydvV3BSdO11_XgZeu97FHvDguSEb4TZhrOJ04o4iq-MNo19jYGNv4_BkBGSgJOQlKCUuJXMmheaap2qotmkDKQ5pcumMqZXqHKou6lIsNixW7TFtUi18rjZvTa95r6Avqe-vMGCwaDC7MMzyBTS6NNv1ELWB9hN2L3aYtrB3UjnVOd07T_yRfVv-WP-Cv6P_94=

Edit: sorry about the old version of the tree but I do pick up Vaal Pact, Acrobatics and go for as many jewel slots as possible for the new Abyss jewels.

Tree looks good bro. But please hold off on playing as I need to test it for 3.1 - given work and travel for the holidays most likely I won't be able to update this build until January. This is a difficult build to play because it is melee with Abyssus and relies on damage avoidance (both EV, dodge, block and blind) on top of that leech is now less effective so I need to see how it handles in 3.1.

I can't wait for Jan mate, this league is just too good. Started levelling and with the new Ancestral Call gem we can even level using Frenzy-Splash-Multi-AC, feelsgoodman. Life/phys dmg to attack abyss jewels makes the levelling process easier too. Phys dmg to claw attacks don't seem to work unfortunately.

I just noticed the 2 weaknesses in your guide don't really give us any trouble anymore, so this build has no weaknesses! I'm hoping going Ascendant-Slayer/Assassin will help counter the vaal pact nerf.
Last edited by pathofexile003 on Dec 16, 2017, 2:53:46 PM
This build looks awesome Ill save up some money and hope you update soon
"
This build looks awesome Ill save up some money and hope you update soon

Morning, thanks for checking out the build! Aiming to update this weekend, some interesting changes I want to play around with, and overall I think she will be even stronger than before, despite VP nerf =(.
Last edited by Ceryneian on Feb 2, 2018, 3:59:34 AM
Not sure if you've abandoned this build Ceryneian but I was tinkering around with it in Standard on my L84 Raider and managed to hit 1mil single target sheet dps for the first time in my POE career, without any legacy gear or expensive corruptions. Only changes were the use of the new chest Loreweave (much easier to roll desired colours than Yriel's) with good phys and ele dmg rolls, and a darkness enthroned with good phys dmg and crit multi rolls. Sadly, life is pretty low but I guess you can't have everything.
"
Not sure if you've abandoned this build Ceryneian but I was tinkering around with it in Standard on my L84 Raider and managed to hit 1mil single target sheet dps for the first time in my POE career, without any legacy gear or expensive corruptions. Only changes were the use of the new chest Loreweave (much easier to roll desired colours than Yriel's) with good phys and ele dmg rolls, and a darkness enthroned with good phys dmg and crit multi rolls. Sadly, life is pretty low but I guess you can't have everything.

Thanks bud for checking out the build, and great idea to use Loreweave - it's a really nice chest. Been busy with work and I've been playing LS on the new league but I've gotten a bit bored with Bestiary so I'll be coming back to this build.

I've been working on making this into Ice Crash - since we can now sustain frenzy charges 1v1 and you can get some obscene damage numbers when you factor conc. effect gem for single target and the new abyss jewels on a darkness enthroned and even if you can get a Watcher's Eye with Hatred for extra crit chance. You can get about 6m DPS, or even close to 9m (if you take off Lycosidae and put in a Shaped stat stick) - adn this is before Loreweave.

Unfortunately running Abyssus on an EV melee build has become even more challenging to play after VP nerf. But I think wiht freeze from Ice Crash and using Blood of Karui it should help a lot for survivability for regular clearing.

It would be great to use Loreweave but I would like to get more HP on this build though so I am working on making a version with Ice Crash that gets up to about 6k HP with a Belly and still have awesome DPS and AOE + freeze for clearing, and high single target for bosses.

Last edited by Ceryneian on Mar 26, 2018, 3:56:24 AM
Mate, if you can get 6K hp with that absurd amount of dps, I would love to see it. I quit Bestiary 2 weeks into the league as well, so pushing the big numbers in Standard can be quite fun during the "off season".
"
Mate, if you can get 6K hp with that absurd amount of dps, I would love to see it. I quit Bestiary 2 weeks into the league as well, so pushing the big numbers in Standard can be quite fun during the "off season".

Hi bud, what you think of this. I have switched to Ice Crash given it can use Conc Effect for bosses as another "more" damage multiplier so it can use 5 support gems that all have "more" multipliers.

What you think of these, I still have a few more revisions to make but they seem to be coming along nicely. If you see anything to improve let me know xD

Belly of the Beast, Resolute Technique Version:
- 6L
- 214% inc. life on tree
- about 7k HP
- 1.1m DPS on Shaper / Guardians
- 8 jewel sockets on tree xD
- Acro, Phase Acro
- Vaal Pact
- I put in a Rumi's but this can be swapped for Basalt or Quartz depending on preference
- I am also using Punishment on Blasphemy but if you like you can swap to Arctic Armor
- Can get Fortify on a Shield Charge setup
https://pastebin.com/L15yHttN

Kaom's Heart, Resolute Technique Version:
- Downgrade above build from 6L to 4L which will get you to abotu 500-600k DPS
- You then increase your hp from 7K to 8K just swapping Belly for Kaom

Rigwald's Curse, Crit Version:
- This is basically my original crit FB build but switched from Frenzy to Ice Crash given changes to Raider frenzy charges and Ice Crash ability to use additional "more" multiplier from conc. effect for bosses, and taking advantage of the new abyss jewels and Watcher's Eye
- It uses my old gear which had the legacy Abyssus crit multiplier and legacy FBs
- Reaches about 6m DPS on Shaper. If you have a good stat stick (check the Platinum Kris) you can get 9m DPS. There's a trick to put the dagger in offhand for unarmed - you need to put any 1h in main hand, just use a white item, and then put the stat stick in offhand, and then go to vendor and sell the mainhand - the dagger will stay in offhand.
https://pastebin.com/F3rU3huC
Last edited by Ceryneian on Apr 14, 2018, 2:08:42 AM
"
Ceryneian wrote:
"

Hi bud, what you think of this. I have switched to Ice Crash given it can use Conc Effect for bosses as another "more" damage multiplier so it can use 5 support gems that all have "more" multipliers.

What you think of these, I still have a few more revisions to make but they seem to be coming along nicely. If you see anything to improve let me know xD

- 6L
- 214% inc. life on tree
- about 7k HP
- Acro, Phase Acro
- Vaal Pact
- I put in a Rumi's but this can be swapped for Basalt or Quartz depending on preference
- I am also using Punishment on Blasphemy but if you like you can swap to Arctic Armor

- This is basically my original crit FB build but switched from Frenzy to Ice Crash given changes to Raider frenzy charges and Ice Crash ability to use additional "more" multiplier from conc. effect for bosses, and taking advantage of the new abyss jewels and Watcher's Eye
- It uses my old gear which had the legacy Abyssus crit multiplier and legacy FBs
- Reaches about 6m DPS on Shaper. If you have a good stat stick (check the Platinum Kris) you can get 9m DPS. There's a trick to put the dagger in offhand for unarmed - you need to put any 1h in main hand, just use a white item, and then put the stat stick in offhand, and then go to vendor and sell the mainhand - the dagger will stay in offhand.

what version do u suggest for sc bestiary for end game?
"
paccianivive wrote:
"
Ceryneian wrote:
"

- 6L
- 214% inc. life on tree
- about 7k HP
- Acro, Phase Acro
- Vaal Pact

what version do u suggest for sc bestiary for end game?

Hi bud, probably the 1st version is best but for end game you will need at least 1 Blood of the Karui.

I am still working on the build so might be best to wait until I finish it for 3.3 xD.
EDIT: The BoB version has Bloodlust. What is making the enemies bleed?

still viable for 3.2?
Last edited by puppetlife13 on Apr 20, 2018, 3:36:50 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info