RANGER FACEBREAKER - CRIT

So I respecc'd my Scion to this build and ascended her as Assassin + Berserker. She is level 88 so about 5 points short vs. my Ranger. I wanted to compare the damage output between pure Raider on Ranger vs. Scion Assassin + Berserker. I specc'd the same comparable damage nodes, so my Scion was a bit short on life nodes compared to my Ranger.

Scion turned out to be about 30k less dps coming in at about 850k AOE vs. my Ranger Raider at 880k. The good thing with Scion Assassin though is your first hits are going to hit a bit harder with the extra crit chance and extra crit multiplier.

Although I find now that using Diamond flask - I'm loving it because I crit so much more often so the difference was not that notable.

Apart from that she was slower than my Raider, and without the Phase from Raider it felt a bit more clunky. With Phase on Raider I can easily run into middle of packs for better AOE.

I also added in Vaal Grace, with Inc. Duration this lasts about 10s duration which is more than enough as bosses usually die in 3s. But just an extra precaution for damage avoidance. This will max out your dodge and your spell dodge will be close to max as well. Then you have your high block and some spell block and can throw in blind from Stibnite. I might remove CWDT+IC or my Ancestral Totem and try and figure out a way to get Fortify and some Endurance Charges for myself. I hate using Shield Charge to get Fortify.

This is my updated links:

Note: on some of my vids you see I have a wand in main weapon slot - I put that in because my character kept picking up random weapons and equipping them automatically - so for example if I misclick on ground my character would pick up a white sword and start using sword for frenzy. I tried to change my options to use a key input to pickup items - but it's not working, so I finally just put in the wand - you can spec a 30 int node, put in the wand, then unspec the int node so the wand becomes disabled and you go back to unarmed.
Added T15 Colosseum boss. For Colosseum I made some tweaks on gear and flasks to get some extra damage avoidance.

Because of Daresso's healing phases it's hard to just blast this foo =(.

- to get more avoidance I dropped CWDT + IC gems - I replaced it with 3x Vaal Grace
- dropped Taste of Hate and replaced with Stibnite flask. I still wanted to keep my Diamond flask just for more DPS. So Taste of Hate was the least painful flask to have missing. Yes it results in less mitigation, but combining high DPS + EV entropy + quick regen - I figured it shouldn't be a problem as long as I don't get one-shot
- also did not run Blood Rage to avoid having to use my life flask while Daresso is in resting phase

T15 Colosseum:
https://youtu.be/cIwJdMVQ_KE
Last edited by Ceryneian on Apr 17, 2016, 5:14:21 AM

And if trade Physical to Light for Attack Speed?
"
Ponto99 wrote:

Hi buddy, I'll check when I next go online. But you will miss out on getting shock.

It's big boost when you crit with multistrike you will shock for 1.5x more damage taken. She will hit so hard.

Faster attacks I don't think is really needed given we use Frenzy and you can also use Ancest Protector.
"
Ponto99 wrote:

I take out P2L and put FA I drop from 880k -> 810k. You can try other gems like Melee Damage on Full Life (and drop BR) gets to about 1.0mm AOE, but the shock from P2L on crit will give you WAY more DPS.

P2L also helps for those who use IB or Ice Crash they will have zero phys so they can run phys reflect maps.

I am liking it.
There is still some details to match.

See how it's getting ...

https://br.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/Ponto99/characters/QuankaiBR
"
Ponto99 wrote:
I am liking it.
There is still some details to match.

See how it's getting ...

https://br.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/Ponto99/characters/QuankaiBR

Nice man you are very close to finishing tree. Hope you having fun! If you can - add Diamond flask for more crit xD.
Last edited by Ceryneian on Apr 27, 2016, 2:22:28 PM
So about Assassin's Mark: for some reason I always thought this curse gave +base critical strike chance, and was a more multiplier to crit damage taken by enemy in a similar way to shock.

Well, guess I was wrong.

I'm looking at the numbers and Assassin's Mark is not looking that great. Especially once I factor in 60% boss curse effectiveness, I think Ass Mark then gives me something like: 4% extra crit chance, and +35% crit multiplier.

Unless I fucked up my math somehow - that is not great at all for that amount of mana reservation. The power charges are nice and give me some extra crit chance as well (+13% crit chance looks like on 3x pc), but these can go down at boss if I am not killing anything (see Atziri, Palace, Colosseum) - which is why I really love my Diamond flask now.

I'm thinking I can get more mileage using something like Blasphemy + Ele Weakness since I do so much cold and lightning. I think I'll also try to test just dropping Blasphemy and run Herald of Ash.

Last edited by Ceryneian on Apr 27, 2016, 2:24:40 PM
But if you remove the Assassin's Mark, as it does to regain mana and get the power charge?

I'm sorry for my English, I'm brazilian.
"
Ponto99 wrote:
But if you remove the Assassin's Mark, as it does to regain mana and get the power charge?

I'm sorry for my English, I'm brazilian.

Hi buddy, yes you will lose power charges which is the main big downside. However mana should still be ok, I can sustain 1v1 already with just 0.4% (edit) mana leech on physical damage (on my Diamond flask) without Assassin's Mark mana on kill - so I think it should be fine. I'll do some tests and see.

Yes the power charges are great but sometimes these drop and I can't regenerate and use them for some bosses. So if they are down then Assassin Mark becomes very bad - I might as well use something else in these cases.

If the power charges are always up - then it is great, but I want to run some numbers and see if I will actually get more effective DPS dropping the extra crit chance and crit multiplier from Assassin and using Ele Weakness or HoA.

EDIT:

Ok, I did some math. Looks like dropping 3 power charges + crit chance from Assassin's Mark and the extra crit multiplier is about 0.80x DPS loss.

Running Ele Weakness (assuming 30% res boss @ 60% reduced curse effectiveness) is ~1.25x ele damage boost. I do about 75% ele (cold + light) and 25% phys, so it's about 1.19x gain. So total is 0.80x x 1.19x = 0.96x.

HoA is worse: looking at my main-hand per-hit damage HoA is a 1.08x gain on my total (avg. 35.4k -> avg. 38.1k main hand). So this gives 0.80x x 1.08x = 0.87x net.

I'll take a look at the #s again later this weekend to see if I messed up somewhere.

Last edited by Ceryneian on Apr 28, 2016, 4:12:18 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info