RANGER FACEBREAKER - CRIT

Thanks for the lengthy reply's. Much appreciated considering you don't play this game anymore.

First thing first, yeah my duelist has 4 endurance charges, 1k more life and immortal call cwdt but not a lot of armor or mitigation, just the 4 unique flasks (rumis, tasteofhate, atziris, chalice) and quicksilver of heat. More or just a leech monster with duelist leech wheel passive and Brutal Fervor ascendancy instead of headsman since I didnt need more aoe. That is an RT build though that though runs herald of ash linked with ele prolif, aoe/conc/ inc burning damage. Or in elemental status immune maps I swap prolif and burning dmg for elemental focus and warchief totem. Then they both share a 3l of aoe/conc and ele focus.

I also forgot he has crazy life rep with blood golem, combat stamina and other minor regen nodes combines with the new marble amulet:

However since he is built RT the damage is lowish so I still want to make this raider work.

Were I to take arrow dancing, what 3 points should I give up to reach it? My profile and character are public btw. Fourvel is the Raider.

I think I'll keep trying this with 6l belly for now. Ice crash 4l in helm. Bloodrage/flamedash/reckoning in shield. vaal grace, inc duration, shield charge, faster attacks in boots cause I can't be arsed to recolour corrupted. Possibly experiment with another curse as well.

If not satisfied then I'll probably sell the 6l belly, get a 6l coil and then try this nice little 4c shield I got. Pondering using Kintsugi as well since it mitigates 20% all damage as opposed to 30% physical.

Sadly it rolled reflect instead of an open prefix so can't craft flat phys.

Already made a koams build on my crit ele warchief inquisitor, so not really interested in that. Bringer of rain and lacking chest armor doesnt really excite me either.

This ranger started out as bv pathfinder and I'm not going back to pathfinder lol

Last edited by Glencairn on Nov 16, 2016, 10:15:26 PM
Hmmm, I might suggest you don't use BR for now. Keep your frenzy attack.

At work and can't see your tree but unspec a frenzy node path.

Also unspec out of Raider frenzy path and go to Onslaught path.

Then use a silver flask (also keep your Stibnite).

Onslaught will give you DPS boost and a defensive buff for more EV to compelement Arrow Dancing.

Your 3 defense flasks will now be stibnite, silver, rumi. Silver will also give you damage.

You will also get to keep Phasing path for the dodges.

If you want you can add your fortify and ECs as well.
Tonight I tried 5l lightning coil (frenzy, multi, melee phys, melee splash, inc crit) without P2L and quite liked how it felt.

Ran a t9 coves and no life regen t12 shipyard with nemesis mod. Even took a volatile to the face and kept going.

Using lightning coil + that rare high res mediocre evasion shield and +1 endurance charge meginords belt. Also dropped 1 frenzy charge/duration node and the fire res by scion to get Arrow Dancing. Good advice!

Stole the +1 charge belt from my duelist since I got a Feastbind belt today:

Might be cool to try on ranger too. Lose just a lil bit of life and cold res but get more leech and flask charges. Also with the implicit it does tiny bit more dmg than meginords despite losing 5 flat phys.

As much as I like ice crash I'm just gonna leave that to my other build. Frenzy is growing on me and shield charge is helping.

Current links:

cwdt+immortal call+inc duration+ vaal grace in helm

My corrupted boots went 4 red as I ran out of vaal orbs: shield charge+fortify+enducharge on stun (enduring cry if unwavering map mod) and finally melee phys. But honestly it doesn't really feel like it even needs faster attacks though some more aoe would be nice. still want 3r 1g though so i can swap ancestral warchief with endurance charge gem for tougher bosses so it can have some attack speed.

Temp chains in gloves, blood rage on shield. Chemist's basalt of staunching insted of stibnite. It's feeling pretty good man. Probably going to sell or trade belly for LC.

While thinking about kintsugi or an evasion rare armor the 2-3k chrome estimation from vorici calc for 3r 2b 1g was very discouraging. I guess could use ar/ev base like triumphant lamellar but I believe the mitigation from LC/rare shield is better than rare chest armor with great old one.
Last edited by Glencairn on Nov 17, 2016, 11:02:35 AM
Ok nice. Yeah it's a pain to color EV chest for melee gems. How's the DPS? You using Diamond flask?
Have you tested this with Poison / Voidheart and maybe skipping on crit or while critting?
IGN: MyOtherRangerDied // DontBeStupidAndDieAgain // GenericSporkerWitch
https://google.com
"
liquidSG wrote:
Have you tested this with Poison / Voidheart and maybe skipping on crit or while critting?

Hi bud, no I haven't tried Poison / Voidheart. Most of our high damage is coming from our lightning due to P2L, and our shocks from crit.

May be worth a shot though but I doubt it would be worthwhile - you will need to replace a few gems and/or forego crit which would be a massive DPS loss that I don't think poison can bridge.

I see GGG has nerfed block again. Sorry guys, but using a new Rumi's combined with Acro penalty doesn't seem to make sense anymore.

But we have a nice replacement:

Sin Rebirth
Amazing flask for this build. Been waiting for a flask like this for ages. Witchfire Brew is awesome flask but useless on this build, so I'm loving this new Stibnite.

In fact, if you don't struggle with spells I think Sin Rebirth would be miles better even than a legacy Rumi.

Raider Buffs
I see she got some lovin' from GGG.

Now I remember testing a while ago, and dropping Avatar of Slaughter for Avatar of Chase and the DPS only dropped a little bit, so if Avatar of Chase now has a massive buff for 100% inc. Onslaught effect - it may in fact give more DPS than Avatar of Slaughter.

If it does, that would be even better because it also gives more defense than Slaughter.

Perfect Form
On the surface this looks like a nice chest, but sadly it is 2 years too late to this game for EV players. Melee Rangers are not building block anymore since it was drastically nerfed on dex side, and there is ton of dodge in the game now so it is easier to build dodge and get Acro anyway.

Free Arctic Armor is definitely nice, but I think this chest would be amazing for Iron Reflex builds that are building MAX BLOCKS and can top it off with a free Phase Acro. I'm almost tempted to make a new IR max block build just for this chest. But if you are one of those guys doing IR crit facebreaker as Ranger/Duelist - this would be great chest for you.
Last edited by Ceryneian on Dec 22, 2016, 6:33:16 AM
Damage is good but with "legacy facebreaker" how about without legacy facebreaker? any demo? all video I assume legacy facebreaker but you must demo it with non legacy version just saying make more sense.
"
popotm wrote:
Damage is good but with "legacy facebreaker" how about without legacy facebreaker? any demo? all video I assume legacy facebreaker but you must demo it with non legacy version just saying make more sense.

Hey man, I posted some numbers on pg 15 with non-legacy gear on my old setup - was about 550k DPS using:
- 680% facebreaker
- very low crit multiplier on Abyssus
- non-legacy Megi

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1633984/page/15#p13694837

That is still a lot of damage for a crit build. You'll only notice a difference with bosses on T15 and above.

So unless you are aiming to kill T15+ bosses, then using non-legacy gear is not a big deal at all.

The thing with this build is that the big spike damage is coming from the crits and shock - you only need 1 or 2 crit sets to kill most T14 and below bosses.

Since we have such high APS - it works well to trigger more crits in shorter time.

If they are not killed by the crit they will be frozen anyway.

Anyway, that was using my old set up and tree. I've been getting much higher DPS with some changes and I'll retest with non-legacy gear again.
Last edited by Ceryneian on Dec 28, 2016, 6:24:15 PM
Been making some updates to the build, this is my latest gear and tree:

Gear:

Tree:
Spoiler

https://www.pathofexile.com/fullscreen-passive-skill-tree/AAAABAIBAQBeAO4BCQW1CC4M8g5IEZYVIBX9Fr8XJhmOGbQbrRvIIuIj9iSdJP0mlSoLKk0s6S2DMHE1kjY9N9Q6QjrhPL4-zz8nQdBF9Ed-R-JKyEt4TZJN41FHVUtd8l9wYeJiWmKsZK9lTWyMbWxuqm9XcFJ1_XgZeoR7FHvDfXWC5INthG-Gs4nTijiKr4wLjDaNfY2_j8GQEZS4lcybjZ2qo4qkOaR4pcumV7TFtUi18rjZuXy9Nr3mvqfBoMHVwuzP3dCt037UI9RC1gfYvdjV3UjdqN7451TssO0_7YPuDu968YryRfaj-WP-Cv6P_rr_3g==?accountName=Ceryneian&characterName=Tiurakh

- Swap Rumi for Quartz: dodge instead of block. Easier to keep up: can also roll reduced flask mods / flask effect / flask recharge mods unlike a unique flask like Rumi's. This gets us to 74% dodge and 50% spell dodge which is pretty nice. And we still have some residue block and spell block from our shield
- Swap ToH for Sin of Rebirth: lose some freeze potential adn phys mitigation, but gain much more attack avoidance and more DPS (more chaos DPS which has less res from monsters)
- Replaced Iron Ring with a Steel Ring: higher phys damage added. Needed to get Scion fire res to balance the resistances
- Updated Belly for a white socket (luxury, not necessary): can swap Melee Splash with diff. color gem for single target like Light Pen
- Using VoV instead of life flask
- Took out 4 points from mana and flask recharge nodes: put one point into fire res by Scion to allow me to wear my new steel ring, then took out another 3 points down by Duelist, to get 5 points of hte big claw crit cluster + another claw node (phys and APS) in the big claw wheel. This gives us a massive boost to crit chance for more consistent crits

DPS numbers on this setup:

Town: 183k

Add Hatred and Ice Golem: 246k

9 Frenzy charges and 3 Power Charges: 766k

Sip Lion's Roar: 1.0mm

Sip Sin of Rebirth (gives the same as Taste of Hate): 1.2mm

Ok that's my basic DPS that I have up nearly all the time which is overkill for everything except T15+ bosses. If you want to boost DPS even more you can do other shenanigans like:

- Add Blood Rage
- Vaal Haste
- Ancestral Protector
- Swap Quartz flask for Atziri flask

And that is still AOE ofc. Swapping Melee Splash for Added Fire / Light Pen will be even higher DPS (only really needed for T16 bosses).

Last edited by Ceryneian on Dec 28, 2016, 6:23:35 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info