[2.2] [End game] The Sundernaut. Tanky/crit juggernaut. Budget 200k dps

I've seen the character when it doesn't have the acuity. I've remember asking "Does reflect even bother you?" because of it's health is not coming down. The need of acuity will be on higher Tier maps like 11.

Nice build Bewl.
I might follow this build. I have enough to be decently funded however the atziri gloves are out of my budget so I have just going to get maligaros. I know this is an offensive position; how do I counteract the lose from losing the leech from atziri. Would appreciate a detailed answer since I have played in a while.
"
Hadou_Ken wrote:
I might follow this build. I have enough to be decently funded however the atziri gloves are out of my budget so I have just going to get maligaros. I know this is an offensive position; how do I counteract the lose from losing the leech from atziri. Would appreciate a detailed answer since I have played in a while.

Hey there!

Atziri Acuities are not required for the build at all! I ran "Shadow and dust" gloves for a long time myself and have only recently picked up acuities as i wanted keep improving my gear.

Acuity enables you to run reflect maps endgame and i don't think there's any other way to do that, once you scale your damage as much this build does you simply oneshot yourself :-(

I have just uploaded a video of a tier 12 map run with no acuities, no taste of hate, a 5l and my cheap old jewelry. This should show the build is more than capable without GG gear.

everyone asumes you gotta be able to run reflect but, you dont and you can either skip reflect mobs on maps or use atziri flask or a good potion right before you hit them, Ive yet to die to relect once, only times Ive died is from groups hitting me with multiple crits at same time, not much one can do when that happens except move on. Im using duelist champion with simular gear running at high crit.

This was without vaal haste or onslaught or my new Sapphire flask which gives 40% damage boost. Im 85 and have over 4600 hp now this was when I was level 81.
I've been leveling up playing with Earthquake and Sunder, but I was leaning towards sunder and I really liked your use of the "utili-totem" and Vengeance. I also opted to go for the end charges branch, although you make a good argument for unbreakable/unstoppable.

I've only just hit 68, so the build just turned on for me with the staff and abyssus and I haven't had any real challenges yet, but to compensate for not having unbreakable I weaved a bit more armor into the tree I plan to use this:
Spoiler
https://www.pathofexile.com/fullscreen-passive-skill-tree/AAAABAEBAQSzBS0GxgthDjwS4RNxFCAUcRZvGJEaOB0UJKonLy3SMfsyiTSONuk6UjrYPAU8LT0-PfxAoEFyRY5Gt0d-Si5QR1hjWK5Z812kXhNepV8_YVJlTWZUZp5nm2hlaPJr2XIPcql2rHfleHp673uMfXN_44IHgpuDX4PMhNmE74Y7hmCHaozPj0aQVZHOkn2S0JRvmG-fPqIAouqnpaknqZSsqq0Jrj6vbLc-u-28mryfvTa-p8ABwGbE9sauxtjJZ89-02_Vi9i92XzcI93V42rkUeXP6hjsOO1E7w7vTu988B_z3fZI9zL46_rS-4v-Cg==

With my tree do you feel I'd be in danger of having too much armour if I did drop unflinching/unrelenting in favour of unbreakable/unstoppable? In the past I've done Atziri and up to about T12ish maps, typically stopping in leagues at around lvl 90 - do you think my take on your build will work, or is unbreakable/unstoppable much more than just a quality of life upgrade and almost necessary?

Sorry for all the questions! Just think I may play beyond 90 this league to get all the challenges so I want to set up right, good job on the guide!
Last edited by AmaranthineQuerencia on Mar 28, 2016, 4:10:13 AM
Been leveling based on your sundernaut and its only been getting better. But one thing i was wondering is the catalyst / elementalist area necessary? Or Perhaps getting another set of phys nodes might be better?
First of all, I would like to say good job and I would be trying this build next!

Next I would like to inquire about the same thing as the person above me. Why so much emphasis on weapon elemental damage nodes? And also in your rings? Am i missing something? I thought most of your damage is physical. Onli Added fire and hatred is elemental damage right?

Thanks!
"
behbehbehbeh wrote:
First of all, I would like to say good job and I would be trying this build next!

Next I would like to inquire about the same thing as the person above me. Why so much emphasis on weapon elemental damage nodes? And also in your rings? Am i missing something? I thought most of your damage is physical. Onli Added fire and hatred is elemental damage right?

Thanks!

At a point, it's the only way to scale phys damage.

I already have a ton of % increased phys damage, so getting more would be a drop in the bucket. But if you get '60% Extra damage as elemental' and can scale that 50-100-200%? Big increases!
thanks for the reply!

a few more question for you if you dont mind.

i realize by using multistrike, i get stuck at one spot for quite some time because of the less attack speed on sunder. I could not manually evade attacks that i see coming. Granted, I am only level 50. If I do not use a faster attack gem, will this pose a problem in end game?

next question, i seem to be having problem aiming with multistrike, my first attack will target the monster i want but the subsequent 2 attacks it may auto target other monsters nearly. This causes a problem for me cause I would like to kill the rare in front of me first before targeting other monsters.
Will this get better as i progress to later levels or will this problem persist?

Thanks!!
"
behbehbehbeh wrote:
thanks for the reply!

a few more question for you if you dont mind.

i realize by using multistrike, i get stuck at one spot for quite some time because of the less attack speed on sunder. I could not manually evade attacks that i see coming. Granted, I am only level 50. If I do not use a faster attack gem, will this pose a problem in end game?

next question, i seem to be having problem aiming with multistrike, my first attack will target the monster i want but the subsequent 2 attacks it may auto target other monsters nearly. This causes a problem for me cause I would like to kill the rare in front of me first before targeting other monsters.
Will this get better as i progress to later levels or will this problem persist?

Thanks!!

Its Multistrike it does this with most melee ranged type skills, your best bet is to position yourself in front of a pack lining them up but as for slow attacks, I have almost 400% attack speed on mine and with faster attacks and multistrike I have a ton of speed and with the dps you clear everything withint seconds. Its an aoe skill so its supposed to hit in an area based around you. it will target the closest mobs first.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info