[2.2] Guardian Support Immortal Tank (Hardcore Build)

"
Have you considered using blasphemy over ball lightning? A large percentage of the mobs in your first video are engaged/killed before they are even cursed. I'm currently running a lvl 90 guardian with temp/enfeeble on blasphemy (until I roll a +1 curse amulet) with a similar skill tree. Everything on screen is instantly cursed, providing a much safer run in my opinion.

Feel free to check out my character page (pope_) if you want.

2 reasons why I would not go blasphemy considering the purpose of my build (which is to do very hard maps).
Bear in mind that my build is designed solely around hardcore, where you have to account for literally every scenario possible.

In the current meta the only mobs that need to be cursed are rares and bosses, cursing every single mob on the screen is a waste of time, and not necessary. On top of that, often dangerous monsters like Avian Wretches or Flame Golems will attack your party from offscreen before you even have a chance to run in range of them. In this scenario your blasphemy auras give you nothing, whereas an extra defensive aura, would.

If you're running a dangerous map and you have to run away from a boss for whatever reason to let your ES regen, the boss will no longer be cursed. Using ball lightning you can both curse from offscreen and let your curses stick if you have to run away and play defensive for whatever reason.
Last edited by blue__ice on Mar 26, 2016, 1:33:33 PM
"
Jansports wrote:
You have Generosity linked to 2 Purity and Determination, is that intentional? Wouldn't that hurt your own tankiness a good bit?

Mistake, fixed now
Just curious as to why you grab 2 attackspeed nodes and a jewel by scion instead of the two mana nodes and a jewel by hex master? (EDIT: Unless its for whirling blades speed but I imagine you have enough attack speed from all the auras and ascendancy)

I think I am going to make this build next. Trying to figure out what level I can toss the shavs on and feel like I won't rip it and get the build running and what my tree should look like as I progress from 70-90.
Trying to stay alive in Hardcore.
Last edited by gbjfrtswym on Mar 26, 2016, 10:57:20 PM
"

I have yet to come across an instance where I would need to run away and let my ES recharge (nor do I expect to)--the regen is absolutely insane.
Stay safe.

No regen maps is mainly when this will happen, on bosses like Excavation where you have a limited amount of space to move and the floor gets covered in shit. Often it gets hairy when theres mods like enfeeble and monster life on top of those dangerous mods since your party is not able to instantly kill the bosses. It's these scenarios that you have to plan for (bear in mind my mapping strategy involves Vaaling Maps, so I have to plan for absolutely everything).
Can you update a Leveling skill tree? or say which notes are the most important?
"
Fexoo wrote:
Can you update a Leveling skill tree? or say which notes are the most important?

updated with Hybrid tree and leveling explanation (use whispering ice)
if dont have whispering ice ..what other option to level this character and what minimum level to full guardian
Hi, thanks for the build !
Just a few questions :

1) Why not Alpha's Howl ? I assume it's for the es in your helm but wouldnt be 8% reserved, +2 aura, cannot be frozen, and evasion nice ?
2) Did you take a skill point on bandits on every difficulty ?
Last edited by PatMacGroin on Mar 28, 2016, 8:48:38 AM
"
PatMacGroin wrote:
Hi, thanks for the build !
Just a few questions :

1) Why not Alpha's Howl ? I assume it's for the es in your helm but wouldnt be 8% reserved, +2 aura, cannot be frozen, and evasion nice ?
2) Did you take a skill point on bandits on every difficulty ?

1. Why not alphas howl?

What does alphas howl give you?

Freeze immune
You are already immune to freeze as one of your flasks has anti-freeze (and they have effectively 100% uptime).

Reduced aura reservation
The aura reservation reduction would give you access to another aura which is nice but the only defensive aura left is Vitality which is pretty lacklustre.

+2 Aura levels
The +2 levels can only really be taken advantage of by your purities, but you need lvl 21 purities (then your purities will be lvl 23 in the howl, giving you +5% auras) which is almost impossible to get at the start of the league and not necessary. If I were to spend more money on the build - get better rares, lvl 21 auras, etc... then Alphas howl would probably have a place in it. However as it stands, the build is designed to be a cheap first build for a league that can do all endgame mapping content and make a lot of currency.

Evasion vs ES
You lose about 3k ES from dropping the ES helm. Considering you do not have much %EVA on the tree you will only gain about 1500 evasion which is not worth dropping the ES for.

2. Bandits
At the start I took Oak, Skillpoint, Skillpoint.
This was because I started the league as Hybrid. Later when I got the shav's and switched to lowlife I changed normal to skillpoint, so with the final build you kill every bandit in all difficulties.
Leveling IS a real issue I tried freezing pulse and spark yet both are not really good especially since we have nearly no defense until we are level 60ish.

Also everyone make sure to get urself the Solaris Lorica Armor it is mandatory in my opinion on top of that you can use this armor even until 80ish then you should have enough for Shavs.

yeah like I said i would like to hear every ones Level strategy

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info