[2.3]FoxTactics Hellfire Arc build [Full conversion fire arc] Vaal righteous fire one shot

Running this in reg. prophecy atm, I am liking the map clear but single target is a bit annoying (jar flasks are kinda expensive for some reason right now and most of my currency went into lightning coil/ring). I am only at 10k tooltip on arc and been playing around with vaal rf and vaal flameblast for single target (vaal RF is clearly superior, but can be a little more risky, killed myself once with it lol). I think I am going to try to get a doriany's next, but I am actually not sure how big of an upgrade it's going to be over my current one. Any advice on what to improve next beyond getting some better gear and setting up orb of storms with writhing and curse on hit?
"
Shajirr wrote:
"
Aderp wrote:
but I made a LL variation without the fire conversion on standard and my tooltip is 58k w/o overload

Isn't conversion version proven to be strictly superior to non-conversion one, after Elementalist ascendancy came out? Even for just Vaal RF alone.

I mean, both cause all status ailments, and assuming same damage + same investment into dmg nodes, one gets several times stronger burn + Vaal RF while other gets... nothing? They will both shock for an equal amount of time and strength.

You lose vinktar when you convert to fire damage, and being in standard, legacy vinktar is way too good to pass up (can skip vaal pact). Without the fire conversion you just stack elemental damage for double dipping (also helps VRF).
what would you go for on the extra golem? another flame or a lightning?
"
Aderp wrote:

You lose vinktar when you convert to fire damage, and being in standard, legacy vinktar is way too good to pass up (can skip vaal pact). Without the fire conversion you just stack elemental damage for double dipping (also helps VRF).

That stupidly broken thing should have never existed, this is why making items legacy is such an awful idea. Although I don't really care since I do not play in standard right now.

So stupidly broken legacy item aside, fire arc would be better in every way.
Pure elemental damage is not present on the tree in such quantities as fire dmg.

Also no not forget that flammability amplifies both initial hit and the resulting burn. Non-converted dmg version can't do that.
Increasing Field of View in PoE: /1236921
Last edited by Shajirr on Jun 7, 2016, 3:12:05 AM
So anyone got suggestions or tricks for uber lab? Got to last phase but first flameblast with conflux doesn't do much and after arcing him for around 2-3 minutes he was still at like 15% (around 50% of last phase). My arc sheet is 23.6k.
IGN: DelusionalFnaticFan
Ah, FoxTactics. I remember running your old Arc Ninja build not too long after launch. Nice to see you're still making Arc happen. :P After getting used to lightning warping everywhere, this build is one of the most intense and fun builds I've played since then. I have a few questions though:

- Mana. I have 1,139 total, but if I run both Wrath and Blasphemy I find that I still need to chug a mana potion to stay topped off despite engaging most packs / mobs well within Blasphemy range. How are you maintaining your mana pool? Writhing Jar? Up until now I've used HoT instead and even then I still had to occasionally use a mana pot.

- VRF. Right now I'm only running one Writhing Jar but I noticed that you run up to three in your videos. Is it important to run at least two or three to make the the VRF truly effective against high HP enemies? My VRF gem and its supports are still fairly low level, so that's certainly a factor, but even now I find that the damage it puts out varies wildly against, for example, Voll.

- Spiky phys damage. Right now I run a +1 Tabula since I haven't found a 6L Coil in my price range just yet. I assume that getting the Coil is one of the keys to mitigating spiky physical damage, but if it isn't, what else do you recommend? I prefer to keep a Granite flask around and I use mine regularly, but you don't run a similar flask - is this how / why? As a side note, I could certainly use more life on gear and I'm still missing Constitution but otherwise have most of the life nodes in the first tree. Edit: Also only using one jewel at the moment, but that'll come with a few more levels.

Current gear:

Last edited by ConsPark on Jun 7, 2016, 6:02:47 AM
Part of me feels like Mastermind of Discord may be the go to for this build. At least the way I play.

On bosses I typically move around a bit drop my writhing jars, get conflux, lightning warp on top of boss, and then unleash VRF.

With Pendulum and Mastermind I would gain 8% cast, 120% elemental damage, 25% radius (for those bosses that move away) and 25% fire penetration.

"
Shajirr wrote:
"
Aderp wrote:

That stupidly broken thing should have never existed, this is why making items legacy is such an awful idea. Although I don't really care since I do not play in standard right now.

So stupidly broken legacy item aside, fire arc would be better in every way.
Pure elemental damage is not present on the tree in such quantities as fire dmg.

Also no not forget that flammability amplifies both initial hit and the resulting burn. Non-converted dmg version can't do that.

I just use ele weakness, which does help initial hit and burn. You are right though, ele dmg nodes generally aren't as efficient as fire/light/spell dmg nodes.

Edit: legacy vinktar is a no-brainer imo, but even non-legacy is worth considering imo.
Last edited by Aderp on Jun 7, 2016, 10:28:00 AM
Any of you attempted to do merciless or uber lab yet?
"
failpatrol wrote:
Any of you attempted to do merciless or uber lab yet?

I did uber lab, but I'm playing standard and a low life no conversion variant so it probably won't be the same experience for someone playing prophecy. Each izaro phase died in around 15 seconds from arc spam.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info