Windows 10 Memory Leak Fixed

"
Paion wrote:
Windows 10 Memory Leak NOT Fixed

I have have crashed with memory error at least 3 times since this "fix".

It usually happens after I been playing for a while then I change instances.

IE: Earlier today I was buying a Junith Perandus, Keeper of Vaults kill, I left the Merc Lab 2/3 of the way through, WP to A4M and crashed to trying to enter a portal to dried lakes of all places. I had been playing for about 4 hours at that point I believe. It took me so long to log back in I lost the kill. (I subsequently got it but that's not the point.)

IE: After a few hours of playing I crashed while trying to enter a Zana daily in a group rotation, lost my turn and actually the second half of the rotation because I had to reboot the PC on this crash.

Nothing else on my PC is acting weird at all. Just this game, just since this expansion.

Same with me, onlt started getting the error after expansion and I have gotten it 3 times today so issue is still not resolved
Not fixed for me either. still get mapviewoffile after about 2 hours playing. trying to join a map.

ON A SECOND NOTE

My pc is a fresh install. nothing but win 10 and poe on it.
i7 5820k, 16 gb ram, r9 290x, samsung 950 pro. and i can't even rum medium settings either without major fps drops.. what the #&%& IS WRONG
"
Clu3l3ssDK wrote:
Not fixed for me either. still get mapviewoffile after about 2 hours playing. trying to join a map.

ON A SECOND NOTE

i7 5820k, 16 gb ram, r9 290x, samsung 950 pro. and i can't even rum medium settings either without major fps drops.. what the #&%& IS WRONG

Not sure if you're using the PoE Steam version, or Stand alone, but for the steam version, I had to do the following:

Right click Path of Exile in Game Library and go to properties
Click on Local Files tab
Verify Integrity of Game Cache

I haven't seen this message since I've done that. Maybe that didn't actually do anything, and I've just gotten lucky so far? Worth a shot, however.
Improved yes.. but I wouldn't say "fixed"..
generally dangerous
"
Paion wrote:
Windows 10 Memory Leak NOT Fixed

I have have crashed with memory error at least 3 times since this "fix".

It usually happens after I been playing for a while then I change instances.

IE: Earlier today I was buying a Junith Perandus, Keeper of Vaults kill, I left the Merc Lab 2/3 of the way through, WP to A4M and crashed to trying to enter a portal to dried lakes of all places. I had been playing for about 4 hours at that point I believe. It took me so long to log back in I lost the kill. (I subsequently got it but that's not the point.)

IE: After a few hours of playing I crashed while trying to enter a Zana daily in a group rotation, lost my turn and actually the second half of the rotation because I had to reboot the PC on this crash.

Nothing else on my PC is acting weird at all. Just this game, just since this expansion.

I am on Windows 10 Pro updated from Windows 7, a very solid system.
Intel Core i5 3570K @ 3.40GHz Ivy Bridge 22nm Technology
16.0GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 961MHz (11-11-11-30)
ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC. SABERTOOTH Z77 (LGA1155)
3071MB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 780 Ti (EVGA)
111GB FM-25S2S-120GBP2 (SSD)
1863GB Seagate ST2000DM001-1CH164 (SATA)

I run the game on top settings.
I use the steam version.
I moved PoE to my SSD a long time ago. (way before expansion and current issues)
I verified the cache several times, no change.
I set the steam launch options to include -swa

The game is maxing out my cpu when I load some areas and still having memory crashes.
Toning down the graphics is not a valid option, I'm sorry.
Something is still broke.
Hideout of the Week: Joe Schmoe VS. The Volcano
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mkuAWFPgcdQ

Still available in Standard.
You are welcome to see it for yourself anytime.
Last edited by Paion on Mar 25, 2016, 10:42:33 AM
Same here. My computer setup has only 8Gb of RAM but it should be enough for this game. I mean, I've played on worse setups with Win 7 before without memory issues. I've gotten the MapViewOfFile error a few times and once I got Error: E_OUTOFMEMORY when processing Art/Textures/Environment/Act4/KaomsKingdom/KaomPebblyns.dds

When I'm not playing I use about 30% of my RAM and normally PoE seems to hog another 30% so that should leave me with about 2,5GB of free memory. So there seems to be a decent amount of free memory when needed. (memory not used is memory wasted so I wouldn't want to upgrade to 16GB or 32GB just for one game. I don't multitask enough to make so much memory worthwhile)

I'm guessing the whole thing is about the new Windows memory compression thingy. But shouldn't it make things harder for our processors instead of Memory?
--------------------------------------
Dudes need their beauty sleep too
--------------------------------------
Last edited by RichHeart on Mar 25, 2016, 12:01:56 PM
GGG, this is another reason why I like you guys: you admit it when you've made a mistake.

Aside from that, hopefully this fix is ongoing for all of those still experiencing this issue. As for me, I still have a firm grasp on my Windows 7. Just like Windows XP, I'm not letting go until a future version of 10 is much more mature and stable. Who knows, may be when Microsoft Hits 10.2, 10.3, or whatever.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▒▒▒▒░░░░░ cipher_nemo ░░░░░▒▒▒▒ │ Waggro Level: ♠○○○○ │ 1244
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
An apology is a ray of sunshine as so many companies never bother, well played GGG
~ Adapt, Improvise and Overcome
"
Clu3l3ssDK wrote:

ON A SECOND NOTE

I get this same error. I am using Windows 8.1

Doubt it will ever be fixed by the looks of it...
Confirming this issue is NOT fully fixed.

Can reproduce on 2x Windows 10 systems both with XBOX DVR turned off.

System 1: 16GB Memory, no other issues

System 2: 8GB Memory, no other issues (laptop)

Both have NVIDIA GPUs. Both have Intel Core i7 Processors/

Neither had any issue of this sort until the Ascendancy patch.

Crash always happens on zone load... with the same type of error messages about not being able to load some asset or another.

GGG, please help!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info