[HC Assassin] 2.6 Arc Miner build - Fast Clear + Very Low Budget!

How come you don't get that saboteur node to the right in between the two lines of coldhearted calculation and clever construction? Seems too convenient to miss out on 44% mine damage (and mine laying speed if it makes that big of a diff?) and also an additional mine!
This is Major Tom to ground control.
Last edited by tomslucky7 on Dec 18, 2016, 11:27:27 PM
"
tomslucky7 wrote:
How come you don't get that saboteur node to the right in between the two lines of coldhearted calculation and clever construction? Seems too convenient to miss out on 44% mine damage (and mine laying speed if it makes that big of a diff?) and also an additional mine!

I did include this node later on in the build (under 'current tree'). You are right that it is a nice pair of nodes, although there are so many other good nodes to pick up first!

"
CoolColJ wrote:
re charge generation, just get a Jaws of Agony shield on weapon swap

and have - trap of choice + cluster trap + multi trap, on it

and spam that a few times and you will have max charges :)

Yeah this is one possibility, although I would prefer to keep my weapon swap for a single target setup :)
"
Adblax wrote:
"
tomslucky7 wrote:

I did include this node later on in the build (under 'current tree'). You are right that it is a nice pair of nodes, although there are so many other good nodes to pick up first!

"
CoolColJ wrote:
re charge generation, just get a Jaws of Agony shield on weapon swap

and have - trap of choice + cluster trap + multi trap, on it

and spam that a few times and you will have max charges :)

Yeah this is one possibility, although I would prefer to keep my weapon swap for a single target setup :)

yay! Thanks for the info :)

Did you manage to test out the comparison of ascendencies saboteur or assassin and as to which one is better? I'm really debating whether I want more damage or faster kills.
Last edited by tomslucky7 on Dec 20, 2016, 12:22:31 PM
Honestly, you lose out on so much damage from going saboteur instead of assassin I don't think it is ever worth it for this build (keep in mind that the more damage you do, the more efficient and far reaching the chains are). The main positive I can see from saboteur is the fact that almost everything would be blinded if it doesn't die instantly, and so perhaps sab could be used if you only wanted to farm lower tier maps? The arming speed might help a bit more there.
"
Adblax wrote:
Honestly, you lose out on so much damage from going saboteur instead of assassin I don't think it is ever worth it for this build (keep in mind that the more damage you do, the more efficient and far reaching the chains are). The main positive I can see from saboteur is the fact that almost everything would be blinded if it doesn't die instantly, and so perhaps sab could be used if you only wanted to farm lower tier maps? The arming speed might help a bit more there.

Thanks a ton for your opinions and input man, really helping clarify some things I was wondering about. This build is pretty insane and you're spot on about it being cheap as hell. The only expensive thing I could see getting is the helm with extra arc (its like 1 - 2 ex rn in breach). Appreciate all your info and guidance on it!

One last question. What is the gem setup you went with on your helm? It looks like you're kinda just messing around with how it is listed on here?
"
tomslucky7 wrote:
Thanks a ton for your opinions and input man, really helping clarify some things I was wondering about. This build is pretty insane and you're spot on about it being cheap as hell. The only expensive thing I could see getting is the helm with extra arc (its like 1 - 2 ex rn in breach). Appreciate all your info and guidance on it!

One last question. What is the gem setup you went with on your helm? It looks like you're kinda just messing around with how it is listed on here?

Always happy to help, and am glad you seem to be enjoying it :)

As for the gems in the helm - blasphemy setup + unlinked clarity (doesnt need any links) + spirit offering (corpse removal, e.g. necro vigil)
"
Adblax wrote:
"
tomslucky7 wrote:

Always happy to help, and am glad you seem to be enjoying it :)

As for the gems in the helm - blasphemy setup + unlinked clarity (doesnt need any links) + spirit offering (corpse removal, e.g. necro vigil)

that's only 3 gems! im thinking orb of storms + pcoc + reduced mana + herald of ice. My stone golem can kind of fend for himself as is, and if he dies it's honestly nbd. Might switch him for vitality aura and get rid of herald, then replace that with something else. gotta think more on that yet. Only reason is cuz orb of storms doesn't really need reduced mana as it is inexpensive AF to begin with (mana-wise).
"
CoolColJ wrote:
How is this build doing with breaches?

Since you can't draw aggro away, can't leech and need setup time for the mines, must be real tough :)

Yes. I have died many a times in them with this build sadly.
"
tomslucky7 wrote:
"
CoolColJ wrote:

Since you can't draw aggro away, can't leech and need setup time for the mines, must be real tough :)

Not sure what problems you have been having with breaches to be honest, I have generally found them a breeze. The only problem is if a cant die aura spawns in an awkward place. Just make sure you have all 7 power charges before opening, and keep using that decoy totem at the start to clear a space. Should have enough damage to clear things away as quick as it spawns :)
"
Adblax wrote:
"
tomslucky7 wrote:
"
CoolColJ wrote:

Not sure what problems you have been having with breaches to be honest, I have generally found them a breeze. The only problem is if a cant die aura spawns in an awkward place. Just make sure you have all 7 power charges before opening, and keep using that decoy totem at the start to clear a space. Should have enough damage to clear things away as quick as it spawns :)

Yeah, that's just it :(

I only get up to 4 power charges at the moment at lvl 69 (haha..), and I can't seem to get a 5l 4b1g for the life of me.. I've spent my life savings in breach on trying to obtain that specific set (let alone 5b1g... god forbid). It's unreal how hard it is to obtain those colors on that staff, so I'm missing out on a big chunk of damage with controlled destruction missing.

I do have 1r1g3b though, and in place of CD with that red socket I'm using Iron Will instead. It helps, for now. I might go for those 2 30 strength nodes till i get that 4th blue socket that I need, whilst also going for those extra power charges at the same time. It's just a lot of upkeep that I'm not used to in breaches, that's why I die so much lol.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info