[HC Assassin] 2.6 Arc Miner build - Fast Clear + Very Low Budget!

"
I am very new to the game.. I see your Arc is corrupted, how do you build up souls with it so u can use it? I don't get this ;/

It is a normal arc gem corrupted with a vaal orb. Corrupting a gem has several different outcomes, the one OP got was +1 gem level.

You are thinking of Vaal Arc which does need souls to use.
Do you still play your miner, what lvl are you now?
"
hiipie wrote:
Do you still play your miner, what lvl are you now?

Unfortunately I have not been playing much this league. Needed a little break to be honest, but I am looking forward to either coming back near the end of the league to finish challenges or next league :)

At the start of the league I got to 90 on it easily enough, then got near insta-gibbed by extra damage boiling ambusher coldsnap mobs as they emerged :( I was not ele weakness capped though so the 8k damage I took is not too unrealistic with 50% cold res! :D

I hadn't been having any trouble though with the exception of the blast cascade bug though. On that note I did send them an email seeing if I could get an update and they simply stated that they are investigating it.
Never even thought about using Tremor Rod but was really interested when reading your guide. Not sure if it fits your thread, but I wanted to show what I did with it. I deviated from your tree as I decided to give it a shot as CI and Saboteur just to try it, currently level 66 in SC .

Ignore the CoH setup, I know that it doesn't work, just don't need the links atm. Want to move the Vaal Discipline to the gloves but 3R1B didn't work for now, stupid Vorici :) Running Discipline, Clarity and HoL but I think HoL will be removed for an Enfeeble Blasphemy setup in the future, the damage is just fine. Last 4L setup will probably be a beefy Golem with blind or something. Due to CotB Lightning Pen becomes kinda bad and I went with crit - I'm not an Assassin, so the boost to crit is welcome.

http://poedb.tw/us/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAYDAQQHBx4I1A5IEVARlhHCE3EV1x0UHU8jXyoLKlMsvy0fL281uUV8RblHBklRSbFMs1RiVmNYrlxrXfJepV8qYk9knW0ZcFFwUnC7c210VXZvfll-sH_GhEiEd4auidOMNo5kj0aP-pMnlSCVLpeXm5qboZ3ZoEOhL6KjpyusmLJwtAy0OLd1uQa-isHFwfPDbckGytPQ0NfP2FTZE9vn5Rnr5Ov17BjuFe-I8NXw-fId99f5N_v1

As you can see I don't use MoM, but decided to scale defenses via high ES and freezes from CotB.

Definitely more expensive if you want to switch to CI early (Energy from Within 12C, Chayula 8C, CotB 8C). Also switching to Tremor Rod at 45 was not a good idea - 2 1C wands dealt way more damage and without an advanced tree it wasn't that great.

Thanks a lot for the idea, having a blast at the moment :)
Last edited by Vexra on Oct 22, 2016, 4:47:57 AM
It is always nice to see people looking to expand the build :) It would certainly be worth running a blasphemy or two if possible, helps a lot with survivability.

In terms of going CI with the build, it is certainly possible using a tremor rod, although it may be difficult to get a good amount of ES (when I was looking at trees for it, I would barely get over 8.5-9k ES, which is only a few hundred over the EHP of the life based build. However I do think CI could be stronger on a much larger budget and using a shield for the extra ES, without this it may be a little too hard to justify going CI.

As for the Ascendancy choice, I have given my opinions of saboteur a few times throughout the thread. My opinion basically boils down to: its got some niche uses but realistically it does not give a large enough benefit for the huge reduction in damage when you do not go assassin. Although if you were to use a shield, it may be a little better due to the increased mine-laying speed, which will be lacking without the tremor rod.

However I am always interested to see how editations to the build play out at a little higher level.

TLDR: CI could be good if you use a shield, in which case going saboteur would synergise a little better than if you used a tremor rod.
Didn't play that much but hit 78 on the CI variant as a Saboteur. I'm at 7.1k ES and 5.6k avg. damage with the following gear and tree:

https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAYDAAQHBx4I1A18DkgRLxFQEZYRwhNxFdcbJR0UHU8gbiNfKgsrCiy_LR8vbzW5QZZCLEV8RblHBklRSbFLrkyzVGJWY1iuXGtd8l6lXypiT2SdbRlwUXBScLtzbXRVdm9-WX6wf8aESIR3hq6J04w2jmSPRo_6kyeVIJUul5ebmpuhndmgQ6B5oS-io6crrJius7QMtDi2-rd1uQa-isHFwfPDbckGytPQ0ND118_YVNkT2Vvb5-UZ6QLquuvk6_XsGO4V74jw1fD58h33pvfX-Tf79Q==?accountName=Vexra&characterName=VexraAM

I feel quite content with it, but you're right that hitting above 9k ES will be very hard without a shield (or stupidly expensive gear). Considering Saboteur I really think about dropping it, the potential damage with Assassin is just ridiculous.
Last edited by Vexra on Oct 27, 2016, 1:34:38 PM
Thank you for the nice guide, I am getting more used to it after failing until I followed your advice not to face tank ;)
I don't know whether it came up in the thread but I started testing Firestorm for single target and found it more convincing than Bladefall so far. What do you think?

Edit: Also I just found out firsthand what you mean by "Porcupines offscreen"...ouch XD
Last edited by Hoggemeister on Oct 30, 2016, 7:00:56 PM
Hi! I'm incredibly new to the game and am trying to follow your build because it looks super awesome! The priciest and most important piece seems to be the tremor rod so I've been looking into how to get/save up for a nice one including the crafting mechanics. I notice that yours has a higher required level and required attributes then the standard one documented online and also those up for trade and I was wondering how you had managed to achieve this? Is this just from increasing the item quality?? The increased int and dex are very nice on yours and I can see where that would really help for rolling the right colored sockets. Right now when I role mine with its high base strength stat I am getting 1+ useless red sockets every time. Thanks for posting such a cool build!
"
Vexra wrote:
I feel quite content with it, but you're right that hitting above 9k ES will be very hard without a shield (or stupidly expensive gear). Considering Saboteur I really think about dropping it, the potential damage with Assassin is just ridiculous.

Certainly seems that Assassin is stronger than Saboteur then, although going CI I guess is preference at the end of the day - I personally prefer hybrid + MoM :)

"
Hoggemeister wrote:
Thank you for the nice guide, I am getting more used to it after failing until I followed your advice not to face tank ;)
I don't know whether it came up in the thread but I started testing Firestorm for single target and found it more convincing than Bladefall so far. What do you think?

Edit: Also I just found out firsthand what you mean by "Porcupines offscreen"...ouch XD

Glad you are enjoying the build, and yeah I cannot state enough that this is not a facetank build :D As for Firestorm vs Bladefall, I think the only reason to use firestorm is for easier colouring of the tremor rod. Bladefall does a noticeable amount of extra damage when linked with poison, and also has the benefit of no elemental resistances. Having said that, firestorm is always a possibility if that's what you prefer!

"
Aznmentat wrote:
Hi! I'm incredibly new to the game and am trying to follow your build because it looks super awesome! The priciest and most important piece seems to be the tremor rod so I've been looking into how to get/save up for a nice one including the crafting mechanics. I notice that yours has a higher required level and required attributes then the standard one documented online and also those up for trade and I was wondering how you had managed to achieve this? Is this just from increasing the item quality?? The increased int and dex are very nice on yours and I can see where that would really help for rolling the right colored sockets. Right now when I role mine with its high base strength stat I am getting 1+ useless red sockets every time. Thanks for posting such a cool build!

Hey there and welcome to Path of Exile :) In terms of cost you will find you end up spending much more currency on the other pieces of your gear, not the tremor rod (this is usually about 1c). However you should get enough currency by the time you hit the end of merciless to get a basic gear overhaul to start maps (I usually start maps at about lvl 68 when I pick up mind over matter for extra defence).

The level requirement on my tremor rod is higher than you will see on the base item because of the gems socketed in it (and also the stat requirements). Items show the maximum of each stat and level required to equip it, including all socketed gems in that item. As for advice for getting the right colours - just use a 4 link at first and settle with the first 4 blue or 3 blue 1 green setup you get within the links. Later on when rolling colours on a 5 or 6 link, it would be best to use the '1 green socket' option from vorici. It may take some time but you will get it eventually :)

I hope you enjoy the game and have a look at developing your own builds when you are more accustomed to the game :)
I made a CI version of the build. At lv 76 my damage feels abysmal. 5262.4 avg. dmg. Seems really weak. I mean I'm at 10k es, which isn't bad at all. I suppose getting some more damage nodes is kind of a necessity. Here's the gear I'm rolling with right now, the 2nd ring will be replaced one day, and I am also running no belt 'til 79.

Spoiler

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info