[HC Assassin] 2.6 Arc Miner build - Fast Clear + Very Low Budget!

any news on what's the best single target skill?

currently running with a 5l bladefall-minefield-added chaos-poison-concentrated effect but i would rather like to not get in touch with bosses in higher tier maps.

you wrote you liked arctic breath the most out of ice spear, frost bolt and arctic breath. which support gems would you recommend then if i would wanna try it for myself?
Hi,

It should be public now. Please let me know what am i doing wrong if possible. I have unticked hide character tab so you should be able to see it now.

Thank you in advance
"
kozac wrote:
Hi,

It should be public now. Please let me know what am i doing wrong if possible. I have unticked hide character tab so you should be able to see it now.

Thank you in advance

Your character tab is still hidden. There's a bug with the privacy settings that makes it impossible to uncheck all the checkboxes. I noticed it when I tried to make my characters public. You need to hide another tab to be able to show your characters. I just hid the PVP tab as I've never done any PVP and I never will. :p
Done it this way should be fine now.
"
kozac wrote:
Done it this way should be fine now.

Thanks - works now.

You seem to have picked up damage quicker than I usually do so I was a little surprised you might be having trouble (although keep in mind the staff crit nodes & serpent stance are extremely efficient nodes). However then I saw you hadn't done cruel lab yet despite having all your power charges. This gives a huge boost to your damage (you get an additional 3.5% BASE crit chance, and near 50% crit multi when at full power charges. Get this done asap!

Once you have your labs in order (cruel is a huge boost, merc is a medium boost, and uber is quite a big boost) then you will see far better damage overall. Although to be honest with your current setup you should be fine in the majority of maps once you have deadly infusion from assassin. This build ramps in damage significantly between 80-90 :)

TL:DR - do your labs!

"
Emdra wrote:
any news on what's the best single target skill?

currently running with a 5l bladefall-minefield-added chaos-poison-concentrated effect but i would rather like to not get in touch with bosses in higher tier maps.

you wrote you liked arctic breath the most out of ice spear, frost bolt and arctic breath. which support gems would you recommend then if i would wanna try it for myself?

If you feel like bladefall is too risky (remember decoy totem is amazing for this), then yeah I would suggest arctic breath (AB - Cold Pen - Minefield - Elemental Focus - Conc. Effect/Trap and Mine) or frostbolt (Frostbolt - Trap & Mine - Minefield - Cold Pen - controlled destro/Trap and Mine).

Arctic breath gives chilling ground (even with elemental focus linked), and frost bolt gives the highest damage option - seems to be maybe 30-40% more than arctic breath.
"
(Frostbolt - Trap & Mine - Minefield - Cold Pen - controlled destro/Trap and Mine)

I think you made a little typo at your sixth link.

The problem i have with decoy totem and bladefall are those higher tier maps or uber izaro(is he supposed to ignore my totem?). I'n at t14 maps right now and got an t15 dark forest yesterday. My totem just doesn't last long enough to savely place my bladefall mines therefore i'd rather be more comfortable with an more range setup than going toe to toe with those higher tier bosses (some bosses are easy some aren't ofc). Dark forest for example was a real pain in the ass. Totem melted in like 2 seconds and the boss in general was pretty obnoxious.

Really like your build tho. It's my first miner and got myself to 92. There's still a lot to improve but i'm really digging it!
Finally succeeded in getting a perfect rod. 60/60 6-Link.
Going with arc, Trap/mine Damge, Minefield, lightning pen, controlled destruction and added chaos is hitting my mana really hard. 174 or something per mine.
As damage was no big issue before, i switched the added chaos Damage back for item rarity.

Damage with a 6L does skyrocket quite a bit though.
"
Emdra wrote:
"
(Frostbolt - Trap & Mine - Minefield - Cold Pen - controlled destro/Trap and Mine)

I think you made a little typo at your sixth link.

The problem i have with decoy totem and bladefall are those higher tier maps or uber izaro(is he supposed to ignore my totem?). I'n at t14 maps right now and got an t15 dark forest yesterday. My totem just doesn't last long enough to savely place my bladefall mines therefore i'd rather be more comfortable with an more range setup than going toe to toe with those higher tier bosses (some bosses are easy some aren't ofc). Dark forest for example was a real pain in the ass. Totem melted in like 2 seconds and the boss in general was pretty obnoxious.

Really like your build tho. It's my first miner and got myself to 92. There's still a lot to improve but i'm really digging it!

Thanks for pointing it out - 6th link could be any of Added Chaos, Elemental Focus or Crit Multi for frostbolt :)

As for Decoy Totem - it can be pretty annoying yeah, especially on bosses with high elemental damage :/ But for Izaro, he should obey the decoy totem quite well apart from when he has attacks queued currently targeting you - should only be the case as soon as he comes up and every now and again if the decoy totem is re-summoned at an awkward time :)

"
Necrol wrote:
Finally succeeded in getting a perfect rod. 60/60 6-Link.
Going with arc, Trap/mine Damge, Minefield, lightning pen, controlled destruction and added chaos is hitting my mana really hard. 174 or something per mine.
As damage was no big issue before, i switched the added chaos Damage back for item rarity.

Damage with a 6L does skyrocket quite a bit though.

Gratz on the 6l on a perfect tremor rod :D It would be a good time to remind people the importance of having mana and mana regen on your gear though! This is more important than extra energy shield in my opinion, and gives smooth gameplay, even in low regen maps with a good mana pot :)

But yeah with a 6l its very much a choice between going for the damage boost or just getting a bit more rarity :) Most of the time the additional damage is not needed for general clear.
What do you think about spending a few points to get the acrobatic cluster instead of a few crit/dmg nodes and switching to an evasion oriented gear and maybe also using a lighting coil brigadine with the purity of light. Aura? Wouldn't that be making you a quite more tankier?
"
Alan1996 wrote:
What do you think about spending a few points to get the acrobatic cluster instead of a few crit/dmg nodes and switching to an evasion oriented gear and maybe also using a lighting coil brigadine with the purity of light. Aura? Wouldn't that be making you a quite more tankier?

I had certainly considered going for acrobatics, but realistically it is too far away (8 points to get it all). This would involve dropping health and a power charge or up to 3 damage cluster. It is certainly possibly but I am not so sure this big a trade-off is worth it (would need to go EV-ES gear too remember for mana). Unfortunately the build is quite point starved as it is. It would make the build a little tankier sure, but for the trade off of maybe 1-1.5k effective health and a lot of damage.

You could always just use a lightning coil anyway if you wanted - no requirement on going acrobatics for that.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info