[3.4] The Mistress of Agony - Lowlife BlightDrain Ascendant / Occultist - ALL content viable!

"
lordchopf wrote:
The extra curse is huge for me, as is the interaction from Contagion/PBloom. This is gonna be a tough one to decide for me.

Thanks for the quick reply and the comparison!

From my personal experience, the extra curse is a tiny upgrade; the third one you add is Vulnerability from Witchfire brew, which becomes very bad in endgame content because of the 60%-80% LESS curse effect on endgame bosses (Atziri / Map bosses have 60% LESS, Guardians and Shaper have 80% LESS) and isn't even required while mapping because - with a good gear - you already oneshot packs with a single Contagion + ED combo.

I've played various iterations of ED and I must say that the third curse is good when your gear is poor, but it becomes nearly useless when you are properly equipped and face the hardest bosses of the game.
Last edited by djnat on Apr 7, 2017, 9:30:18 AM
Hi,

I just started your build and chose the life based version. mainly because i was having some of the recommended uniques for some time and wanted to utilize them...

But i have a question: You stated that CWC is now the best option, as you wrote in your gem explanation for the LL- Version. But you didnt write it in the life based explanation. Is there any reason the gem setups for the main skill have to be different from each other? Because i dont see any...can i use the CWC-Setup for the Life-Based version as well or is there some important point im missing?

Thx for the answer in advance :)
Yes, there is a solid reason.

The CwC setup CAN sacrifice two support gem slots for ED (specifically Empower and Rapid Decay) because it gains a straight 30% MORE damage from Pain Attunement (only usable when lowlife).

This is not advised to do in the life based version.

At the moment, the CwC lowlife Scion is superior when compared to the lifebased one... by a large margin I must say.

The reasons are mainly two.

1) By going lowlife you can mantain a fantastic damage output while having more survivability (10k+ ES vs 5.5-6K life + 1.5-2k ES). This is possible thanks to Energy from Within jewel plus Presence of Chayula amulet. The combination of these 2 unique items give about 2K extra ES.

2) The lowlife CwC iteration has ZERO mana issues in the endgame content and does NOT require a mana potion (exception made for no regen maps).
Last edited by djnat on Apr 11, 2017, 8:21:59 PM
Ahh thank you! Now i get it :)

Maybe I switch to low life some day (when i get a presence of chayula amulet and 6L-Shavs :D)
Wish you had some videos to give an Idea what dmg you can expect vs things like shaper compared to a standard ED Build. Concept seems great in theory though, nice idea :)

NVM found the Minotaur video, should probably add it in the guide :) Looks insane, gj!
Last edited by K1NG13LOOD on Apr 18, 2017, 4:22:41 AM
"
K1NG13LOOD wrote:
Wish you had some videos to give an Idea what dmg you can expect vs things like shaper compared to a standard ED Build. Concept seems great in theory though, nice idea :)

NVM found the Minotaur video, should probably add it in the guide :) Looks insane, gj!

You are right, I'll add the Minotaur video link to the main post of the guide.

Thanks for the kind words! :)
Hi, djnat. What about rings crafted with essence of envy ? it gives 30+ % increased chaos damage. That's kinda a lot (especially if both rings are crafted that way)

"
Manegroth wrote:
Hi, djnat. What about rings crafted with essence of envy ? it gives 30+ % increased chaos damage. That's kinda a lot (especially if both rings are crafted that way)

They are a VERY good option if you can overcap the resists without those 2 extra suffixes.

The problem is that - usually - envy crafted rings are very expensive if rolled in a "very good" way.
"
djnat wrote:
"
Manegroth wrote:

They are a VERY good option if you can overcap the resists without those 2 extra suffixes.

The problem is that - usually - envy crafted rings are very expensive if rolled in a "very good" way.

What do you mean by "rolled in a very good way" ?
Isn't there only one option of crafting it ? Like take a ilvl 84+ ring with top base stats and use a essence on it. The essence costs 10 chaoses. Isn't that much, but you'll probably need more of those to get a decent ring.

I dont think you can craft an item, and then seal some good T1 suffixes / affixes with a master Meta-mod like Cannot reroll suffixes and then apply the essence. It functions as chaos orb, isn't it ?
----> Trading List <----

Look at this list.

The only rings which I consider "usable" with the Envy craft are the last two.

That's why on such rings you need:

- Chaos damage % (suffix, rolled by the Essence)
- T1-T2 Resistances (those should cover the remaining two suffixes)
- 30+ Flat ES
- A free prefix to craft ES% with Elreon

As you can see from poe.trade, there are only two rings with those characteristics, Torment Gyre and Skull Turn. They cost 3.5 and 5 exalted orbs respectively. They cannot be considered "cheap" or easy to get, but if you want to perfect your character they are an option for sure.

Crafting a gg ring is not that simple, in the past league I slammed like 40 essences of envy on a ilvl 84 Two-Stone ring and I didnt get a single decent roll, sadly.
Last edited by djnat on Apr 19, 2017, 7:20:08 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info