[3.4] The Mistress of Agony - Lowlife BlightDrain Ascendant / Occultist - ALL content viable!

"
Raazen wrote:
Uber elder down after 2 bricked sets(no bricks if you count the curse/purity of ice change).
This one is a toughy.

My take on the build.
PoB:https://pastebin.com/GHHZGumE
Panth: Solaris, Tukohama

I dont really see the point of getting another curse through the tree so removed those nodes and went for more damage, since damage is what this build lacks.

Never thought i was going to get to kill Uber Elder with an essence drain build, so thank you for this guide :)

Would you have any tips on how you got so far? I'm currently doing this build but having a few issues here and there; I'd really like to know how you managed it! Thought processes or whatever. Basically I'd love to know HOW you even did it haha
First, I love the game play of this build. The problem is, I'm 58 and getting one shot if I get surrounded or take a big hit from elemental damage. I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong, but I'm basically at a stand still with this build.

Any advice would be welcome.
"
shadowseve wrote:
First, I love the game play of this build. The problem is, I'm 58 and getting one shot if I get surrounded or take a big hit from elemental damage. I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong, but I'm basically at a stand still with this build.

Any advice would be welcome.

Hello, and sorry for the late reply (I am not playing the current league).

Can you post your current gear here, so I can evaluate if there are "easy" upgrades you can get?
"

Can you post your current gear here, so I can evaluate if there are "easy" upgrades you can get?

I made it to 71 but I'm having problems mapping. I can do tier 4 (BLue) with no issues, but if I go any higher I start dying.

Here is my build so far. Not sure if I could move anything around to make her less squishy.

https://www.pathofexile.com/fullscreen-passive-skill-tree/AAAABAABAAMEDXwOSA-rES8RlhNtFAkWvxmKGnoajx2qIvQkiyaIKwotqDQKRnFJE0lRSbFKyFxAXfJiWmqMbAttbHC7dZ52gnvDe9d_xoLkgwmExYfLieCKr4_6kBGTH5MnlwabtaEvotmmMqebsNixW7GQtAy00bVItzC31r6Avoq-vMHFwzrEosgMyBTK088V18_ZE9tZ35jhiOKt5ljquutj7BjviPDV9W_22vk3-wn-SQ==?accountName=shadowseve&characterName=AmeliaDarkHeart

"
shadowseve wrote:
"

I made it to 71 but I'm having problems mapping. I can do tier 4 (BLue) with no issues, but if I go any higher I start dying.

Here is my build so far. Not sure if I could move anything around to make her less squishy.

https://www.pathofexile.com/fullscreen-passive-skill-tree/AAAABAABAAMEDXwOSA-rES8RlhNtFAkWvxmKGnoajx2qIvQkiyaIKwotqDQKRnFJE0lRSbFKyFxAXfJiWmqMbAttbHC7dZ52gnvDe9d_xoLkgwmExYfLieCKr4_6kBGTH5MnlwabtaEvotmmMqebsNixW7GQtAy00bVItzC31r6Avoq-vMHFwzrEosgMyBTK088V18_ZE9tZ35jhiOKt5ljquutj7BjviPDV9W_22vk3-wn-SQ==?accountName=shadowseve&characterName=AmeliaDarkHeart

I know i'm one month late. Love ED Trickster, maybe i'll give this a try.

You need to put ED in 6-link until you got your Hungry loop setup.
You need Zealot's Oath for ED to regenerate your shield and not your life.
Because of 3link ED you don't have a movement skill which is mandatory for your survival and clear speed.
You have 3 curses but can only apply one at a time without Whispers of Doom node.
Until uber lab you should pick nodes on the left side of the tree including Zealot's oath and after Path of the Witch just respec two nodes (red circle)
I don't know what's better but i'd have swapped LL shield setup for Spell totem+Wither+Faster casting, changed gloves for Allelopathy with Swift affliction+Void manipulation+Efficacy+Controlled destruction/Flesh offering for single target until Hungry loop once again.

Spoiler

I may be wrong in something cause of lack of experience.
Last edited by whood on Nov 26, 2018, 7:53:22 AM
"
I know i'm one month late. Love ED Trickster, maybe i'll give this a try.

You need to put ED in 6-link until you got your Hungry loop setup.
You need Zealot's Oath for ED to regenerate your shield and not your life.
Because of 3link ED you don't have a movement skill which is mandatory for your survival and clear speed.
You have 3 curses but can only apply one at a time without Whispers of Doom node.
Until uber lab you should pick nodes on the left side of the tree including Zealot's oath and after Path of the Witch just respec two nodes (red circle)
I don't know what's better but i'd have swapped LL shield setup for Spell totem+Wither+Faster casting, changed gloves for Allelopathy with Swift affliction+Void manipulation+Efficacy+Controlled destruction/Flesh offering for single target until Hungry loop once again.

That's ok. I've not been able to play in about a month since my motherboard fried. It may be another month before I can get on lol. I'll try what you said when I'm able to play again.

Thanks.
From the Arctic Breath Rework:

"
To let you further invest in Cold Damage Over Time, we've added a new kind of stat, Cold Damage over Time Multiplier. This can be found on new weapon, jewel and shaper mods on items, and on Cold clusters on the passive tree, as well as new notables on the Occultist. This multiplies all of your Cold Damage over Time, giving you another axis of investment. This will help the damage of this build compete with the damage growth of other hit or ailment based skills. All sources of Cold Damage over Time Multiplier add together, then multiply the cold damage over time you deal.

We're also giving Chaos Damage over Time the same treatment, adding non-ailment Chaos Damage over Time Multiplier to items, passives and the Occultist.

Sounds like some much needed love for our beloved ED/Contagion.

I'm a bit sad that the Occultist is mentioned, but not the Trickster (my own personal favourite).

Of course it's early days with no details whatsoever available. Will it be enough to be viable in Incursions and Delve?
We have to see the real numbers to say if the passive tree / unique changes are enough to bring ED / Contagion / Blight on a greater power level, since they are in a really bad state in the current iteration of PoE.

We will probably benefit from extra flat ES from the tree and from chaos damage multiplier new stat found in the tree, items and Occu ascendancy.

Question : Would it be worth using Apep's Supremacy just purely for the nice faster start of energy shield recharge? Or just stick with the good old spell damage + as much ES as possible shield?

Thanks in advance to whomever can advise. :-)
This game is an illusion, exile.
"
djnat wrote:
We have to see the real numbers to say if the passive tree / unique changes are enough to bring ED / Contagion / Blight on a greater power level, since they are in a really bad state in the current iteration of PoE.

We will probably benefit from extra flat ES from the tree and from chaos damage multiplier new stat found in the tree, items and Occu ascendancy.

The new Occultist Withering Presence and the new chaos DOT multiplier sound pretty cool on paper. Looking forward to playing the Witch version of this build next league.

Based on what I can find on the skill tree there's a total of 77% to Non-Ailment Chaos Damage over Time Multiplier (52% for Scion). I read that this new stat works by adding all the different sources up and then applying it like a single "more" modifier. 77% more Non-Ailment Chaos Damage over Time doesn't sound too bad IMO, at least on paper.
Last edited by Cheltaran13 on Dec 5, 2018, 9:58:45 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info