[3.4] The Mistress of Agony - Lowlife BlightDrain Ascendant / Occultist - ALL content viable!

Hi Nat.
After notice that Heretic's Veil get nerfed im thinking about replecing enlighten with empower. Do u think that this change is worth the effort?
Of cours im talking about life based build i cant affort to buy shavron XD
Last edited by Nazaara on Mar 29, 2017, 2:03:24 AM
"
Nazaara wrote:
Hi Nat.
After notice that Heretic's Veil get nerfed im thinking about replecing enlighten with empower. Do u think that this change is worth the effort?
Of cours im talking about life based build i cant affort to buy shavron XD

You can go for Witchfire Brew flask instead of using Heretic's Veil, so you have only 2 curses on Blasphemy and you can link them to Enhance Support (and not Empower, which has really poor effect on our curses) to boost Temp Chains and Enfeeble significantly. You would in that case use an evasion / ES rare helmet with life / extra es% / eventual resistances if needed, or The Vertex. The "new" head setup in that case would be Blasphemy / Temp Chains / Enfeeble / Enhance.
Obviously Vulnerability in that case would be on the flask, so you wouldn't have to use its gem slot anymore.

Last edited by djnat on Mar 29, 2017, 6:40:46 AM
Hey, just leveled the build to around 70 and all I have to say is that I'm loving it. I'm very surprised on how smooth it is compared to the other ED builds. I have a couple questions though:

1. Why are we leveling Wither to 20? It only increased the AOE by a tiny bit, and it costs much more mana (puts a strain on my mana regen)
2. For the gem sockets section in the build for the low life version, I noticed that unlike the life version where Empower lvl 4 can be inserted instead of Slower projectiles, you don't mention it. Is there some reason why a ll build would prefer slower proj instead of an empower? Or is it preferred for both builds?

Thanks again
"
Yell0wWaffle wrote:
Hey, just leveled the build to around 70 and all I have to say is that I'm loving it. I'm very surprised on how smooth it is compared to the other ED builds. I have a couple questions though:

1. Why are we leveling Wither to 20? It only increased the AOE by a tiny bit, and it costs much more mana (puts a strain on my mana regen)
2. For the gem sockets section in the build for the low life version, I noticed that unlike the life version where Empower lvl 4 can be inserted instead of Slower projectiles, you don't mention it. Is there some reason why a ll build would prefer slower proj instead of an empower? Or is it preferred for both builds?

Thanks again

1. The AoE increase on Wither is a pretty solid upgrade especially when farming breaches / Poorjoy's Asylum / all maps with severe damage penalties where we may actually need some wither spamming on mob packs to make things die faster. Usually a mana regen affix on gear (I have one on the dagger) and a mid level clarity make up for the mana regeneration requirements.

2. We want to support ED with gems which do NOT support Wither. So Empower is out of the game. The farther increase in Wither's mana multiplier would cause REAL mana issues. Plus, since the CWC iteration focuses a lot on single target output, we want support gems which double dip on ED's poison damage. And the 3 best supports which double dip are Controlled Destruction, Void Manipulation and Slower Projectiles, for pure damage multiplier values. Pierce would be another possible solution, but its damage multiplier is worse than the others.
Last edited by djnat on Mar 29, 2017, 6:45:37 PM
"
2. We want to support ED with gems which do NOT support Wither. So Empower is out of the game. The farther increase in Wither's mana multiplier would cause REAL mana issues. Plus, since the CWC iteration focuses a lot on single target output, we want support gems which double dip on ED's poison damage. And the 3 best supports which double dip are Controlled Destruction, Void Manipulation and Slower Projectiles, for pure damage multiplier values. Pierce would be another possible solution, but its damage multiplier is worse than the others.

Oh that's right I COMPLETELY forgot about it being linked to Wither. My bad, thanks for answering my questions!

I don't have enough life to use both blood magic'd haste and clarity, am i missing something?
"
Deathsphere22 wrote:
I don't have enough life to use both blood magic'd haste and clarity, am i missing something?

Run haste at max level and slowly level up your clarity gem until you don't have anymore life to reserve. If you look at Nat's gear for last league his clarity was only level 12.
You could also calculate how much life you need / the max level of Clarity.

https://poe.mikelat.com/#tCrU8s/dd2c.q
This is set to 20% reduced reservation (from the 4 nodes in the tree) a lvl 20 blood magic (each level reduces the manamultiplier) Haste and a lvl 12 Clarity. For that to work you will need at least 1334 life, so you have 1 life left.
Gone through some upgrades and am now sitting at 32k dot dps without flasks.

All my jewels have damage over time + spell damage while dual wielding + spell damage.
Is there anything else I can do to push my dps out even higher?
I mean, most maps are a breeze and bosses are downed relatively fast but more damage is always fun :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info