GhazzyTV - Essence Drain & Contagion (or Bane/Soulrend) Trickster [SC/HC/Uber Elder/Shaper]

"
Justforcause wrote:
Hey all. Just thinking would 2xBreath of the Council make sense? Or is it better to have one and
Rathpith Globe Titanium Spirit Shield? What i am trying to achieve is more DPSSS.

Also I have currently equipped Tabula with pierce as the 6th link. Should I switch to poison support? (Dont have currency for empower+3). Must admit that the pierce feels good while mapping.

2x Breath, tried it just now, it is not worth it imho. You get an extra second on ED and a fraction on totem skill duration, be it wither or blight. The damage increase is negligible from a second Breath.

Poison sounds like a solid choice if lacking the recommended empower.

As for piercing, I highly recommend the https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Voidwalker boots.

"
Hey Ghazzy, I am playing this and really enjoying it. I just can not figure out why you have immortal call on it.

I do not have endurance charges for it to use up.

You slot in Increased Duration, bringing the duration up to cover continuous damage from porcupines and chained skills, as well as covering small damage after taking a savage hit from a boss to have just that much extra time to activate your instant heal potions.

This is a standard setup for nearly every character I run, and I only play SC. A constant life-saver.
Last edited by DaergarE on Aug 17, 2017, 1:48:33 AM
Hey
I dont know how to link stuff here but heres my current gear:
https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/Yethike/characters
I spent like 100-200C on this gear yeah I lucked out the 6link.

What should i improve ? A rare belt would be better? I have 4,3k hp and 3,2k unreserved mana. I dont use clarity just enfeeble.
Last edited by Yethike on Aug 17, 2017, 4:42:52 AM
"
Crippl3 wrote:
Did a little reading in this thread, and I'm confused.
Do Chaos Damage increases on the tree and gear scale up the DoT on ED and Contagion, or don't they?

Yes, it scales the damage of ED :)

"
azaanis wrote:
I spent around 100c already on this build and I'm pretty happy with the results :]
Just did rare T13 map and uber lab without the slightest problem and it was also pretty quick, the only thing I dislike is the Blight totem, it dies pretty fast.
Anyway, here's my current gear, if you guys have advices or tips what I could change (except Goldrim, I know xD) and what flasks should I use because I'm pretty new to the game, then let me know here.
Spoiler

Hey,

Looks very solid to me, glad you like it bro!

"
thiefz99 wrote:
Hey guys, bit late but I'm trying to get this guy up and running to map and complete the challenges. Finding my boss DPS a bit low and not sure if I can attempt uber lab yet.

I'm not sure how to link my gear but my profile should be public, character name is FiddlerTG.
(https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/thiefz99/characters)

I need to know what order to upgrade based on my current gear and what I should be looking to buy when upgrading.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,

TGToland

Hey,

Allelopathy gloves will be rather huge ugrade for you, specifically for single target. After that I would look into getting a high spell dmg rare wep or Breath of the Council as many others have shown their gear in the previous comments having no issues :)

"
volosi_nazad wrote:
Hey guys, started to play PoE few days ago.
Now trying this build on HHC league.
Can you post some requirments for 4-10 act bosses and labyrinths? (I mean when i can go there safe)
Or maybe some hardcore tips for this build. For example, should i use Decoy totem on HC or this build safe without?
Thanks.

Decoy Totem is never a bad thing for most hardcore builds, though you will lose the availability to get extra dmg vs harder enemies/bosses due to Wither Totem.

General recommendation in hardcore is to overlvl the areas if you don't feel comfortable with the enemy mechanics or have never been in the area before.

The biggest problem is the lengthy act 10 Kitava fight tbh, I would recommend going in there earliest at lvl 68+ and make sure you have like 4k+ life imo.

"
So ive followed the guide, somewhat loosely.

One thing ive done that may be stupid is decided to link ED to chain support. I dont notice any damage reduction (its just hit damage nerf right?) and its super fun and adds better QOL than pierce would. Its super helpful on bosses that spawn slow dying adds like in lab because the ED will paint so many mobs at a time, i dont need to aim towards the boss and hit it with a super slow projectile which helps bosses that move a lot. I simply cont paint then launch a few ED in the general direction of the boss while dodging stuff and it works.

My problems, which are minor include:

I have an awful weapon but because the build works so well it doesnt matter but this still triggers me, i feel like there is no good weapon choice other than a unique ill never aquire. Think im rolling a lv30 scepter with a good spell damage roll.

Ive found a total lack of interest in getting anything more than a 4 link, everything works well im act8 lv66 (farming is too easy im soooo over leveled)

Movement speed is my biggest gripe, i just cant seem to get moving quickly, granted i can endlessly spam shield charge.

Stats are becoming my issue, specifically dex.

I have too much HP/Mana and feel like a god, i like to round up a screen full of enemies on maps that will allow and drop them all, which is slow but so damn satisfying. Currency is piling up, but i feel its pointless to spend it on gear because what im using is still so effective 30 some levels later.

My gear looks like a hodgepodge set up of incomplete links and "this will do for now" but the problem is its been "this will do for now" statement hasnt worn off, will probably change for act10 kitva and maps but its a wierd feeling to go this long without a need for upgrades or even fully linking.

Ive found that contagion is more than a side dish, i have decent chaos damage and spell damage mods, even putting a passive gem in with the chaos damage mod from the quest reward. Sometimes my ED doesn't make it to the enemy pack before cont drops them on its own. Ive added increased duration, trash mobs that are left over i just cont them and ignore they die. even rares on the other side of obstacles i can kill with one cont.

I put wither on a totem with faster casting, i dislike CWDT for this build (all builds??) and im going to ditch it.

Absolutely fantastic build for starting a league!

Any thoughts on chain support with ED?

Hey,

Thank you!

Seems as your problems are way too hard for me to handle ;) ;)

Regarding the Chain Support, ED only benefits properly from a 5L, the 6th link can be a Poison support to help single target bosses or hard enemies to spread the debuff via contagion, however, for QoL purposes like "nearby allies can not die" or messy add filled boss fights you can use anything from LMP/GMP/Pierce/Chain.

"
DrEfreet wrote:
How are you using max levels gems with only 83 Dexterity? Most of the gems required at least 111 Dex? Or did you get Dex from amulet/ring?

Rings/Amulet and worst case scenario, get +30 dex from the tree as well.

"
EzBreesy wrote:
What about using a +3 staff instead of shield +wand ??

Higher dmg but MUCH slower clear speed due to lack of proper mobility spell.

"
kazafz wrote:
Hey guys, how much DPS should I aim for with this build in the late game for Atziri?

Is this build viable for Guardians/high tier map farming too?

Thanks!

Shouldn't have any problems at all, no.
How much DPS I don't actually have the numbers anymore since they buffed both ED & Contagion A LOT. Though keep in mind that this build killed Uber Atziri before these buffs.

"
Hey Ghazzy, I am playing this and really enjoying it. I just can not figure out why you have immortal call on it.

I do not have endurance charges for it to use up.

Hey,

Awesome to hear!
That is a common misconception about Immortal Call, the base duration without Endurance Charges is around 0.4 seconds which is more than enough to keep you safe from Bone Husks & Porcupine explosions which is the reason we use it. Well, that and the fact that connecting instagibbing hits are voided by it as well.

"
Yethike wrote:
Hey
I dont know how to link stuff here but heres my current gear:
I spent like 100-200C on this gear yeah I lucked out the 6link.

What should i improve ? A rare belt would be better? I have 4,3k hp and 3,2k unreserved mana. I dont use clarity just enfeeble.

Hey,

Make your profile public so I can check and I will gladly check what you could upgrade :)
The numbers sounds solid, bit low on the Life side i guess but that depends on gearing and your current lvl.
Guides: https://www.poe-vault.com/guides/ghazzy-guide-hub
YT: https://www.youtube.com/GhazzyTV
Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/ghazzytv
Hi Ghazzy, great guide. I played this as a starter build but I keep upgrading it, killed Shaper twice yesterday for the first time ! Even dropped a flask ahah :)

My gear :

EDIT : And vulnerability + blight gloves really give a huge DPS boost in single-target. Don't have numbers but it feels really good.
Last edited by krnyyy on Aug 17, 2017, 5:48:06 AM
"
krnyyy wrote:
Hi Ghazzy, great guide. I played this as a starter build but I keep upgrading it, killed Shaper twice yesterday for the first time ! Even dropped a flask ahah :)

EDIT : And vulnerability + blight gloves really give a huge DPS boost in single-target. Don't have numbers but it feels really good.

Was casually browsing trought your gear and noticed you have inc duration also set to lvl 1 in your cwdt setup. You can level that gem to 20 and it still works with cwdt.
"
"

Hey,

Make your profile public so I can check and I will gladly check what you could upgrade :)
The numbers sounds solid, bit low on the Life side i guess but that depends on gearing and your current lvl.

I did it:
Last edited by Yethike on Aug 17, 2017, 6:54:32 AM
Hey guys, just to make thing clear, are we using Immortal call only for base time? Cause i cant see way to get endurance charges.
May I know why quite a few have mentioned taking Method to the Madness, but no one has mentioned about the spell damage nodes at the witch starting area?

To get to Method to the Madness, you need to waste points on the stat nodes that connect to the cluster, and you get 54% chaos damage for 7 points (~7.7% chaos damage per point). However if you take the spell damage nodes instead, you get 58% spell damage for 5 points (~11.6% spell damage per point).

So isn't going the spell damage route better? Since I believe spell damage and chaos damage both scale ED's DOT equally as much.
"
krnyyy wrote:

My gear :

Congrats on those kills! How much DPS are you achieving currently? Do you happen to have a Path of Building pastebin link that you can share too? :) thanks
So, the Allelopathy gloves that grant level 22 blight skill. Does that cast for you or no? I just noticed it added it to my skill bar. Have I not been using it all this time lol.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info