GhazzyTV - Essence Drain & Contagion (or Bane/Soulrend) Trickster [SC/HC/Uber Elder/Shaper]

"
thiefz99 wrote:
Hey guys, bit late but I'm trying to get this guy up and running to map and complete the challenges. Finding my boss DPS a bit low and not sure if I can attempt uber lab yet.

I'm not sure how to link my gear but my profile should be public, character name is FiddlerTG.
(https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/thiefz99/characters)

I need to know what order to upgrade based on my current gear and what I should be looking to buy when upgrading.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,

TGToland

Shouldn't your arcane surge support be much much lower level? Don't you want arcane surge to trigger off of just one contagion cast so that you can go contagion -> get arcane surge -> essence drain?
Hey guys, started to play PoE few days ago.
Now trying this build on HHC league.
Can you post some requirments for 4-10 act bosses and labyrinths? (I mean when i can go there safe)
Or maybe some hardcore tips for this build. For example, should i use Decoy totem on HC or this build safe without?
Thanks.
Last edited by _vnz on Aug 16, 2017, 11:18:07 AM
So ive followed the guide, somewhat loosely.

One thing ive done that may be stupid is decided to link ED to chain support. I dont notice any damage reduction (its just hit damage nerf right?) and its super fun and adds better QOL than pierce would. Its super helpful on bosses that spawn slow dying adds like in lab because the ED will paint so many mobs at a time, i dont need to aim towards the boss and hit it with a super slow projectile which helps bosses that move a lot. I simply cont paint then launch a few ED in the general direction of the boss while dodging stuff and it works.

My problems, which are minor include:

I have an awful weapon but because the build works so well it doesnt matter but this still triggers me, i feel like there is no good weapon choice other than a unique ill never aquire. Think im rolling a lv30 scepter with a good spell damage roll.

Ive found a total lack of interest in getting anything more than a 4 link, everything works well im act8 lv66 (farming is too easy im soooo over leveled)

Movement speed is my biggest gripe, i just cant seem to get moving quickly, granted i can endlessly spam shield charge.

Stats are becoming my issue, specifically dex.

I have too much HP/Mana and feel like a god, i like to round up a screen full of enemies on maps that will allow and drop them all, which is slow but so damn satisfying. Currency is piling up, but i feel its pointless to spend it on gear because what im using is still so effective 30 some levels later.

My gear looks like a hodgepodge set up of incomplete links and "this will do for now" but the problem is its been "this will do for now" statement hasnt worn off, will probably change for act10 kitva and maps but its a wierd feeling to go this long without a need for upgrades or even fully linking.

Ive found that contagion is more than a side dish, i have decent chaos damage and spell damage mods, even putting a passive gem in with the chaos damage mod from the quest reward. Sometimes my ED doesn't make it to the enemy pack before cont drops them on its own. Ive added increased duration, trash mobs that are left over i just cont them and ignore they die. even rares on the other side of obstacles i can kill with one cont.

I put wither on a totem with faster casting, i dislike CWDT for this build (all builds??) and im going to ditch it.

Absolutely fantastic build for starting a league!

Any thoughts on chain support with ED?
just for try, for see and for know
"
bridgeburner wrote:
"
ziumbala wrote:
When it comes to 6L what's the better 6th slot skill? Poison or Decay? You told people to use poison, but I'm not sure, cause we don't take any poison passive points, just chaos overall. Is it enough?

Poison is chaos damage, so it scales from our chaos damage nodes + damage over time nodes.

But decay is the same effect as that one that may be crafted in the dagger. Is Poison really better?
"
carthage wrote:
"
thiefz99 wrote:
Hey guys, bit late but I'm trying to get this guy up and running to map and complete the challenges. Finding my boss DPS a bit low and not sure if I can attempt uber lab yet.

I'm not sure how to link my gear but my profile should be public, character name is FiddlerTG.

I need to know what order to upgrade based on my current gear and what I should be looking to buy when upgrading.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,

TGToland

Shouldn't your arcane surge support be much much lower level? Don't you want arcane surge to trigger off of just one contagion cast so that you can go contagion -> get arcane surge -> essence drain?

Christ, can't believe that I missed that. Do you think I should change my boots from what I have to a rare set with res so that I can use the alleopathy gloves with blight to improve my ST?

Also, is it worth getting a decay dagger or just skip straight to breath when I can afford it?
"
thiefz99 wrote:
"
carthage wrote:
"
thiefz99 wrote:

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,

TGToland

Christ, can't believe that I missed that. Do you think I should change my boots from what I have to a rare set with res so that I can use the alleopathy gloves with blight to improve my ST?

Also, is it worth getting a decay dagger or just skip straight to breath when I can afford it?

On poe.trade it looks like an essence of delirium and breath of the council have very similar trade values, so I would just go straight to breath.

Can't comment on blight use, haven't tried it, I'm playing SSF for now.
How are you using max levels gems with only 83 Dexterity? Most of the gems required at least 111 Dex? Or did you get Dex from amulet/ring?
What about using a +3 staff instead of shield +wand ??
Hey guys, how much DPS should I aim for with this build in the late game for Atziri?

Is this build viable for Guardians/high tier map farming too?

Thanks!
Hey Ghazzy, I am playing this and really enjoying it. I just can not figure out why you have immortal call on it.

I do not have endurance charges for it to use up.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info