GhazzyTV - Essence Drain & Contagion (or Bane/Soulrend) Trickster [SC/HC/Uber Elder/Shaper]

"
Optio82 wrote:
"
DrPriapism wrote:
Just switched from ED Contagion to Soulrend Bane and good lord this launches it way ahead (just about 450k dot dps, can push 500k once done). Still adjusting to the loss of Contagion auto spreading but fuck man this build feels insane. Basically copied psyonix's setup (thanks)..just need to farm some lab enchants and finish leveling gems.

Just curious -- what is the great improvement or great upside to Soulrend Bane vs. "normal" ED & Contagion

More burst damage? Smoother play style?

Just wondering, thanks

To be fair alot of my excitement was compared to a very basic ed contagion while still using 10-20c spell dmg+chaos multi wands and tabula/goldrim. Granted it took me very far, but finally switching over to the gem scaling with the bow and dual cursing made it feel so much smoother.

I guess in terms of clear speed ed contagion is faster, but soulrend melts bosses much quicker..and in the end I plan on farming uber elder for some watcher eye profits. And the flexibility of being able to switch between the 2 setups if I feel like farming legion content is seamless.
I've reached all my goals for this build so I figured I'd share. This is my high level content version of the ED Trickster. At lvl 94 I have 5800 health and 2k ES, 65% evade, 42% spell dodge and 1.5M Shaper dps. Here's the pob: https://pastebin.com/F1ZPqCcE

Here's my gear:

I run two six-links, ED and Vaal Blight, along with 2 curses (Despair and Enfeeble), Aspect of the Spider, and Malevolence for 100% mana reservation. Contagion gets an AoE bump from the glove prefix so one-shotting legions is pretty easy. I've also done Uber Elder a dozen time deathless and am farming T15/16 maps with a sub 4 minute average time.

There's a few places I think the build could be even further min/maxed, like adding chaos % damage to the rings and belt, or getting something fun on the quiver (movement speed or increased AoE). And a double Malevolence WE with NaCDoT and life/ES rate would be really nice but super expensive. Same thing with getting 21/20 on all ED support gems or jewels with two damage mods and life. Each of the damage improvements I mentioned are between 10-25k dps, so if you did them all the total dps could go up another 100-200k.

Let me know what you think!
Last edited by kevinbrightblade on Jul 12, 2019, 2:12:13 PM
Hey guys, currently running this build and i got to 550k effective dps

Here's the pob: https://pastebin.com/hADug9a7

Any suggestions at all? I can't seem to pop the rares legion mobs

Tyvm
Last edited by AlaCuPulpaMARE on Jul 12, 2019, 2:27:05 PM
Great guide. At the moment I'm using the restless ward carnal armour, I've tried the others in the guide but all seem to give less overall stats. Is there a reason why restless ward isn't recommended/ am I missing something? I'm looking to 6 link a set of armour and hoping not to needlessly gimp my setup.
Dear Ghazzy,

thank you for this great guide.

how should i change my sockets/gems if i decided to go with Devouring Helm ? am having some trouble with it and appreciate the support.
Pretty noob here and working on this guide. I’ve gotten to map tier 7-8 and am starting to struggle. I’ve got about 70-80 CO banked and am not sure where I should be spending it to upgrade. My armor is an evasion based 5 link that I crafted on the cheap. I have a queen of the forest but don’t think I can afford to color and link it all up. Resistances are maxed out. I have about 3.8k hp and 1.2 Ed with mom and eb. Seems like I can kill things ok enough with Ed and contagion but bosses and the legion toughies are getting difficult.

Suggestions?
"
Haleray wrote:
Pretty noob here and working on this guide. I’ve gotten to map tier 7-8 and am starting to struggle. I’ve got about 70-80 CO banked and am not sure where I should be spending it to upgrade. My armor is an evasion based 5 link that I crafted on the cheap. I have a queen of the forest but don’t think I can afford to color and link it all up. Resistances are maxed out. I have about 3.8k hp and 1.2 Ed with mom and eb. Seems like I can kill things ok enough with Ed and contagion but bosses and the legion toughies are getting difficult.

Suggestions?

Sorry, this is me. Wrong profile logged in when I posted.
"
AnalAdventure wrote:
Great guide. At the moment I'm using the restless ward carnal armour, I've tried the others in the guide but all seem to give less overall stats. Is there a reason why restless ward isn't recommended/ am I missing something? I'm looking to 6 link a set of armour and hoping not to needlessly gimp my setup.

Aside from the raw ES/EV, the other stats it gives are useless
"
Oldsterman wrote:
"
Haleray wrote:

Suggestions?

Sorry, this is me. Wrong profile logged in when I posted.

you should get more life on your gear if you are struggling to stay up. Helm, chest, ring and amulet have none. other items have too low amounts. also set up a Cast when damage taken and immortal call link to help with survival.
I see a lot of people talking about dual curses and using Bane again. I'm using ED/cont with a self-cast Blight on a 5L (in a 5L perfect form). I'm wondering whether it would be better (or an improvement) to go back to allelopathy gloves for the blight totems and grab the 2nd curse wheel to put bane back in with temp chains and despair.

Thoughts?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info