GhazzyTV - Essence Drain & Contagion (or Bane/Soulrend) Trickster [SC/HC/Uber Elder/Shaper]

I am using the diadem with dread banner discipline malevolence and flesh and stone.Does this make any werid interaction with MoM ? Does ES still protect my mana even though i have 0?
Hey,

I got a 6 link short bow from the porcupine cards. Actually i spend 1000 alt, and i didnt even get a single +1 socketed gems. I got only the + bow gems. Ist even possible to get a single +1 with this bow?
Help! An abundance of riches. So I've just multi-crafted my bow:

And here's the rest of my gear:

So the plan was to buy a quiver, switch to the bow and have 750k shaper dps. But the thought of doing two three-gem setups in my armor makes me die inside. What would be a six link that's worth it? Going from a 5link to 6link on blight hardly seems worth the effort (20k to 50k dps according to PoB). A 6link contagion is a waste according to PoB since it doesn't do enough dps to matter.

Also, in general, the plan was to:
1. run two curses (enfeeble and despair) with devouring diadem instead of Flesh and Stone (since I can switch the passives from Arcane Swiftness to Whispers of Doom).
2. add aspect of the spider to the quiver or amulet
3. swap boots for atziri's step once I have the resists covered
4. buy a WE with the malevolence NACDOT multiplier

The only thing I can come up with at the moment is to do the 6link blight in the chest, drop CWDT + Steelskin along with Allelopathy and run rare gloves with Contagion + Increased AoE + Intensify + Arctic Armour. There has to be a better way though. The dps gain from a 6l blight isn't awesome, and losing CWDT + Steelskin hurts.
Last edited by kevinbrightblade on Jun 17, 2019, 7:05:35 PM
"
Ghazzy wrote:
Since it wasn't clear enough in the guide I've updated the links for Contagion as I like to use Spell Cascade in the early lvls and later switch to Intensify when it becomes available.

Cascade doesn't "cascade" when it's triggered of the mobs which makes it useless later on but it's a nice QoL to hit more enemies early lvls imo.

Good to see you on here Ghazzy, I noticed quite a few new players are just slapping MOM/ED on with very little to no gears to support it, and a few even take Acrobatics on top of it.

Perhaps you can highlight in the beginning of the guide when to take it and what to do before then. Yes, I am aware you have a section on it but it seems people either are not reading it or are not understanding it.
"
WingsOfDomain wrote:
Current character.
Any advice on gear upgrades?

I'd really like to get Atziri's step, but getting 4B links would blow my budget.

Look up the Vorici recipe and use the 3>4 socket recipe to get the colors you need. I did a single "2 blue socket" craft then added/removed the 3rd til I got blue, then added/removed the 4th until I got another blue. It'll be cheaper and more reliable than trying to random off-color 4 slots. If you have the 3B socket color recipe it should be even easier, but potentially more expensive if you're unlucky.

I think I used about 100 jewelers to get mine, and all of that was from collecting 6 socket gear to vendor. Much cheaper than spending hundreds of chromes trying to off color 4 slots.
Last edited by kamintar on Jun 17, 2019, 8:27:54 PM
"
IchiMorghulis wrote:
"
Ghazzy wrote:
Since it wasn't clear enough in the guide I've updated the links for Contagion as I like to use Spell Cascade in the early lvls and later switch to Intensify when it becomes available.

Cascade doesn't "cascade" when it's triggered of the mobs which makes it useless later on but it's a nice QoL to hit more enemies early lvls imo.

Good to see you on here Ghazzy, I noticed quite a few new players are just slapping MOM/ED on with very little to no gears to support it, and a few even take Acrobatics on top of it.

Perhaps you can highlight in the beginning of the guide when to take it and what to do before then. Yes, I am aware you have a section on it but it seems people either are not reading it or are not understanding it.

To be fair, and rather blunt...
It's in the guide, I can't really make it easier to understand. I'm capped on how many words we are allowed to type in the thread and it's almost maxed out. I had to cut down on some aspects last update :S Yet, it covers everything and then some.

Yeah I felt I had to post it here as there were a lot of confusion on that aspect. I generally only respond on YouTube, Twitter, Twitch & Discord now days. It's impossible to keep up, 6 years I've been at this and I'm not a fulltime streamer (at least not yet). :P
Guides: https://www.poe-vault.com/guides/ghazzy-guide-hub
YT: https://www.youtube.com/GhazzyTV
Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/ghazzytv
"
IchiMorghulis wrote:
"
Ghazzy wrote:

What's wrong with having acrobatics + MoM + EB? Even though acrobatics gives u 30% less ES, the layers of defense is still awesome.
"
aykay317 wrote:
"
IchiMorghulis wrote:
"
Ghazzy wrote:

What's wrong with having acrobatics + MoM + EB? Even though acrobatics gives u 30% less ES, the layers of defense is still awesome.

I'm also trying to figure out, how good is it to get Acrobatics and Phase Acrobatics while sacrificing alot of ES. Anyone comment on it? Is it worth it and for end game as well? Just curious. Since I'll be losing alot of es. Can you feel the defense from it.
Also what should I use over IC, I'm currently using it and it does work even nerfed. But I see some use fortify shield charge but not sure.
Failed twice to keep shaper alive today, really sucks. My gear is pretty exceptional, not sure why I haven't seen anyone else have issues with this, makes me feel like im overlooking something..or this build just doesn't kill quickly enough
"
Failed twice to keep shaper alive today, really sucks. My gear is pretty exceptional, not sure why I haven't seen anyone else have issues with this, makes me feel like im overlooking something..or this build just doesn't kill quickly enough

Answered you earlier when you brought it up: just use frost wall. Level 21 Frost Wall costs <5c and makes it super easy to keep him alive.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info