GhazzyTV - Essence Drain & Contagion (or Bane/Soulrend) Trickster [SC/HC/Uber Elder/Shaper]

I am doing shaped atlas and am becoming bored of it. So now I am aiming to do all-content.
Please advise on whether my gears are sufficient and do give me some recommendations.
Thanks in advance.
"
ooFunky wrote:
"
dnates2014 wrote:

Rest of gear:

I recently upgraded my helment, and got an atziri boots .. still having problems with t13+ :( is there anything wrong with my gear?

A few things i noticed:

You are not resistance caped for elemental weakness if I see this correctly. If you have problems with maps like that?
Level 21 Essence Drain.
Level 4 Empower.
40% ED damage on helmet uber lab entchant.
Rare offhand with more spell damage, life, all res. There even are rare ones with block chance applied to spells (I guess it's an elder mod?) at least I got this on mine.
Damage on both rings.
Change Bisco's Leash to a rare one with life, res, (abyss socket) for higher tiers.
Corrupted amulet with +1 to curses to switch the notes in the skilltree to damage ones.
Do you have enough mana for Mind over Matter? Since you have no Grand Spectrum equiped? I sold mine yesterday and lost way too much mana. Your life*0,428=the mana you should have unreserved for MoM +/- 5-10%.

Also a lot of people in here switch the Allelopathy setup around to Void Manipulation, Swift Affliction, Controlled Destruction, Efficacy for more Blight dps. But you would have to drop Increased Cast Speed from your Contagion, Vaal Lightning Trap, Clarity and Increased Duration on Immortal Call.

Also some switch to a staff with +3 to gems for higher content.

Sorry didn't read your feedback. Thank you.
I think my mana is fine atm, I used the calculator. :) Can I follow your skill tree? or whoever?
The subject of this post shows 3.1 Video Guide, but I still see the 2.6 version. Is there a link somewhere that I'm not seeing or has it not been added yet?
Finding a high life/ multiple res helm for this build is frustrating to say the least. 1-3 ex for anything decent...lol Prices this league are crazy. ( just me thinking out loud..lol)
Last edited by Badtwo on Jan 14, 2018, 12:25:17 PM
I'm happy to announce that I've recived TONS and TONS of footage that will allow me to create the updated video guide for this, next Sunday! (21st January). ( I know it's been a bit late, I do my best to keep up, despite not being a fulltime-streamer!)

"
What's the benefit of leveling IC to lvl 5?

Nothing unless you are in a party that allows you to generate endurance charges. Most keeps it at lvl 1, I like to keep things optimized so I don't have to change things when I'm playing in a party :)

"
rustythrowa wrote:
hi i want to do this build on hardcore i always played in softcore how much resistance should i go for ? 75%?

75% = Elemental capped
109% = Elemental capped vs red tier maps with Elemental Weakness map mod

"
Schachi wrote:
Hi Guys, i just hit lvl 88 Abys HC with this build. My skill-tree might be a lil different but so far i can farm t10 smooth and safe.

Defence is 75% All, -24% Chaos, 3391 EVA, 4k Life, 2k ES, 1,6k Mana 1k reserved for Aura! I was lucky with this Chest tho. Found it and 6L it with like 30 Chroma and 7 Fuses. Msg ingame or here if u have questions. Iam not an expert tho!!

Awesome to hear bro, gratz! :D

"
diablo184 wrote:
would a added chaos damage gem work in here over any of the ed set ups or does it not fit into the build

It would only scale the initial hit, which we don't even bother looking at.
So, no, it would not work for this build :)

"
dnates2014 wrote:

Rest of gear:

I recently upgraded my helment, and got an atziri boots .. still having problems with t13+ :( is there anything wrong with my gear?

Looks like the comments you recieved on this one literally covers anything I would mention myself :)
Would however want to point out that the guide is up-to-date, the Sanctity node is a matter of taste if you wish to take it or not.

"
Hamude wrote:
I dont think you need the mana jewels.

You could run with high flat mana rolled Abyssal Jewels as well. Though if you're playing hardcore you're gonna want to fully sustain your eHP pool properly. In softcore it matters less :)

"
Hamude wrote:

Just killed shaper today, first time ever. He was easier than expected, damage wasnt a problem, the guardians were easy aswell and also red elder is quite easy with this setup. I got like 6 jewel nodes and i think all of them got, %dmg, %dmg over time and %hp. 5.6khp and 1.2k mana unreserved. I think ED dot damage was around 91k without flasks and stuff. Now i dont know what else to do besides maybe rolling a new character :D

GeeeeeGeeeee!!! :D

"
kizzderose wrote:
Little late but thanks @Garyas, Thalido and Ghazzy for your tips! ;)

Never late to read such a post, thank you <3

"
loys22 wrote:
"
YT_HB wrote:
"
loys22 wrote:
How do i increase my damage for this build? I have tried doing T13 but it was very slow, need some advice on gear

Un-hide your character tab in the forum privacy settings so we can see your setup.

My bad. Currently have 4.3k life with 1.2k ES, mana pool 2363 after buff

Hey,

Besides only sitting on a 5L you are using Pierce in there. The guide is listing gems in order of efficiency, which puts Pierce as a potential 6th slot gem. I personally never liked using Pierce for ED, and now with the Allelopathy gloves I dislike it even more. You don't benefit DPS for using it at all.

Mana looks alrightish, could be a tad bit higher.
If you're looking for damage I can again recommend using a +1 Tabula or Skin of the Loyal or a+1 gem lvl shaper/elder chest. I personally prefer any of the + lvl gem chest choices over CoD, though some prefer to get that extra layer of defence.

"
LloydXellos wrote:

I am doing shaped atlas and am becoming bored of it. So now I am aiming to do all-content.
Please advise on whether my gears are sufficient and do give me some recommendations.
Thanks in advance.

21/20 ED, Empower lvl 4.
Besides that the gear looks solid AF :)

"
Arios1982 wrote:
The subject of this post shows 3.1 Video Guide, but I still see the 2.6 version. Is there a link somewhere that I'm not seeing or has it not been added yet?

It's being taken care of within the next 7 days. (Finally....)

Guides: https://www.poe-vault.com/guides/ghazzy-guide-hub
YT: https://www.youtube.com/GhazzyTV
Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/ghazzytv
21/20 ED, Empower lvl 4.
I have seen comments on here several times regarding this..what exactly is wrong with this? If you have ED @ 20 and have a plus 1 chest it will be 21/20 right? and same with Empower..so I am confused I guess.
Hi. Thanks for the help so far! I have gotten good help everytime I have asked.
This is my first til playing poe so need some basic help.

I am now level 86 and gotten my first elder guardian kill, got The Enslaver but died twice. We lose 10 % so it would be nice to be stronger.

New items?
https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/Odd_the_king/characters`

Last time I asked for advice it got me Tabula Rasa +1 to level of socketed gems and empower lv3.
But what to buy now? And any items I should buy and fix sockets? I am new to this game so need god advice :)

I got:
94 chaos
682 jeweller's orb
90 orb of fusing
726 chromatic orb

Death's Oath, Cherrubim's Maleficence and Cloak of Defianced seems to hard to get or am I wrong?
Breath of the Council cost 49 chaos. Should that be next? Or more on how to survive? Life is 5315.

Is there anyone that can se how to spend my currency best?

PS: In my passive tree I got 2xspreading rot and cobalt jewel with 11%increased spell damage + 14%increased spell damage while holding a shield

Ozon_
"
"
dnates2014 wrote:

Rest of gear:

Looks like the comments you recieved on this one literally covers anything I would mention myself :)
Would however want to point out that the guide is up-to-date, the Sanctity node is a matter of taste if you wish to take it or not.

Thanks, was kind of dabbling on whether or not to redo my skill tree. Everyone else has a different tree, including your old trickster - hence why I was confused .

I replaced tabula with a SoTL and I'm surviving better now.

Hello, this is my first time reaching maps and level 80+ on PoE, so I'm looking for advice on how to upgrade my gear and general playstyle. I just recently switched to Allelopathy w/ damage gems and Blight threshold jewel.

Got around 5.1k Life, 2k ES, 50% Fire Res and 75% Cold/Lightning, -1% Chaos. Are these defenses good or do I need more HP for later maps and bosses? (Fire res will increase as soon as I get my masters level up)

Also I'm struggling with bosses, since I feel like I'm not doing enough damage. ED tooltip says it's at 30k without buffs, but it feels kinda slow especially for Elder guardians and Elder himself.

For general playstyle, should I use Wither + Totem and manually cast Blight whenever I can on bosses? Or Blight + Totem is safer and just manually cast/ditch Wither? (Or just something else entirely?)

As you can imagine I'm not very rich, but any suggestion goes since I'll consider it an investment.

Thanks!!!
"
Odd_the_king wrote:

Is there anyone that can se how to spend my currency best?

Ozon_

The next "big" upgrades would be Breath of the Council, Essence Drain level 21 + 20% quality and Empower level 4. With BotC being the cheapest one of the three, so you could get that first. Keep an eye on the increased chaos damage if you buy one. It ranges from 80% to 100%.

Also there is spell damage possible on rings/amulet and Essence Drain enchant from the uber lab on helmets.

Do you need that mana flask? You shouldn't really. Could get a Quicksilver Flask there for a better time doing maps.

"
dnates2014 wrote:

Thanks, was kind of dabbling on whether or not to redo my skill tree. Everyone else has a different tree, including your old trickster - hence why I was confused .

Yeah, some of us use different setups/approaches :D I'm trying Windscreams right now so I got the damage wheel instead of the +1 curse one in the skill tree. But yes the finished skill tree listed in the guide is totally fine.

"
Suzakner wrote:

Hello, this is my first time reaching maps and level 80+ on PoE, so I'm looking for advice on how to upgrade my gear and general playstyle. I just recently switched to Allelopathy w/ damage gems and Blight threshold jewel.

Got around 5.1k Life, 2k ES, 50% Fire Res and 75% Cold/Lightning, -1% Chaos. Are these defenses good or do I need more HP for later maps and bosses? (Fire res will increase as soon as I get my masters level up)

Also I'm struggling with bosses, since I feel like I'm not doing enough damage. ED tooltip says it's at 30k without buffs, but it feels kinda slow especially for Elder guardians and Elder himself.

For general playstyle, should I use Wither + Totem and manually cast Blight whenever I can on bosses? Or Blight + Totem is safer and just manually cast/ditch Wither? (Or just something else entirely?)

As you can imagine I'm not very rich, but any suggestion goes since I'll consider it an investment.

Thanks!!!

Life looks okayish but could be more. No life on both rings. Low life on amulet but there is spell damage so keep that at first. Low life on boots. Could also get a rare shield with flat life and more spell damage.

Get a +1 to socketed gems corrupted Tabula Rasa and an Empower Level 3 at first. Should be a big step in damage.

And I would take a different belt. Biscos, Belt of the Deceiver, or a rare one with life + resistances.

For playstyle: On bosses you hit your flasks (witchfire for example if you have one.. you should have one :D), drop your wither totem, cast Essence Drain and channel Blight as long as it is safe to do so (since you have to be stationary to cast Blight..)

For general mapping you should be fine using Contagion + Essence Drain and move on.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info