GhazzyTV - Essence Drain & Contagion (or Bane/Soulrend) Trickster [SC/HC/Uber Elder/Shaper]

"
What's the benefit of leveling IC to lvl 5?

For the standard build: nothing, as we don't have endurance charges.

The real difference comes from to which level you bring CWDT. The higher it is, the higher the damage threshold for it to proc. As Ghazzy said, some people prefer it to proc more often, even for small hits, others prefer it to proc only on large hits.

I guess lvl 5 on IC was only mentioned as this is the max lvl which a lvl 3 CWDT supports. But you can also leave IC at lvl 1 and only lvl CWDT to provide the desired damage threshold.

This is changed if your build has some means of EC generation. This would indeed favor higher IC and subsequently higher CWDT levels.
hi i want to do this build on hardcore i always played in softcore how much resistance should i go for ? 75%?
Hi Guys, i just hit lvl 88 Abys HC with this build. My skill-tree might be a lil different but so far i can farm t10 smooth and safe.

Defence is 75% All, -24% Chaos, 3391 EVA, 4k Life, 2k ES, 1,6k Mana 1k reserved for Aura! I was lucky with this Chest tho. Found it and 6L it with like 30 Chroma and 7 Fuses. Msg ingame or here if u have questions. Iam not an expert tho!!

would a added chaos damage gem work in here over any of the ed set ups or does it not fit into the build

Rest of gear:

I recently upgraded my helment, and got an atziri boots .. still having problems with t13+ :( is there anything wrong with my gear?
Last edited by dnates2014 on Jan 11, 2018, 11:02:33 PM
"
dnates2014 wrote:

Rest of gear:

I recently upgraded my helment, and got an atziri boots .. still having problems with t13+ :( is there anything wrong with my gear?

A few things i noticed:

You are not resistance caped for elemental weakness if I see this correctly. If you have problems with maps like that?
Level 21 Essence Drain.
Level 4 Empower.
40% ED damage on helmet uber lab entchant.
Rare offhand with more spell damage, life, all res. There even are rare ones with block chance applied to spells (I guess it's an elder mod?) at least I got this on mine.
Damage on both rings.
Change Bisco's Leash to a rare one with life, res, (abyss socket) for higher tiers.
Corrupted amulet with +1 to curses to switch the notes in the skilltree to damage ones.
Do you have enough mana for Mind over Matter? Since you have no Grand Spectrum equiped? I sold mine yesterday and lost way too much mana. Your life*0,428=the mana you should have unreserved for MoM +/- 5-10%.

Also a lot of people in here switch the Allelopathy setup around to Void Manipulation, Swift Affliction, Controlled Destruction, Efficacy for more Blight dps. But you would have to drop Increased Cast Speed from your Contagion, Vaal Lightning Trap, Clarity and Increased Duration on Immortal Call.

Also some switch to a staff with +3 to gems for higher content.
Last edited by ooFunky on Jan 12, 2018, 3:23:59 AM
"
dnates2014 wrote:

Rest of gear:

What's your mana at? Do you have enough unreserved for MoM to work correctly? I ask because I notice that you have the spreading rot jewels and not the grand spectrum jewels. I just ran my first T13 without issue tonight so I think you should be fine at lvl 90. Your gear looks pretty good. Are all your res maxed out - I haven't added them up.
"
diablo184 wrote:
would a added chaos damage gem work in here over any of the ed set ups or does it not fit into the build

Added Chaos Damage gem does not add to the damege over time from Essence Drain.
Don't have a lot of time to play this league, so I'm still in T10ish maps (doing them in succession for the atlas bonus).

However, last league I was able to do up to and including T16 without Grand Spectrum (was running 2x Spreading Rot and 4 rares with damage mods).

So, that shouldn't be the issue. As has been mentioned before, if you are running Allelopathy, I'd recommend going the route with 4 damage support gems socketed in them.

EDIT: Just checked, you didn't take the Sanctity node. While at first glance, it doesn't seem to add a lot, the 1% life regen are not to be overlooked. Life reg is an integral part to this build's defense.
Last edited by Garyas on Jan 12, 2018, 3:51:49 AM
I dont think you need the mana jewels.
Last edited by Hamude on Jan 12, 2018, 7:17:40 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info