GhazzyTV - Essence Drain & Contagion (or Bane/Soulrend) Trickster [SC/HC/Uber Elder/Shaper]

"
Garyas wrote:

Rarity only works when slaying monsters with the supported spells. You have it linked to Contagion, which is probably not the main killer. However, with the ED spreading mechanics of Contagion, could well be that Contagion counts as the killer.

I'm a bit surprised to not see inc. area linked to Contagion in your setup - I would personally prefer that over Rarity.

Devoto's is a it of an odd choice for this build, you probably took it due to the lab enchant.

Much envy on that +1/+1 Skin.... did you find / vaal it yourself or did you buy it? If the latter, how much was it?

The amulett is also very nice, and the double inc. dam ring :)

Withfire is strange though - you are already running Despair as a skill gem, so there's no need for an additional source of it, is there? I don't think they will stack.

Hi, bro! Thank you for your opinion. About Contagion, I am not 100% sure it's always the killer, but if it's 50/50, is a good option. IAS is an excellent choice here as well.

Devoto is great for this build imo. I love it for lab runs and maps farming. The chaos resistance is very good addition.

The Skin - vaaled it 2 days ago - 3rd try. Lucky with it this league - cann't say the same about Empower.

I think the boots with duration and Arcane Surge in them are a good addition too (it helps a bit with ED, Fortify, IC ...). Would recommend.

Witchfire - Increased DoT during flask effect.
Anyone have a recommendation on what maps to shape? So far I have:

Shaped Beach
Shaped Arid Lake
Shaped Iceberg
Shaped Strand

Any tips on what maps work best with this build? I was debating on using my next orb on Phantasmagoria since it's so linear and the contagion shoots up the hallways.
Which jewel are the best to use for this build?
Im currently going with:
- Adds x to y chaos damage
- maximum life
- %dmg over time while holding a shield

in all my sockets, are there any better?
"
Hamude wrote:
Which jewel are the best to use for this build?
Im currently going with:
- Adds x to y chaos damage
- maximum life
- %dmg over time while holding a shield

in all my sockets, are there any better?

Copied from the guide page 1:

High Budget Gearing

Jewels:

1. Chaos Damage
1. Spell Damage
1. Spell Damage Whilst Wielding a Shield
1. Damage over Time
2. Life
2. Mana
as far as I know added chaos damage does nothing for the DoT damage of ED or blight, as is stated on the wiki, and you can see in PoB, puting an added chaos gem doesn't even change the DoT damage. in short added chaos is useless for a DoT setup, it is good for dark pact and whatnot
How about stacking "%dmg if you´ve killed recently"on abyss jewels?
"
Hamude wrote:
How about stacking "%dmg if you´ve killed recently"on abyss jewels?

Bosses (without adds) would be even more harder if you switch chaos damage, damage over time, ... out for this.
Quoting myself from approx 4 pages before on the topic of Jewels:

"
Garyas wrote:
"
tanadelsuono wrote:
I'm using a lot of abyss eye jewels that have 2 x add chaos damage + 10~15% increased damage while holding a shield (even on my 2 socketed unique belt). Is it a good idea ? do I better stick to the tutorial ?

The added chaos damage doesn't help, the increased dam while holding a shield does.

(Offensive) Stats to look for on jewels are:
- increased damage
- increased spell damage
- increased chaos damage
- increased damage over time
- increased spell damage while holding a shield
- increased damage over time while holding a shield

By the way:
1) The first 5 can roll only on "normal" jewels (not 100% sure on all stats, but pretty much).
2) The last one can only roll on the new Abyss jewels.

What I typically do is to look for jewels with 3 out of the 5 first in total. Sometime I add %increased life or %increased mana as additional options.

There's another stat which you may want to add to your search, which is "increased damage if you have killed recently". This one is only available on the Abyssal jewels and I personally rank it somewhat lower than the others (as it will not be up for bosses, except for during / immediately after add phases).

By the way: Yay for reaching 200 pages in this thread!!!
"
Odd_the_king wrote:
"
Renholder wrote:
"
Odd_the_king wrote:
Hi.

Got my 4 link on Allelopathy. :)

"- Contagion, Faster Casting, Increased Area of Effect, Arcane Surge
Make sure to read the Arcane Surge gem so that you know what lvl of gem will work with your current gem lvls!"

The gem reads:
"Gain Arcane Surge when you spend (15-400) Mana with Supported Skills"

My Contagion with support skills (all 3 of them) do 308 DPS and cost 49 mana.

Is it correct that my contagion can only go to max level 8? Then Mana to Gain
Arcane Surge is at 41 and I use 49.

Is there somethink else I should think about? I read in the forum that Gazzy wrote:
"Immortal Call doesn't matter either as long as it's not too high for your CWDT to trigger."
What does it mean?

Ozon

Arcane surge you only want to level up so that each cast of Contagion triggers it. The description you grabbed lists the range of mana from lvl 1 - 20 of the gem. You want to check the actual gem itself to see what it can support. I left mine at lvl 8 for right now which triggers every time I use 41 mana for a spell thus proccing each time I cast Contagion(shame it doesnt cost a bit more mana :) .)

As far as CWDT/Immortal call is concerned you need to balance the gem levels because you want it proccing the most consistently to avoid taking huge damage spikes which with MoM and your high mana pool gives you a major eHP(effective HP) pool to soak up damage spikes. Most people do Immortal Call to 5 and CWDT to 3.

Sorry, I forgot to edit. I got one level 5 and one level 9 on my Arcane Surge
On my level 5 i says: "Gain Arcane Surge when you spend 22 Mana with Supported Skills"

Is it correct that I can safely level it to 8?

This is my first time I played PoE, my CWDT and immortal call is at level 17. BUT IT SHOULD BE LEVEL 5 and 3??

Now I read:
"Trigger Supported Spells when you take a total of 2621 Damage" <--- thats a lot? :)
Do I also have to read all my gems now?

GAZZY, you did warn me about Arcane Surge, can you edit the guide for other new players to warn about
the level of CWDT and immortal call?

Now I wondering what else I dont use correct.

Ozon.

Hey,

CWDT is always a matter of taste and I'd like to avoid leading people in to something that doesn't fit their paystyle. I personally use lvl 3 CWDT with lvl 5 IC, though some people prefer it lower and some higher.

Arcane Surge depends as well, some prefer it to proc on every Contagion pack whilst others prefer it on every second cast which means you can have Arcane Surge support up to 2x the mana cost of your Contagion :)

"
_Nektre_ wrote:
Hello. Which chest would be the best to get? Cloak or skin +1/+2 skills?

+ lvls of gems is always going to be my personal choice for this build, even for hardcore.
Though, it all depends on your personal playstyle.

"
Badtwo wrote:
Finally my first Character to 80. And the funnest too thx to this build , coulda been alot quicker but I work full time and playtime isnt more than a few hrs a day so again for the build!

On another note..Stil need some more currency to get the job done on the gear but its coming, I have the Slink boots all set up and can run them but I have to choose movement speed vs resistances. So I am running w/o right now. Resistance gear has gone way up in the last week or so..lol I saw some rings today that arent even that great for 30 plus c. Balancing act getting resistances up w/o losing life/ attributes.

Thanks again having a great time!

Hey,

Glad to hear the build guide is fulfilling it's purpose <3

"
YT_HB wrote:
"
FrostChaser wrote:
can you advice any weapon for mid-end game? i was thinking to buy Innsbury Edge Elder Sword its cheap gives phys to chaos conv and chaos dmg leech. do you think its a good choice?

This is good and cheap until you can afford the Breath of the Council:

Exactly as the guide describes :)

Also, we don't deal any physical damage and we don't actually leech with this build as leeching require you to hit which only comes from the projectile that ED shoots which hits once, then it leaves a debuff DoT effect which is what we are scaling with this build. ED also has a mod that says that you will REGENERATE a % of the damage dealt by ED, so we actually never leech :)

"
Renholder wrote:
Anyone have a recommendation on what maps to shape? So far I have:

Shaped Beach
Shaped Arid Lake
Shaped Iceberg
Shaped Strand

Any tips on what maps work best with this build? I was debating on using my next orb on Phantasmagoria since it's so linear and the contagion shoots up the hallways.

The maps I shaped was this:

Jungle Valley
Dunes
Infested Valley
Vault

Phanta is a great map as well :)

"
_RebeL_ wrote:
as far as I know added chaos damage does nothing for the DoT damage of ED or blight, as is stated on the wiki, and you can see in PoB, puting an added chaos gem doesn't even change the DoT damage. in short added chaos is useless for a DoT setup, it is good for dark pact and whatnot

^^^^^

------------

@Garyas:

Thank you again, and also guys, he's right about the Jewel topic which i skipped as Garyas covered it.
Guides: https://www.poe-vault.com/guides/ghazzy-guide-hub
YT: https://www.youtube.com/GhazzyTV
Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/ghazzytv
What's the benefit of leveling IC to lvl 5?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info