GhazzyTV - Essence Drain & Contagion (or Bane/Soulrend) Trickster [SC/HC/Uber Elder/Shaper]

Vymiot:

Post your equipment or better yet turn on public profiles so we can see your setup.
"
Vymiot:

Post your equipment or better yet turn on public profiles so we can see your setup.

As You probably figured that out already I'm just starting my romance with this game...so I would do that "turn on public profiles" thingy if only I knew how...
"
Vymiot wrote:
"
Vymiot:

As You probably figured that out already I'm just starting my romance with this game...so I would do that "turn on public profiles" thingy if only I knew how...

Nevermind goodled that one out so my chars should be visible now... THe one Im talking bout is callet The_Corruptor
Wanna share my staff setup:

Currently I have 6k hp, 2100 unreserved mana, 130k ED dot dps without any buffs and 505k with 20 wither stacks and full buff.

And, of course, thanks Ghazzy for this awesome build and forum support.
Last edited by evilelv on Oct 2, 2017, 4:29:39 PM
Thanks for guide. I found the game on xbox a few weeks ago and have been using this as my first character.

Please bear with me for a few questions which may only concern us lowly console players:

1) I've been using Bisco's leash for the rampage. While it's great for clearing maps as it stacks, I find that if I stop to pick up loot (xbox version remember) it will fall off. The alternative is just not to pick up loot and zoom about clearing the maps to then backtrack and loot once it's clear? Seems inefficient. In which case, would another belt be a better choice?

2) Witchfire brew is recommended but I understand it competes with enfeeble aura for curse applications. Again with the trouble of xbox version, it's hard to find +1 curse amulet since the search function is non-existent for trade. I note there is another recommendation to drop some mana nodes in the passive tree to pick up the +1 curses node at far north-west. Could you link what a recommended passive tree with the curses node would look like?

3) I've just hit level 85 and my gems are almost level 20. How should I proceed with increasing their quality? Do I just need to suck it up and apply 20 gemcutter prism to each gem (that's more than I have in currency atm), or is there a strategy with the recipe for level 20 gem + 1 prism and sequence the re-levelling of each gem in turn to minimize the impact? Which order is best for increasing gem quality.

4) related to above question. I managed to get a level 2 empower for 25 co (xbox prices seem way inflated compared to pc rates). Should I invest the prisms now to level it faster or just save until I can buy higher level empower?
Last edited by Waiting_on_connection on Oct 2, 2017, 4:30:59 PM
@evilelv: grats, that's great gear. I guess it wasn't really cheap :)
Hey guys, sorry for the delayed responses, been super sick & tons to do in school! Thank you again @Garyas for helping me out in this thread :)

Small announcement: On stream I'll soon be doing this build to update the video footage & create a boss killing version of it as well (still being life).

"
Calumet wrote:
Thanks a lot for this guide, I am enjoying the build.

I can see people are arguing pierce/empower; I can see the problem, pierce is very useful for smooth mob clearing but I would not want to drop empower since it would mean taking a big hit in single target. That's where the damage is really needed imo. I'm using the Shaper boots to get pierce and phasing; obviously I lose a lot of hp and defenses but the phasing part does help survivability when shield charging through tricky situations.

Sorry if this has been asked 99 times in this thread but how much mana should I get for MoM? I am actually at level 83 and I have 10 unspent passives. Next thing to do would be to go for MoM but using PoB, I can see that taking MoM and all the biggest mana nodes would only bring me to 1500 unreserved mana or so, with blasphemy, is this enough as I have 5500 life? Even replacing some of my rare pieces to get mana on gear, it seems like a struggle.

My char name is Iaujie_VI in HSC.

Hey,

My pleasure bro, glad you like it! :)

Regarding the mana:
It depends if you're using CoD or not. The calculator for this should be in the guide though.
If you don't use CoD you will want to have around 42.8% of your life as unreserved mana, so in your case the calculation looks like this:
5500 * 0.428 = Required unreserved mana (2354), however we have such massive sustaining of this so being +/- 500ish is fine so try to aim for around 1.8k mana and you'll be fine.

"
Garyas wrote:
Will try to join you on Discord when I have some time. Installed it already ;) When are you typically around? I'm living in the CET timezone (Germany).

Well, I'm there pretty much 24/7 via my phone if I' not home as it's my personal dome. Kappa
I'm from Sweden so same time as you.

"
epicmeatwad wrote:
Whats the general consensus best chest? I just bricked my Skin of the Loyal and im looking for something new.

Great build btw, one of my favorites so far in 4 leagues!

My personal choice is a Skin or +1 corrupted tabula. Then again, others prefer other approaches such as: Cherrubim for softcore and CoD for hardcore.

"
Surfinn wrote:
OK so I'm trying out the +3 chaos gem staff setup and am liking it a lot so far. Yes, I lose blight, but I was dying a lot and could NOT figure out why. I chose to sacrifice damage on boss fights but I'm zooming through maps way faster than before and gained a TON of survivability (changed my flasks around to give me lots more leeway). Phase run actually increases my survivability a LOT because it allows you to pass through enemies, which I had no idea until I started using it. Coupled with a speed flask, I've got absolutely no issues getting around. I use it as my main utility/defensive skill and it's worked well with keeping me away from deadly stuff (knock on wood).

Yeah, I lose neck spell damage but to me it's well worth the trade off of having an incredible amount of mana regen and 24% extra mana + 100 flat as well. I found a nice rolled Atziri's Foilble with +1 curse, so I'm able to achieve a LOT more dps with Witchfire.

Doing higher tier maps (11-14), I've only died twice (which is a HUGE improvement from before) in the last few days (switched to temporal chains because of this, fast attacking Shipyard and dual vault bosses RIP'd me fast) and have been having a much easier and safer (MORE FUN) time with trying to progress toward the next level, all while increasing my DPS significantly (boss fights take a little longer but it doesn't feel slow).

I was at 17k ED DPS (very top of ED info) and now am sitting at 26K unbuffed (84K unbuffed chaos damage per second)

Life: 6.3k
Mana: 2.5k unreserved (temporal chains/clarity reserved), 371 regen per second
3k armor, almost 3k evasion, unbuffed

Next goal is to get a helm with 40% ED damage.

Just wanted to share. Hopefully this helps someone.

This is very nice, ty for sharing. :)
As stated in the top of this response I'll ake sure to get some updates on this build propery, live on stream soon.
My curent thoughts will be to have the 1h/shield version be the cheaper approach & then going for +3 chaos staff for bosskilling and/or higher budget.

"
epicmeatwad wrote:
Thanks very much! I ended up getting a Skin of the Loyal for 1ex. I couldnt resist that +1 and that oddly cheap price, so now my ED is sitting at +4 and 60k (my first time using Empower).

Can anyone suggest any item upgrades for me? I have roughly 7ex to spend. My resists are pretty wonky atm, my lightning is at 90% with my current gear.

Thanks again!

You got some really nice resistances on those Ventors, but outside of changing those for chaos dmg providing rings you can pretty much only do these things:
Get better numeric values on your rares
Change wep/shield for a +3 approach

"
oestergreen wrote:
1st, really thorough guide, good job on it!

Some questions on the life build:

1) Method to the Madness is not worth going for in this build? (seems like a lot of damage to not get?)

2) I don't seem to have any problems with mana (not even running clarity) ... why is that, when it seems a lot of nodes are later taken (+ ascendancy) to sustain mana?
I use whirling blades to get around and nonstop doing it, i spam my contagion + ED, just those 2 on a pack and move on.... am I doing something wrong or lacking to do something which would eat much more of my mana?

3) I started this build by another guide from nowleech, but he seems very inactive so now I'm trying to figure to switch to your build (Life/MOM) --- but this is my first league and first ED character, sooooo just a bit unsure how to best do this :) --- I really like whirling blades, but I see also the benefit of shield charge --- would you say its required?

4) Is witchfire brew a must-have for the build to work at high tier maps/bosses?

5) Lastly, do you know of any HC viable CI version of this build you could suggest me to check out?

My profile is public, so feel free to advice if you want... thanks :)

Hey,

Believe @Garyas hooked you up with the answers already! :)
This build is designed for hardcore! CI version of this is not something I have designed myself (yet), though if I did, I'd go Heretics Veil Occultist +3 staff approach without a doubt. It would also cost a hell lot more currency to build.

"
Vymiot wrote:
"
Vymiot wrote:
"
Vymiot:

Nevermind goodled that one out so my chars should be visible now... THe one Im talking bout is callet The_Corruptor

Finally got around to answer questions in this thread, I am looking at your character & see you have no chest piece so I can't see the support gems you got for the ED setup, or did you manage it already? :)

Oh and a quick side question, is your twitch name TheCorruptor?

"
evilelv wrote:
Wanna share my staff setup:

Currently I have 6k hp, 2100 unreserved mana, 130k ED dot dps without any buffs and 505k with 20 wither stacks and full buff.

And, of course, thanks Ghazzy for this awesome build and forum support.

Hey,

Thank you for sharing!
My pleasure bro, it wouldn't be possible for me to do what I do without the support from subs/viewers on my stream/youtube, so thank you all for making this a possibility for me to continue <3

"
Thanks for guide. I found the game on xbox a few weeks ago and have been using this as my first character.

Please bear with me for a few questions which may only concern us lowly console players:

1) I've been using Bisco's leash for the rampage. While it's great for clearing maps as it stacks, I find that if I stop to pick up loot (xbox version remember) it will fall off. The alternative is just not to pick up loot and zoom about clearing the maps to then backtrack and loot once it's clear? Seems inefficient. In which case, would another belt be a better choice?

2) Witchfire brew is recommended but I understand it competes with enfeeble aura for curse applications. Again with the trouble of xbox version, it's hard to find +1 curse amulet since the search function is non-existent for trade. I note there is another recommendation to drop some mana nodes in the passive tree to pick up the +1 curses node at far north-west. Could you link what a recommended passive tree with the curses node would look like?

3) I've just hit level 85 and my gems are almost level 20. How should I proceed with increasing their quality? Do I just need to suck it up and apply 20 gemcutter prism to each gem (that's more than I have in currency atm), or is there a strategy with the recipe for level 20 gem + 1 prism and sequence the re-levelling of each gem in turn to minimize the impact? Which order is best for increasing gem quality.

4) related to above question. I managed to get a level 2 empower for 25 co (xbox prices seem way inflated compared to pc rates). Should I invest the prisms now to level it faster or just save until I can buy higher level empower?

Hey,

1) I guess you could try the "Belt of the Deciever" instead. Sorry to hear the Xbox version is as slow & clunky as people anticiapted it to be :/

2) The general recommendation is to drop mana nodes for Whispers of Doom unless you want to use the Uniques (Windscream/Doedres Damning etc)

3)The main damage ability I would never flip if I'm using it, however, the support gems I wouldn't spend 20 GCPs on, those I'd flip.

4) If you plan on LvLing an Empower gem, putting 20% quality on it asap is absolutely recommended. It is even recommended to get the (correct me if I'm saying the wrong master) Haku specific modded weapon which grants % increased quality to socketed items, simply use that in your off-slot item with the Empower which should be qualitied for the most increased experience gained on the gem itself to lvl it up asap!

Hope the answers sufficed and again, thank you @Garyas for helping me out here. I'm sadly not a fulltime streamer yet which makes it very hard to keep up with all the threads & Discord, but I do what I can and I have very nice people helping me out :)
Guides: https://www.poe-vault.com/guides/ghazzy-guide-hub
YT: https://www.youtube.com/GhazzyTV
Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/ghazzytv
i just bought 21/20 ED and lvl 4 empower for 8,5 ex added together. I have never spent that much on gems in all my POE history (2013 - now). Actually, that lvl 4 empower gem is now the most valuable item on this character, which feels kind of weird :D

also, this being my first league where i ever try guardians and the shaper, i just got shaper down to like 3% in phase 3 and then messed up with no portals left. this was my 11th shaper try and as you can see on the screenshot, i need to work on the orb placement haha. it was fine at the beginning of phase 3, i had 4 portals left and i placed the orbs on the left side and stacked them. However, as soon as i need to get in the middle into zanas protection area while an orb is following me and the shaper clone starts shooting, i mess up! how are you dealing with this?

i have 3 sets left, so i might get him down with those!

thanks again for the guide.. next i will save up for one of those 2h staff i guess!

edit: i dont have movement speed on my boots. i somehow feel like it would really help in the shaper fight
Last edited by paranoiah on Oct 3, 2017, 5:51:34 AM
"
paranoiah wrote:
i just bought 21/20 ED and lvl 4 empower for 8,5 ex added together. I have never spent that much on gems in all my POE history (2013 - now). Actually, that lvl 4 empower gem is now the most valuable item on this character, which feels kind of weird :D

also, this being my first league where i ever try guardians and the shaper, i just got shaper down to like 3% in phase 3 and then messed up with no portals left. this was my 11th shaper try and as you can see on the screenshot, i need to work on the orb placement haha. it was fine at the beginning of phase 3, i had 4 portals left and i placed the orbs on the left side and stacked them. However, as soon as i need to get in the middle into zanas protection area while an orb is following me and the shaper clone starts shooting, i mess up! how are you dealing with this?

i have 3 sets left, so i might get him down with those!

thanks again for the guide.. next i will save up for one of those 2h staff i guess!

edit: i dont have movement speed on my boots. i somehow feel like it would really help in the shaper fight

Yeah the movement speed will make things a lot smoother!
Glad you like the build :D
Guides: https://www.poe-vault.com/guides/ghazzy-guide-hub
YT: https://www.youtube.com/GhazzyTV
Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/ghazzytv
Glad you're still around and updating Ghazzy. You gunna try for a +3 staff?

Question.. how are you guys surviving with a +3 staff? I can't find anything that matches the responsiveness or utility of shield charge/whirling blades.

I've been switching back and fourth between staff and shield setups. Cannot figure out which I want but I'd LOVE to be able to do the staff setup because it appears to be a lot more overall dps. My unbuffed DPS is at 115k ED in comparison to the shield setup (I think 77k unbuffed). Hard to beat that, though Blight DPS dips from 9.2k unbuffed to 8.7k. Good tradeoff for the increase to ED, if you can survive that is.

Current setup:
Last edited by Surfinn on Oct 3, 2017, 12:31:05 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info