GhazzyTV - Essence Drain & Contagion (or Bane/Soulrend) Trickster [SC/HC/Uber Elder/Shaper]

Whats the general consensus best chest? I just bricked my Skin of the Loyal and im looking for something new.

Great build btw, one of my favorites so far in 4 leagues!
I guess there's no general consensus - which is good. Variety and all that :)

Anyways, a number of good options:

-TR as a starter
-TR +1 as a very solid option for damage (see discussion above)
-Skin of the Loyal, like TR+1, but with better def stats
-Skin of the Loyal +1, even better :) Probably the best offensive option for the build
-Cherrubin's: some off (80% increased chaos damage), good def
-Cloak of Defiance: best def (due to effective 40% MoM), but no offensive stats

Any other chest works as well of course, but without any particular specific synergy with the build. Belly would also give a nice defensive boost, Perfect Form etc.

I personally will stick with TR+1 unless I manage to get my hands on a Skin of the Loyal. Or of course any other good chest with +1, which is obviously not restricted to TR, but will be much more expensive and also needs to have the right socket colors. That's why TR+1 is such a good, cheap option.
Last edited by Garyas on Oct 1, 2017, 4:53:11 AM
So I'm always hesitant to use TR or Skin of the loyal, do you not feel the lack of defensive stats such as life armor etc?
I mean we are running enfeeble so I suppose its still pretty safe, I'd just like an input before splurging on a skin (:
edit: nvm managed to get a correct colours 6L cherrubs for 4ex (wtf)
Last edited by Chridian on Oct 1, 2017, 5:09:04 AM
I guess it's a matter of personal preference. The build feels quite tanky to me (at least compared to the others I've been trying) so I don't feel the need for a more defensive chest armor. I rarely die and if so mostly due to own stupidity. On the other hand single target dps could always be better, so the +1 to gems comes in handy.But again, it's a matter of taste
"
Garyas wrote:
"
krofj wrote:
what is dot damage on ED to start doing T15-T16? atm i'm at 41.880 and i think its way too low. Never even tried higher then T13.

Mine is:
Unbuffed: 62k
Buffed (Arcane Surge, Flame Golem): 73k
In Combat (4 Power Charges, 5 Frenzy Charges): 93k
Effective (Hindered, Vulnerability, Wither): 312k

I'm currently Lvl 92 and have ok gear I guess.

Doing mostly T14 (only got very few T15 drops so far), did Atziri (normal variant), Uber Lab. All without any issues.

Farming Keys for Shaper and Uber Atziri now.

How it's possible?

I'm with better eq, jewels, ed 21/20 + empower 4, helmet with 40% dmg ed enchant still have 24k dps (unbuffed)!! Oo

WTF?!

What am I doing wrong?
Last edited by J3pwl3p on Oct 1, 2017, 7:14:57 AM
"
J3pwl3p wrote:
"
Garyas wrote:
"
krofj wrote:
what is dot damage on ED to start doing T15-T16? atm i'm at 41.880 and i think its way too low. Never even tried higher then T13.

Mine is:
Unbuffed: 62k
Buffed (Arcane Surge, Flame Golem): 73k
In Combat (4 Power Charges, 5 Frenzy Charges): 93k
Effective (Hindered, Vulnerability, Wither): 312k

I'm currently Lvl 92 and have ok gear I guess.

Doing mostly T14 (only got very few T15 drops so far), did Atziri (normal variant), Uber Lab. All without any issues.

Farming Keys for Shaper and Uber Atziri now.

How it's possible?

I'm with better eq, jewels, ed 21/20 + empower 4, helmet with 40% dmg ed enchant still have 24k dps (unbuffed)!! Oo

WTF?!

What am I doing wrong?

i am pretty sure you are talking about the dps that is displayed in the character screen?

we are refering to the tooltip damage that pops up when you hover over your Essence Drain spell in the lower right 'Deals X Chaos Damage per Second'.

yours should be around 75k unbuffed? edit: probably even around 80k, really nice gear :P
Last edited by paranoiah on Oct 1, 2017, 8:19:33 AM
"
paranoiah wrote:

i am pretty sure you are talking about the dps that is displayed in the character screen?

we are refering to the tooltip damage that pops up when you hover over your Essence Drain spell in the lower right 'Deals X Chaos Damage per Second'.

yours should be around 75k unbuffed?

Uff.. Ok then.

Thanks mate. I have 90k unbuffed, but fight with boss take tooo long time. Do you have any ideas how to speed up this? Other gems combinations np?

Ed.
What do you think will be better?
or
?
Last edited by J3pwl3p on Oct 1, 2017, 10:13:43 AM
The lower has 67% increased damage (43+24), the BotC 98%. However, there's also the Decay component. Didn't check the effect so far, will have to put it into PoB to see the result.

EDIT: Checked for my char (might be different for yours). Using the Sai, I lose approx 11k DoT DPS, but gain 32k Decay DPS. So overall it's a damage increase.
Last edited by Garyas on Oct 1, 2017, 11:18:00 AM
Thanks very much :)
FYI: the numbers cited above are effective dps, i.e. including frenzy / power charges, Wither & Hinder Debuff, Vulnerability etc.

So in relation:
311k with my BotC, 300k + 32k with the Sai

Better single target, worse AE (since the Decay is not spread by Contagion).

Also, you lose 40% ED & Contagion duration (increased, not effective, i.e. true impact is lower), meaning that the overall damage from one ED cast over the whole duration is lower with the Sai. Skill duration with BotC is 7.26s, with the Sai it's 5.74s. That means that less damage is left over when spreading to nearby targets, again meaning worse AE damage.

Also: these are all numbers based on calculations, i.e. theory. What's probably much more important is the impact on actual gameplay. Hard to judge - try it out, since you have both items available apparently.
Last edited by Garyas on Oct 1, 2017, 1:18:19 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info