GhazzyTV - Essence Drain & Contagion (or Bane/Soulrend) Trickster [SC/HC/Uber Elder/Shaper]

First of all thank you for this great build. Now i have a level 71 shadow and loved this build seems realy op. But i dont understand how we gain endurance charges to use immortal call?
You don't need Endurance Charges to use IC. They would increase the duration, but there's a base duration of 0.4s even without any charges, which can be increased by the Increased Duration Support gem (not really necessary though).
Skipped through a few of the older pages of the thread and came across this post:

"
cybertier wrote:
Getting back to using Allelopathy gloves and napkin math:
I'm pretty sure skipping wither and using spelltotem, efficacy, swift affliction and controlled destruction in gloves gives max dps.

We lose a 140% increased damage modifier (on top of already roughly 260% for my character) from max stack wither but get 64k dps from max stack blight.

If I'm not mistaken, there's a misunderstanding here. The 140% modifier is a "enemies take x% increased damage", which is a separate multiplier from the normal "increased spell / chaos / damage over time" one.

In my case, there are 3 entries in that category:
33% from Vulnerability (via Witchfire Brew)
50% from 2x Spreading Rot Jewels
140% from Wither at 20 stacks

=> 223% total, i.e. a 3.23 multiplier.

Without Wither, this drops to 83% or a 1.83 multiplier. This is substantial!

I agree that Blight provides a huge potential for additional damage. The question is now if it is more beneficial to run Wither totem + Blight selfcast or Blight totem + Wither selfcast. I would not advise to drop Wither completely, as the damage multiplier is too god to pass up on. Rather drop something else (see similar discussion on Blight on pages 127 onwards in this thread).
Another old post (page 76):

"
kellenlawson wrote:
I'm sitting at 43% block chance and 67% spell block chance with rathpith (63%/75% with Rumi's up).

Just citing this here since I saw similar statements recently and wanted to clarify something:
Rathpith does not provide a flat 40-60% spell block chance (which would be amazing), but 40-60% of your normal block chance will be applied to spells as well (still very good, but obviously much less powerful).

So if you have a 43% block chance and your Rathpith has a 50% roll, then you'd have a 21.5% chance to block spells.
How do you earn the frenzy charges? I do not seem to ever have stacks.
Only after you take the Swift Killer node in the Trickster Ascendancy.
"
Surfinn wrote:
Glad you're still around and updating Ghazzy. You gunna try for a +3 staff?

Question.. how are you guys surviving with a +3 staff? I can't find anything that matches the responsiveness or utility of shield charge/whirling blades.

I've been switching back and fourth between staff and shield setups. Cannot figure out which I want but I'd LOVE to be able to do the staff setup because it appears to be a lot more overall dps. My unbuffed DPS is at 115k ED in comparison to the shield setup (I think 77k unbuffed). Hard to beat that, though Blight DPS dips from 9.2k unbuffed to 8.7k. Good tradeoff for the increase to ED, if you can survive that is.

Current setup:

You only get to move & use Flame Dash, that's the general downside of using a staff. I probably won't bother putting currency to a staff and simply just update the video guide for this thread and show the insanity of this builds core design which was to clear maps despite it being able to kill shaper/uber atziri. I still think a CI or even LL Occultist is better for the sake of killing bosses over this though the staff version of this makes it super easy as well.

"
karex wrote:
First of all thank you for this great build. Now i have a level 71 shadow and loved this build seems realy op. But i dont understand how we gain endurance charges to use immortal call?

Glad you like it bro!
Pretty much what @Garyas is saying, you don't need Endurance Charges, it's a common confusion for new players to expect IC not to work without them. It does, just that it has a super small duration which is enough to cover from Porcupines & Bone Husks :)

"
Nitsujmah wrote:
How do you earn the frenzy charges? I do not seem to ever have stacks.

Exactly what @Garyas said. You get charges via the trickster ascendancy "Swift Killer"
Guides: https://www.poe-vault.com/guides/ghazzy-guide-hub
YT: https://www.youtube.com/GhazzyTV
Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/ghazzytv
Dunno why but I can't kill even t12 boss with this build.
With that amount of info, it's hard to give advice :) Could be a lot of different reasons.

I quickly looked up your tree. I notived a few things:
- if you have issues (dying too much), I'd rather take more life nodes (e.g. in the "Scion life rectangle") than some of the additional jewel slots.
- I don't know if you really need the 3 Grand Spectrum Jewels, if you do not run Cloak of Defiance. I would probably rather take rare jewels with 2-3 offensive stats and a life roll.
- You run a mana flask, which seems to indicate that you indeed have mana issues. Don't understand why tbh, I never had any issues so far.

These are all not critical things (from a theoretical perspective), so it seems to indicate you play the build "wrong". No offense meant, just trying to help.

EDIT: Can't see your stats in the profile. Kind of obvious question, but are your stats maxed? What are your life & mana levels, what's your ED DoT DPS (tooltip)?
Last edited by Garyas on Oct 5, 2017, 2:14:08 PM
hey would anyone inspect my character and give me some guidance?
my gems and links are incomplete and do I need MoM from skill tree if I use cloak?

edit: btw it's my first character so don't understand the importances and priorities yet.

th in advance
Last edited by weppe1337 on Oct 5, 2017, 3:08:31 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info