[3.5] Say_Ten's Melee Shadow - Murder Everything Cheaply

"
zakedarkex wrote:
Hey bro, u can post or update u guide how is u char now? with u current equipaments \ gems n build ?

thx bro!

i stopped playing about a month ago or so. what specifically do you want to know? the guide is up to date and my character is 95 in the temp league.
I'm pretty new to this game and this build is dope and I can pretty much play up to T13 maps @ around lv80 (no luck for T14+ drop yet).

But like Say_Ten said, for melee, some bosses are just going to be harder than other, in some boss fight you may want to swap to Lightning Strike as it is so much easier and you'll die less often due to 1-hit from boss when learning the fight, just take longer to fight with projectile lightning strike.

However, I would like to add-on a few points for discussion (feel free to correct):

----------------

For extra GEM leveling for Physical Reflection

Since ideally your BoR has 1 Green, 1 Blue, 2 Red, therefore use:
* Lightning Strike (G)
* Physical to Lightning Support (B)
* Multi Strike / Added Fire / Elemental Damage with Attack Support (2R) (Multi Strike may add delay, so Added Fire can be used so that you can react faster)

Curse: * "Conductivity" (B) for lightning

Physical to Lightning Support will remove all remaining of the physical damage into Lightning damage while we are still able to scale with physical damage.

-----------------

Unique Weapon: Wasp Nest vs Touch of Anguish (ToA)

Wasp is perfectly fine and cost around 1c (look for 250pdps+ 23-25% crit and atk speed). In fact it does about 2-5% more dps when 5 poison stacked, plus extra hit rate, when comparing to ToA which also cost higher (~10c for 270pdps+). But for the quality of life, ToA's chain effect is god send for Lightning Strike when clearing trash especially in indoor / cave area.

----------------

Commitment for End Game

Since this is considered a "Scale-able Budget" build. I'm not sure how it fares in higher content & boss mode (i.e. Shaper/Guardians etc) with limited budget. I'm kinda sure in the end game attempt for Dual Striker, you'll have to buy dual 300+ pdps weapons + 6L Belly + Flasks (high % Rumi etc) & get Vaal Pact, which cost a ton. For reference, my current PoB can only scale me up to around 350k dps @ Lv90 with dual 270pdps ToA or dual 250pdps Wasp Nest.
"
kenzotakada wrote:

Commitment for End Game

Since this is considered a "Scale-able Budget" build. I'm not sure how it fares in higher content & boss mode (i.e. Shaper/Guardians etc) with limited budget. I'm kinda sure in the end game attempt for Dual Striker, you'll have to buy dual 300+ pdps weapons + 6L Belly + Flasks (high % Rumi etc) & get Vaal Pact, which cost a ton. For reference, my current PoB can only scale me up to around 350k dps @ Lv90 with dual 270pdps ToA or dual 250pdps Wasp Nest.

I was able to do the Guardians without major problems. Depends on which boss and what mods. Chimera was probably the worst...because of the adds...not even him. You can get away with whirl-LS-whirl-LS over and over until the main add is left.

I took one run at Shaper this season and get him down to 50% but the area was messy and full of vortex shit. I didn't try Uber Atziri this season. I also did not buy anything expensive (at whatever time I bought it). I think I got lazy and bought the amulet for 2.5ex which was a minor upgrade from what I had previously. Everything else was 1ex or under or I found it.
Last edited by Say_Ten on Nov 7, 2017, 10:22:49 AM
Hi, I just wanted to thank you for this awesome built! Its so much fun. I hope you will update the thread when patch 3.1.0 arrives if necessary. :)
"
Xzandro wrote:
Hi, I just wanted to thank you for this awesome built! Its so much fun. I hope you will update the thread when patch 3.1.0 arrives if necessary. :)

probably going to take this season off, but i will absolutely update it
Please post another update for 3.1.0 as I have my eye on this for a brother build to my own Ice Cold Killer
Hi all. First of all, I'd like to give my thanks to Say_Ten for the awesome build he has here. Gave me a lot of fun this season for the small time I played it and I will use it again today (from patch notes I don't see major changes to this build in the tree but soon will find out) with my new character.
This is my first post here in the foruns since started playing (on and off, mostly off) four years ago. Just a guy without much time just looking for a fun game to play basically (only got to do T4 maps at most since drops were very bad). Will wait like a little excited kid for the revamped build. Again thanks and take care.
not looking like any major changes needed here. i'm probably taking this season off but i will be monitoring my build posts.
Thanks for the update, Say_Ten. You are a prince. Looking forward to using this in 3.1.
Not an experienced builder, but is there a reason why you get all that dexterity from Fangs of the Viper to right by Aspect of the Lynx in the passive tree instead of going along the outside until the life or frenzy charges? It would save 2 passive points, unless I'm not seeing something else

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info