[3.5] Say_Ten's Melee Shadow - Murder Everything Cheaply

how to deal with big ass pack of mobs?

Dual strike is single target only right? do i lightning strike everything down? and dual strike only for boss?

I Am leveling with lightning strike only atm
Dude, I'm loving this build. Works just as good in 3.1 as it did in 3.0. One of the cheapest builds I've seen and i didn't pay a scroll for the BoR, got it FREE off of someone because I didn't have the currency to buy it (I'm poor I know). But again, Say_Ten, I absolutely love this build, it has the damage and sustain I was looking for, although I die a time or 2 here and there to stupid things but other than that, great build! I changed up the weapons to 2 of Mortem Morsu, Fright Claws for increased Chaos damage and tons of Physical Damage.

Last edited by Traylon on Dec 10, 2017, 2:19:33 PM
"
Challenger1_ wrote:
Not an experienced builder, but is there a reason why you get all that dexterity from Fangs of the Viper to right by Aspect of the Lynx in the passive tree instead of going along the outside until the life or frenzy charges? It would save 2 passive points, unless I'm not seeing something else

while leveling, you can add and remove certain nodes (like 5% life ones) but still have access to what you want. you can't do that from the right side of the life nodes and then it makes getting the other nodes (see below) more time consuming.

revenge of the hunted and claws of the pride were nodes that i started taking due to total efficiency. so that's the main reason, assuming you have enough passives.
"
IAmSoGoodLol wrote:
how to deal with big ass pack of mobs?

Dual strike is single target only right? do i lightning strike everything down? and dual strike only for boss?

I Am leveling with lightning strike only atm

Deal with them via dual strike and multistrike until you get down by the ranger area and get Might and Influence. Otherwise, yes, LS is generally better for pack clearing, especially while leveling.
"
Traylon wrote:
Dude, I'm loving this build. Works just as good in 3.1 as it did in 3.0. One of the cheapest builds I've seen and i didn't pay a scroll for the BoR, got it FREE off of someone because I didn't have the currency to buy it (I'm poor I know). But again, Say_Ten, I absolutely love this build, it has the damage and sustain I was looking for, although I die a time or 2 here and there to stupid things but other than that, great build! I changed up the weapons to 2 of Mortem Morsu, Fright Claws for increased Chaos damage and tons of Physical Damage.

kick ass bro. are you going with deadly/toxic ascendancy on top of that?
Alright, I played with this build to Tier 15 maps and it's still great. I really recommend to use a Bloodseeker in main hand. According to the wiki:
"
When a Bloodseeker is equipped in the main hand and using skills that attacks with both hands, such as Dual Strike, the leech will be instant for both weapons.

And it helps A LOT, especially now that instant leech is rare. You cant really die in other ways than oneshots.

Besides that, buy an Abyss belt. Cheap and you can socket it with an Abyss jewel (for even more life). You would need a Murderous Eye Jewel if you want claw modifiers.
Last edited by Xzandro on Dec 11, 2017, 6:51:33 PM
"
Xzandro wrote:
Alright, I played with this build to Tier 15 maps and it's still great. I really recommend to use a Bloodseeker in main hand. According to the wiki:
"
When a Bloodseeker is equipped in the main hand and using skills that attacks with both hands, such as Dual Strike, the leech will be instant for both weapons.

And it helps A LOT, especially now that instant leech is rare. You cant really die in other ways than oneshots.

Besides that, buy an Abyss belt. Cheap and you can socket it with an Abyss jewel (for even more life). You would need a Murderous Eye Jewel if you want claw modifiers.

I'll have to check the Abyss stuff out eventually. Just seriously need a break from the game.

Did you plug any of that into PoB to see what the life/sec recovery rate is? I always found that based on the small hits, you would still be better off with the LGoH claws with the fast attack speed. Plus then you can run no leech maps if you need to as well.
"
Say_Ten wrote:

I'll have to check the Abyss stuff out eventually. Just seriously need a break from the game.

Did you plug any of that into PoB to see what the life/sec recovery rate is? I always found that based on the small hits, you would still be better off with the LGoH claws with the fast attack speed. Plus then you can run no leech maps if you need to as well.

Life Leech / On Hit Rate: 6059

without I have maybe... 1k. So it should be worth it for now. I dont know about Guardians, Shaper etc. Maybe you need to switch out for more damage.
Last edited by Xzandro on Dec 12, 2017, 1:47:43 PM
The new Oskarm unique gloves look like an option for this build. Free Curse on Hit + Assassin's Mark opens up a couple of gem slots so you don't have to run unset rings for Blood Rage and Vaal Haste. Plus, the mark applies to all your hits and not just Lightning Strike.
Meh, I dont think the gloves provide enough and that you are probably better off with nice rolled rare gloves. Especially for life, phys dmg, attack speed and resistences. You need to handle those really well if you play with BoR.
Last edited by Xzandro on Dec 13, 2017, 3:31:46 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info