[3.5] Say_Ten's Melee Shadow - Murder Everything Cheaply

"
Unien wrote:
Woah! Thank you!
I've jumped up to almost 5200 life and that extra point (and a level) helped me to reach over 170k without flasks and fully charged.
I've also changed the crappy jewel in the bottom slot, but improvements are expensive (what's going on with this league's prices?)

Tried Atziri again. 5 portals left.
She obliterated me.
Its all fine when she's alone and in the heal phase, but when she splits I die.
I think it's a matter of sucking at tactics and the fact that aaaaall this time I hadn't realized my cwdt wasn't working because I had overleveled the gems... Gotta try again today if I manage to get another midnight fragment.

Btw. Finally got a useful enchant for head in the form of 25% damage to LS. what do you think? Should I keep it for now or keep pushing for the dual strike one?

Edit: I have to agree with you with flurry. I've tried it a couple of times levelling and in end game and it works, but it feels... weird

Excellent.

Atziri shouldn't be obliterating you. You need to get good at moving around. Also when she copies herself, don't hit the one with the mirror, because that reflects 100% of your damage back to you. Not sure if you've researched that fight at all. She also reflects curses so I would swap enfeeble or whatever curse you are using with a spell on CWDT if you can. Something like arctic breath.

I would buy a 2nd BoR, potentially one with better rolls than your current one, or at least equal, and use enchants on that one so you can continue to use the LS buff for now. Then, if you luck out, good job.
"
Willsen123 wrote:
"
Say_Ten wrote:

there is a ton of life to get. there are three you should take immediately right underneath vaal pact (4%, 4%, 8%). there are 4% life and evasion nodes by the Ranger start point. there are two jewel sockets that you won't put Might and Influence in...and each jewel socket can have up to 7% life. there is a really awesome node surrounded by all 5% nodes by the scion life wheel. believe me. you could probably have 6500 life if you wanted to sacrifice damage and get more life on gear.

i don't use VP because i like to use blood rage to get frenzy charges to clear trash in maps. i wouldn't want to risk the degen of blood rage with no life regen. plus you're having a tough enough time with a life pool as it is now. so i would use VP and ditch blood rage, or ditch VP and use blood rage (once you get all the regen nodes). keep in mind if you are using life gain on hit claws, you're not leeching anyway.

for more LS focus, i would probably head to Forces of Nature, Primeval Force, Piercing Shots/Pierce, and maybe Fury Bolts. everything else can pretty much stay the same

i have changed some points in the tree ... less dmg and more life and i'm now at 5.269. i dropped VP out and use again bloodrage. i also changed herald of ash with Blasphemy+ Warlords Mark for more survivability.
mapping (t10 actual) is realy fun with this build... alot of action and SPLASH.

But unfortunately you have to be really careful and in case of mistakes, you usually die.
and its frustrating when bosses one shot you .. especially unknown ones. and i hate rare devourer.

I think my jewels are still crap and I must also look for better claws ... but all the good stuff is realy expensive. I try to level further and hope for good dropps :-)
Do you still have tips for me? And which items should I work on first?

thx for your help :)

You don't have assassin's mark linked to curse on hit with lightning strike. fix that so you have a pseudo ranged attack that gives you power charges. put faster attacks on whirling blades. it'll help you escape bad situations. follow the guide on the skill gems...

also, not sure if you are running bad maps but it takes time to learn the game and the map bosses for each map so you know what mods are dangerous on them.

as far as gear, maybe a BoR with more life, but definitely better weapons.
"
Summerhood wrote:
Hey Say_Ten Absolutely love the build
and the fact you so good with replying!
been trying push it the the absolute extreme,
can you give me what feedback you'd run as your 6th link
as I'm using body armour and what else I could change
to get the most out of it!

thanks very much

The 100 life from the helm is nice along with the evasion. If you wanted more insane damage, you could put on a Rat's Nest. OR, you could run Abyssus with a 6L Lightning Coil.

IMO your jewelry is kinda meh compared to your weapons and armor (and belt). Particularly the rings. There are better bases out there if you don't want to use unset rings (which I would) to rock blood rage and vaal haste by themselves. Amulet is fine...could use Blessed orbs on it til you had a better implicit roll. I like my amulets to be DPS focused though. Lot of flat phys and life as prefixes and then solid crit multi as the main suffix with either two resists or a resist and crit chance as the other two suffixes. Rings pretty much the same, except you may need INT and Accuracy on them (or one on each).

Can't see your tree to see how much you invested in leech, but hopefully a lot with those gloves!
"
gunfromsako wrote:
OK....so im curious why we are using immortal call, nothing in the build seems to generate endurance charge for us to utilize it. Frenzy from blood rage and power from assassins mark. I dont think ive ever generated an endurance charge.

prevents you from being two-shot by something stupid, such as porcupine spikes when you don't have a lot of life. with increased duration maxed out, its noticeable. you CAN get endurance charges from blocking with the BoR, but they nerfed the shit ouf of it.

you can try working without the IC setup. in fact, i keep forgetting to set it up, but one thing that should work extremely well is phase run. i'll try it out again today.
"
NickC wrote:
Not sure where I went wrong. My damage seems to be very low. Level 84, 3800hp, capped resist, but only 82k dual strike and 70k lightning.

Please take a look and advise. Also I just started playing this game less than 3 weeks ago.

Ducks is correct. Reset the skill gems according to the guide.

also your jewelry has no flat physical damage on it, that will crank the DPS.

As far as life, need to find better gear with better rolls on it, incrementally.
"
As far as life, need to find better gear with better rolls on it, incrementally.

Thanks for the info from both of you.

Fixed my gems and switched up the jewelry.

123k and 41k with hatred, herald, blood rage, and the stacks of frenzy & power.

Anything else I seem to be missing?
"
NickC wrote:
"

Thanks for the info from both of you.

Fixed my gems and switched up the jewelry.

123k and 41k with hatred, herald, blood rage, and the stacks of frenzy & power.

Anything else I seem to be missing?

If you're just looking for more DPS, claws with a higher base crit chance will do it. Try to search for rare life on hit (or gemini) claws with 1.75aps, 240pdps, 7.5crit as minimum stats...should be pretty cheap. you can raise the pdps number if you want but once you hit ~280 things will start to get more expensive.
Is it me or have claws' price skyrocketed as of lately?
Its depressing :(
"
Unien wrote:
Is it me or have claws' price skyrocketed as of lately?
Its depressing :(

they have, but at the same time, you can still get solid endgame claws relatively cheaply. you don't need anything extremely expensive.
So far, I really liked the build. But now in endgame, I really have some issues on t13+ maps. I almost die in 2 hits (well obvsly since it's not a max hp build), and my dmg ain't enough to kill overgrown shrine bosses. It took me almost 10mins to kite/dmg both bosses on 50%, but then I received 2 crits same time and wasted my last tp...

What am I doing wrong? Anything I might have to improve on gear or skilltree?

Best,

Bob

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info