[3.5] Say_Ten's Melee Shadow - Murder Everything Cheaply

"
Yuzaha wrote:
I might be completely blind but is there an ascendancy skill guide since I can't seem to find it :(
Thanks in advance for the help.

Yeah, there is a spoiler for ascendancy

You can do it in whatever order you want...doesn't really matter. I usually do the power charge chain last.
"
Hello, first of all thank you for the guide! I am a new player, I've just started playing this game less than a week ago so I have very little knowledge of the game and am learning as I go.

My question is when should I expect to be able to get all the skills as mentioned in the guide? Currently I'm at level 44 and just finished Act 4. I have most of the gems, but the support gems are not complete yet. Levelling has been pretty straightforward so far and my first real death came from the Dominus fight. I do find that my hp drops really fast in boss fights but that's also partly because I haven't figured out the fight mechanics really well yet. I'm also pretty much clueless on levelling gear and just mix it up as I'm going along.

So to sum it up,

1. At what level should I be able to fully follow the skillset of the this guide?

2. Do you mind taking a peek at my character and pointing me in the right direction of what to do or not to do?

Thanks very much and cheers!

I would focus more on equipment stats at your level than on spending currency to get the right colors/links on gear

As far as getting the actual skill gems, there are a bunch of ways (quest rewards, NPC vendors, trading with players, etc).

At level ~44, I would say it would be nice to have at least a 3L clearing skill and at least a 2L single target skill but 4L and 3L respectively would obviously be better.

So right now, I would get rid of melee splash for dual strike and add melee physical. Use that for single targets/strong enemies/bosses.

Then in your gloves you can do frost blades, multistrike (so it starts auto targeting) and then any blue damage gem would be fine. you can use added lightning, say.

use herald of purity instead of herald of ash

if you can mess with gem positions, attach another faster attacks to whirling blades.

your weapons are piss. if you have a couple of chaos or probably even less, pick up 2x mortem morsu (unique claw) and you will own shit.

also trade with someone to buy a might and influence unique jewel (get a max roll at 15%) and put that where you have that one unique jewel now. you can vendor that other shit. this way you now also have splash damage on dual strike.

sorrow of the divine flask isnt doing anything for you because it regenerates energy shield instead of life. the damage boost is nice if you just want to use it for that. you shouldn't need a mana flask anymore but that's up to you. you're gonna need a (any) flask with anti-bleed on it as well.

if you can get to a 4L/3L for now, it'll probably be good enough until you get to put on the bringer of rain TBH
"
Say_Ten wrote:
"
Hello, first of all thank you for the guide! I am a new player, I've just started playing this game less than a week ago so I have very little knowledge of the game and am learning as I go.

My question is when should I expect to be able to get all the skills as mentioned in the guide? Currently I'm at level 44 and just finished Act 4. I have most of the gems, but the support gems are not complete yet. Levelling has been pretty straightforward so far and my first real death came from the Dominus fight. I do find that my hp drops really fast in boss fights but that's also partly because I haven't figured out the fight mechanics really well yet. I'm also pretty much clueless on levelling gear and just mix it up as I'm going along.

So to sum it up,

1. At what level should I be able to fully follow the skillset of the this guide?

2. Do you mind taking a peek at my character and pointing me in the right direction of what to do or not to do?

Thanks very much and cheers!

I would focus more on equipment stats at your level than on spending currency to get the right colors/links on gear

As far as getting the actual skill gems, there are a bunch of ways (quest rewards, NPC vendors, trading with players, etc).

At level ~44, I would say it would be nice to have at least a 3L clearing skill and at least a 2L single target skill but 4L and 3L respectively would obviously be better.

So right now, I would get rid of melee splash for dual strike and add melee physical. Use that for single targets/strong enemies/bosses.

Then in your gloves you can do frost blades, multistrike (so it starts auto targeting) and then any blue damage gem would be fine. you can use added lightning, say.

use herald of purity instead of herald of ash

if you can mess with gem positions, attach another faster attacks to whirling blades.

your weapons are piss. if you have a couple of chaos or probably even less, pick up 2x mortem morsu (unique claw) and you will own shit.

also trade with someone to buy a might and influence unique jewel (get a max roll at 15%) and put that where you have that one unique jewel now. you can vendor that other shit. this way you now also have splash damage on dual strike.

sorrow of the divine flask isnt doing anything for you because it regenerates energy shield instead of life. the damage boost is nice if you just want to use it for that. you shouldn't need a mana flask anymore but that's up to you. you're gonna need a (any) flask with anti-bleed on it as well.

if you can get to a 4L/3L for now, it'll probably be good enough until you get to put on the bringer of rain TBH

Thanks for the tips, I'll make some adjustments and try it out. But I'm not sure how to get the unique claws. By chaos do you mean chaos orbs? Use them on a rare claw? Please forgive the noob questions I still haven't figured out how this game really works.

edit: Nvm I think you meant trade. Just got it.
Last edited by Schizophrenica on Oct 4, 2018, 12:14:33 PM
"

yeah unless you are playing solo self found (SSF), it's faster to just use the trade search function to find people selling stuff really cheap. grinding for a specific item or really good items is time consuming. especially this late in the season, everything should be really cheap.
"
Say_Ten wrote:
"

yeah unless you are playing solo self found (SSF), it's faster to just use the trade search function to find people selling stuff really cheap. grinding for a specific item or really good items is time consuming. especially this late in the season, everything should be really cheap.

Trade is surprisingly easy. Thanks again!
is this build also possible as a slayer? i mean, instant life leech, overleech, permanently increased dps because we are leeching all the time

so you could also play with 2 swords for example. since i got 2 350pdps swords, i would rather play with them instead of using claws and spend currency for them.
Last edited by oranyy on Oct 5, 2018, 2:14:47 PM
Sorry if this question already been asked before but how do you use vaal haste and hatred at the same time, im just start playing for like a week so sorry if this is nub question
"
cyberdark wrote:
Sorry if this question already been asked before but how do you use vaal haste and hatred at the same time, im just start playing for like a week so sorry if this is nub question

Hatred is an active aura.
You don't need the haste aura. You only should use the Vaal skill, that gives +% speed for some time.
Last edited by crown_is_heavy on Oct 8, 2018, 9:39:30 PM
"
"
cyberdark wrote:

You don't need the grace aura. You only should use the Vaal skill, that gives +% dodge for some time.

Er weird, since i follow the guide and in the skill part, he said he use vaal haste at the end so i just ask if i can use both hatred and vaal haste at the same time
"
cyberdark wrote:
"
"
cyberdark wrote:

You don't need the grace aura. You only should use the Vaal skill, that gives +% dodge for some time.

Er weird, since i follow the guide and in the skill part, he said he use vaal haste at the end so i just ask if i can use both hatred and vaal haste at the same time

I messed up vaal grace and vaal haste, but I was correct.
Vaal skill gives you two skills - normal and vaal version. You need to use only vaal skill.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info