[3.5] Say_Ten's Melee Shadow - Murder Everything Cheaply

So I've been working with this build, and got to lvl 79. Then I took off the BoR, added Belly (only a 5L) and Abyssus, switched out my ToA for a Bloodseeker, and got the Shaper gloves, and suddenly i'm getting one-shotted in low level maps.

Can someone take a look and give me a pointer as to where I mis-stepped?
"
weisenheimer wrote:
So I've been working with this build, and got to lvl 79. Then I took off the BoR, added Belly (only a 5L) and Abyssus, switched out my ToA for a Bloodseeker, and got the Shaper gloves, and suddenly i'm getting one-shotted in low level maps.

Can someone take a look and give me a pointer as to where I mis-stepped?

Example of your tree at lvl 79
Example of your tree at lvl 82
Example of your tree at lvl 90

Pastebin for it (for Path of Building):
https://pastebin.com/H2vgkFqN - 79
https://pastebin.com/aham2EFN - 82
https://pastebin.com/M31m5pUU - 90

Use Starkonja's Head instead of this trash. Find Taste of Hate instead of second life flask. If ToH is too expensive for you use Quartz / Stibnite / Onslaught instead. Craft instant Divine life flaks with anti-freezing. You play standart. You can buy anything almost for free.

Link Whirling Blades with Fortify, remove Increased Critical Strikes from it. Change stone golem for ice golem. Vigilant strike is good if you actually use it, but remove fortify support, it doesn't make any sense. Remove melee physical damage support from Frost Blades for Multistrike, you also remove curse on hit setup for hypothermia and elemental damage support.

You don't know how skill gems work. You have two CWDT + curse links and both of them don't work. I think you should read the guide one more time. I mean holy shit Say_Ten said like 3 times in his guide about keeping CWDT at low lvl and explained how this gem should be linked. You don't have a defensive curse just because your Enfeeble requires 62 lvl meanwhile lvl 10 CWDT supports gems level 56 or lower.
Last edited by crown_is_heavy on May 28, 2018, 2:07:19 AM
Thanks, Crown, that's exactly what I needed. I followed your advice, and just strolled through a tier 2 blue map. Didn't notice any fluctuation in either life or mana.
"
weisenheimer wrote:
Thanks, Crown, that's exactly what I needed. I followed your advice, and just strolled through a tier 2 blue map. Didn't notice any fluctuation in either life or mana.

You can use only one curse without items / ascendancy. Say_Ten uses 2 curses because one is offensive (curse on hit - assassin's mark), which is active while clearing. Second one is defensive (Enfeeble), which is getting triggered by Cast When Damage Taken. That's why your second CWDT still doesn't work. You have two curses, which are getting triggered at the same time.
Blood Rage shouldn't be linked with CWDT gem, phase run is full trash never use this gem. Remove every skill gem from your helmet. Put Increased Duration - Vaal Grace - Ancestral Warchief - Vaal Haste/Enduring Cry/second Vaal Grace in it. Remove stone golem, use Herald of Ash instead. You don't need minion speed, so just put Blood Rage.

Make sure you follow trees, which I linked in the previous message. I don't advise you any shit. I probably have some regrets orb if you need it.
Last edited by crown_is_heavy on May 29, 2018, 9:42:36 AM
Well, I had to modify what I did, as I had too many red sockets and not enough chromes to reset them all. So I added faster casting support to the helmet instead of vaal haste, and put in minion damage support. I got blood rage into an unlinked socket on my chest.

The only deviation from the specced out tree that I now have is that I took the socket right above Blood Drinker instead of grabbing Strong Arm (where I have Might and Influence), and that I took a +30 int passive which I can't afford to take out.

About to give it a try, can't wait!
"
weisenheimer wrote:
not enough chromes to reset them all.

You can dm me for it.
Hey say_ten, I wanted to use this guide as a stater SSF on incursion and I got a question.

Can you use daggers while leveling or are claws necessary until late game when you can get enough life leech and defensive stats from gear?
Since I'll be trying SSF i won't have access to any uniques nor can I trade so I was wondering if daggers are still viable.
"
Hey say_ten, I wanted to use this guide as a stater SSF on incursion and I got a question.

Can you use daggers while leveling or are claws necessary until late game when you can get enough life leech and defensive stats from gear?
Since I'll be trying SSF i won't have access to any uniques nor can I trade so I was wondering if daggers are still viable.

I can answer this!!!! ~ Say_ten says that Daggers are super good but are more expensive than claws, greetings.
"
TeL_ wrote:
SSF

"
toutlavie92 wrote:
Daggers are super good but are more expensive

Nice answer xDD
"
TeL_ wrote:

In previous league i killed the shaper and atziri with daggers, so its rly possible

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info