[3.5] Say_Ten's Melee Shadow - Murder Everything Cheaply

"
spazzo246 wrote:
Is there anything I can sub out Multistrike for boss killing with adds? Multistrike keeps hitting the adds not the boss and it makes fights last too long.

Any alternatives?

You should be hitting everything with Might & Influence in your skill tree, which is good for life on hit/leech.

If you absolutely don't want to hit anything other than one target, you could use Maim or Added Fire.
"
zorgmeister wrote:
Hi OP and all assassins here.

I'm a former casual player, returning after 3 years to this game and i have to admit i totally love the game now, and this is the build i went for as my first after such a long time.

Currently just starting maps at lvl 73, and i would really appreciate some high level pointers or some sort of a top o priority in what to change/invest.

As details, i get to up of 50k dps fully buffed, 18k unbuffed. I feel the dmg is quite strong, with some beast exceptions that are tanky AF :P

However i know i should get more life and rezists but i dunno which of my items are good as they are or should be changed at the moment :(

Also i can't seem to understand and make worth/work of CWDT efficiently.

I'm playing SSF so everything is found or self made, but i reached a point where the complexity of the skills and items stats priority is kinda defeating me and i'm feeling rather lost, i have even difficulties sometimes deciding on what's worth picking up from the ground :))

Only died at the final story boss like 18 times :D and in maps i go through either with 0 either with 4-6 deaths at the bosses or unique mobs.

I would really appreciate any suggestions/pointers.

Big up!

https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/zorgmeister/characters

If you're SSF, there aren't too many easy options other than grinding safely for passives while looking for gear in the meantime. I would ID a lot more items than you might normally if you were playing in a regular league.

With Soul Raker, you don't need Wurm's Molt for mana...so unless you need the INT on it right now, I would go with a rare belt that has life and resists. You also don't need a mana flask or a hybrid flask.

You could 4L your surgebinders to get you better colors for FB or DS. You could also try to chrome your chest a bit and/or chaos it to get better stats (not sure what the ilvl is though).

Your second jewel socket should be a rare jewel. you can find any jewel (generally better off to start with a viridian or crimson) and alt/aug it (scour first if you have to, if its rare) and then regal slam for a good 3rd stat.

At your level you don't even need to run maps for xp. just run blue T1-5 maps for the atlas bonus and make sure the mods are easy. good luck.
"
I would like some help as well.
Currently at lvl 60 with double claws as weapons.
I have about 2.5k normal dps and 8.9k skill dps (12k on dual strike but im using lightning strike for the reach atm).
My defence is horribly low though, i get oneshot quite often by bosses.
Im using elements of purity to get my resists a bit higher but it doesn't seem to help that much.

any tips on what I should work at?

get 2x wasp nest

get might and influence

get wurm's molt for now

your gear is pretty bad. somewhat surprised you made it this far with that lol. the two items above, alone, will help you crush shit pretty hard. you need more life on jewelry. try to work on one piece a time following my gear guide. you can find ridiculous upgrades from what you have for 1c or less.
"
StIcKeRzZ94 wrote:
I'm at a point that I'm waiting to upgrade my claws to 400 pdps which may be a while and I saw that you said that you could upgrade the gloves to atziri's acuity. This would mean I'd have to shift my resistances to my amulet and lose out on the attack speed for the vaal pact. Is the cost worth the upgrade at this point or should I just save up?

hard for me to say since i can't see your gear...
"
Say_Ten wrote:
"
I would like some help as well.
Currently at lvl 60 with double claws as weapons.
I have about 2.5k normal dps and 8.9k skill dps (12k on dual strike but im using lightning strike for the reach atm).
My defence is horribly low though, i get oneshot quite often by bosses.
Im using elements of purity to get my resists a bit higher but it doesn't seem to help that much.

any tips on what I should work at?

get 2x wasp nest

get might and influence

get wurm's molt for now

your gear is pretty bad. somewhat surprised you made it this far with that lol. the two items above, alone, will help you crush shit pretty hard. you need more life on jewelry. try to work on one piece a time following my gear guide. you can find ridiculous upgrades from what you have for 1c or less.

Oh wow lol I thought I was crushing mobs as I could easily clear everything. Just me defence seemed weak. I had another claw yesterday with 44 life on bit but I swapped it out because of the one handed sword I found. I'll try out your suggested items when I'm back.
"
Say_Ten wrote:
"
zorgmeister wrote:
Hi OP and all assassins here.

I'm a former casual player, returning after 3 years to this game and i have to admit i totally love the game now, and this is the build i went for as my first after such a long time.

Currently just starting maps at lvl 73, and i would really appreciate some high level pointers or some sort of a top o priority in what to change/invest.

As details, i get to up of 50k dps fully buffed, 18k unbuffed. I feel the dmg is quite strong, with some beast exceptions that are tanky AF :P

However i know i should get more life and rezists but i dunno which of my items are good as they are or should be changed at the moment :(

Also i can't seem to understand and make worth/work of CWDT efficiently.

I'm playing SSF so everything is found or self made, but i reached a point where the complexity of the skills and items stats priority is kinda defeating me and i'm feeling rather lost, i have even difficulties sometimes deciding on what's worth picking up from the ground :))

Only died at the final story boss like 18 times :D and in maps i go through either with 0 either with 4-6 deaths at the bosses or unique mobs.

I would really appreciate any suggestions/pointers.

Big up!

https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/zorgmeister/characters

If you're SSF, there aren't too many easy options other than grinding safely for passives while looking for gear in the meantime. I would ID a lot more items than you might normally if you were playing in a regular league.

With Soul Raker, you don't need Wurm's Molt for mana...so unless you need the INT on it right now, I would go with a rare belt that has life and resists. You also don't need a mana flask or a hybrid flask.

You could 4L your surgebinders to get you better colors for FB or DS. You could also try to chrome your chest a bit and/or chaos it to get better stats (not sure what the ilvl is though).

Your second jewel socket should be a rare jewel. you can find any jewel (generally better off to start with a viridian or crimson) and alt/aug it (scour first if you have to, if its rare) and then regal slam for a good 3rd stat.

At your level you don't even need to run maps for xp. just run blue T1-5 maps for the atlas bonus and make sure the mods are easy. good luck.

Thank you so much! i thought you were off this week :D glad you took the time to answer <3

forgot about soul raker, you're right with the wurm's molt <3
the flasks are difficult for me, i just aimed to have some to clear freeze and curses, i don't know of the blue flasks what other types wouuld suit me better.

The thing with FB and DS, is that at the moment i find it safer to main FB, as with DS i have to stay in more melee range which currently is very dangerous for me. I followed your build with multistrike and faster atacks it does wonders, the other support gems are just what i found usefull, now i'm a little confused which to link for the best results

The jewel, i totally forgot about it, defo must change second one, ty for advice <3

yeah, making levels currently 1lvl every 6 hours because of deaths in maps, but i gotta git gut!.

Cheerios!

lv80
+4k5 hp
+all res 75%
+dual strike 140k dmg (with buff)
+crit multi 440%
+crit chance 85% (with 3 PC)
+Atziri Acuity

Does it Shaper viable ??
Im nearly to death when i face to face the boss, should i use warlock mark ?
Last edited by o__DEMIGOD__o on Mar 20, 2018, 12:44:49 PM
"
zorgmeister wrote:

Thank you so much! i thought you were off this week :D glad you took the time to answer <3

forgot about soul raker, you're right with the wurm's molt <3
the flasks are difficult for me, i just aimed to have some to clear freeze and curses, i don't know of the blue flasks what other types wouuld suit me better.

The thing with FB and DS, is that at the moment i find it safer to main FB, as with DS i have to stay in more melee range which currently is very dangerous for me. I followed your build with multistrike and faster atacks it does wonders, the other support gems are just what i found usefull, now i'm a little confused which to link for the best results

The jewel, i totally forgot about it, defo must change second one, ty for advice <3

yeah, making levels currently 1lvl every 6 hours because of deaths in maps, but i gotta git gut!.

Cheerios!

just got back yesterday...

any of the utility flasks will be better than mana flasks for you. read my flask guide. if you don't find a rumi's, just use a granite or jade (or both). you should use a stibnite and a basalt for sure though. ideally single life flask and the 4 mentioned above.
"
o__DEMIGOD__o wrote:
lv80
+4k5 hp
+all res 75%
+dual strike 140k dmg (with buff)
+crit multi 440%
+crit chance 85% (with 3 PC)
+Atziri Acuity

Does it Shaper viable ??
Im nearly to death when i face to face the boss, should i use warlock mark ?

with only 4500 life you will have to be a superstar dodger of things and timing of things or just wait til you get more life. you might want to bring multiple life flasks instead of some other ones because you'll run out of charges quickly too. i would stick with enfeeble for CWDT and if you really want to chrome your shit to use warlord's mark for your CoH setup, you could, but honestly i would maybe just use other skills like maim and some other debuffer. not even sure you can actually maim that fucker.

i don't change too much crap on my build. i like cruise control.

TLDR: get more life
Oh sorry, thought I made it public. Should be able to see my gear now.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info