[3.5] Say_Ten's Melee Shadow - Murder Everything Cheaply

"
muyaman wrote:
"
nds2 wrote:
YOu say that you use Touch of Anguish for lighting strike does that mean i should socket this skill in the claw?
And overall when do i use Lighting Strike and when do I use Dual Strike?

I bought 2 Wasp Nest is it okay to use these 2 claws until i get decent Rare claws or should I buy Touch of Anguish when I hit 68?

Touch of anguish allows for chaining your Lightning Strike...and also, generates power and frenzy charges allbeit, that it is a chance. Worth the investment IMHO!
I did change to Frost blade though, instead of Lightning strike. Seems to clear better

Should I use 1 Wasp and 1 Anguish til i get a god rare claw?
"
nds2 wrote:

Should I use 1 Wasp and 1 Anguish til i get a god rare claw?

Yes. Since Anguish is a bit expensive atm, I'd start with Wasp nest and find a suitable cheap 2nd option from there. Maybe a cheap rare at least 200PDPS with attack speed or something. Anguish is nice but these current prices are a bit rip, maybe next week it'll be great
Would this build also be effecient in farming uberlab?

Thanks
I think it clears fine, and should clear even better after ascendancy buffs. Although my own guy near the end was getting close to decked out, sans insane weps, so he had a great time. If you're lazy on upgrading gear or aiming for truly decent damage mods, you may fall short compared to other builds (although less so in 3.2, class buffs are bueno)

Enjoying this build again so far. I heavily miss gg ez strong abyss gear that flooded the market and made building cheaper but the class itself feels way better.
Last edited by _DMG_ on Mar 5, 2018, 1:18:06 AM
You say this in "Skills".

Dual Strike - Melee Physical Damage - Multistrike - Faster Attacks - Increased Critical Damage - Ruthless

When you finally put the BoR on, use Dual Strike - Multistrike - Increased Critical Damage - Ruthless

I suppose this is a boss configuration mode, to do maps I suppose you use melee splash, but what gem you change for it?... Thanks...
"
Madasan wrote:
You say this in "Skills".

Dual Strike - Melee Physical Damage - Multistrike - Faster Attacks - Increased Critical Damage - Ruthless

When you finally put the BoR on, use Dual Strike - Multistrike - Increased Critical Damage - Ruthless

I suppose this is a boss configuration mode, to do maps I suppose you use melee splash, but what gem you change for it?... Thanks...

You don't use a melee splash gem because of the jewel you use in the build already gives melee splash WITH some added bonuses, it was added in Version 3.0 (iirc) and has been huge towards this build. (Jewel being called Might and Influence Viridian Jewel, goes for pretty cheap so if not playing SSF it should be a breeze to acquire.)
"
Ishkabibble wrote:
Say_Ten

Using your build this season, only lvl 29 so far and having a blast.

Question: One of your early skill selections from all of your sample trees = "sleight of hand"?

Being this is a Dual Wield build --> Why the two points to get sleight of hand?

An easy 2 point respect to "Poisonous Fangs" or other options might be better for the build overall.

my $0.02

Regardless - I love the build.

Ish

dual wielding is a state of wielding two one-handed weapons. so we benefit from both of those types of things.
"
Olkay wrote:
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/3.1.1/AAAABAYBAAAGAdwDhwSxBS0F-QYgBqIMcw2ND6sQkhEvEdUUIBXwFfYWvxewF9wbrSM2I_Yk_SaVKCoqCy5TMHwxsDIyNZI2PUMxR35KfUqLTP9Nkk4qUEdRR1HZUxBVS1eXW69d8l8_YEFh4mHrYnlirGNwZU1sjG1sbztwUnSgdO11_XfjeA15aHpTeu97FH11hG-E2Yd2idOLT4w2jX2SgJOQlWaVzJd5mhebJp2qotmjiqZ_qW6wkrDYsbO1SLXyvG-9Nr6nwBrBBMFJyNzL9c9602_TftRC1FLYvdmG2sHcveRR5w_nVOd06NbrY-0_7UHuDu8O-WP8xf4d_rr_k__e

yeah its fine but you won't need that much mana leech. one of those nodes is fine, or just find a little bit on your gear (gloves, jewelry). that saves you two points there at least.
"
TheRealPatMa wrote:
Hey Say_Ten, love this build. I started this game in Abyss league and this was the most fun build I played so I decided to use it as a league starter this time.

One question I have is if we go with Frost Blade instead of Lightning Strike should we maybe run Wrath instead of Hatred? Without LS we lose lightning damage and this makes up for it. I'm still very new so just trying to figure out what might be best here.

no...both skills convert some phys to elemental but hatred scales off your phys with everything else so it's OP AF. feel free to try it out if you want but the only change that you might consider is HoI vs. HoA. I've always used Ash because the overkill damage is insane when you're doing this much damage and you get lots of AOE explosions going on. Ice might reach further with that though.
"
spazzo246 wrote:
Would this build also be effecient in farming uberlab?

Thanks

yes, i used to lab race with this build and do it in 6 minutes. whirling blades is insane and now we have the Opportunist ascendancy buffs.

since they made the lab a lot better (and easier with the all-positive darkshrine thing), i now will do full clears and find that it's always worth my time.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info