[2.2]AngryWeasel's Voltaxic LA Deadeye Ranger (Lvl100 Perandus HC)

Hello there and welcome to my Voltaxic Deadeye Ranger guide.

This is the first build I've successfully made it to a 100 with so you can say that I believe in it's capabilities!

Offensive:
These numbers is with 4 Frenzy charges and Blood rage activated. (That is with the gear listed in this guide)
44K 6L LA: LA-WED-GMP-AddedLight-Void-Critmulti (crit multi is the 6th link)
23K 5L Blast rain: BR-WED-Conc-AddedLight-Poison-Faster attacks (Poison can be removed if you can use Snakebite and Faster attacks is the 6L)

Defensive:
10K Evasion
46% Dodge
45% Spell Dodge
Arrow Dancing

Explanation about my defensive choices
My first character was also a Voltaxic but in that case I rolled a Duelist Champion which sadly died to some porcupines. So when I respecced my ranger I really wanted to make sure that it couldn't happen again so I went all out with Dodge & Arrow Dancing which means that I now can dance around huge packs of porcupines and maybe get hit by 1 of them if unlucky which felt great I might add. I also got extra spell dodge (Atziri's step) so in the end I had 46% dodge and 45% spell dodge and that is not all Since I ran a Vaal Grace that would be up 90% of the time I would have 75% dodge & Spell dodge which is really powerful It's a long time since I've felt that safe doing maps.

How my tree looked at lvl 100
My Lvl 100 Tree
Now there is a few things that can be changed around I took some chaos damage nodes A. to get a little bit of chaos resistance since I was at -60 and B. to get a bit of extra damage. Though if you are just looking for pure DPS 2 additional frenzy nodes will be the superior option also the projectile damage at the start of the ranger can also be traded in for the last frenzy charge.

Leveling:
The fastest way to level is probably with Storm Cloud which can easily carry you into maps so you can get the currency you need for the rest of the build. Other good leveling uniques that can be used with Storm Cloud is:
Wake of Destruction
Prismweave

Other than those uniques try and get as much flat elemental damage and WED on jewellery since that will scale your clear speed a lot.

Leveling tree:
Leveling Tree

Bandits:
Oak, Point, Kraitlyn

Ascendency:
Deadeye: Richocet & Far shot

Auras
Wrath & Artic Armour (Herald of Thunder can also be used this way you can generate power charges solo and you can also link it with blind/mana leech whichever suits your needs the best way)

Frenzy charge generation:
Blood rage is your goto for generating your frenzy charges.

Mana manegement:
For a 5L LA setup I used 1 +2 mana gained on hit jewel with a 6L i used 2 of those.

Video showing off the build:
Build Show off

Gear:
Spoiler
"I'm afraid if I stop drinking the cumulative hangover will kill me" ~ Sterling Archer
IGN: Angryweasel / PopTheWeasel
Last edited by Angryweasel on Apr 14, 2016, 1:30:31 AM
Last bumped on Feb 8, 2017, 5:31:54 AM
nice
MFJonesHC
Grats on 100!

Inc Crit Chance should be more DPS than Crit Dmg, with Volt's fairly low base crit. You're lacking crit damage on amulet and quiver though, so Inc Crit Dmg might be better for your gear setup.

Is poison really better than Void on BR?
"
aimlessgun wrote:
Grats on 100!

Inc Crit Chance should be more DPS than Crit Dmg, with Volt's fairly low base crit. You're lacking crit damage on amulet and quiver though, so Inc Crit Dmg might be better for your gear setup.

You have to factor in the Diamond flask when comparing crit chance to crit multi gem.

Poison is BIS for BR no doubt about it.
"I'm afraid if I stop drinking the cumulative hangover will kill me" ~ Sterling Archer
"
Angryweasel wrote:
"
aimlessgun wrote:
Grats on 100!

You have to factor in the Diamond flask when comparing crit chance to crit multi gem.

Is faster attacks better than void manipulation with voltaxic?
Hello, Nice build! Could you use a Lightning coil instead for the chest in this build?
"
bordillo wrote:
"
Angryweasel wrote:
"
aimlessgun wrote:
Grats on 100!

Is faster attacks better than void manipulation with voltaxic?

I would personally prefer the faster attacks though since I didnt have a 6l setup before I hit level 100 I never got around to testing it.
"
Deathstep69 wrote:
Hello, Nice build! Could you use a Lightning coil instead for the chest in this build?

Yes though getting ele weakness capped will be hard if you still wanna use snakebite & Atziri's step.
would u recommend 5L br or la first? also what do u use for mana regen?
IGN: hyrenfreak
Last edited by hyrenfreak on Mar 19, 2016, 8:50:19 AM
"
hyrenfreak wrote:
would u recommend 5L br or la first? also what do u use for mana regen?

5l LA first

I used 2 jewels when I had a 6l with +2 mana gained on hit and a little bit mana leech from the tree.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info