[2.2] Full Block Earthquake with Varunastra + Aegis (Gladiator)

"
Okanitu wrote:
"
Naerc wrote:
Playing a similar build since start of league, and picked up Varunastra & Aegis when I realized how well they synergize, considering how bad the clearspeed/dps with Aegis builds was in the past. I'm now clearing as quick as any other build and can easily run any map tier & mods. Even beaten Core Malachai on a "bricked core map" I bought for 15c yesterday.

Here's my current gear:
Spoiler

And here's more gear I used to wear:
Spoiler

Lastly, passive tree:
Spoiler
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAQCAAHnBLMFLQY5BosISQkzCiYLYQz3EuEUIBRNFPYVIBXsGJEZtBo-GlUblyDjIWAkmymlLOktgy5TL8wyTjboOzs8BTwtPQ89_ECgQT9BdEd-TUZQR1FgUeZW6FhjXz9f2mEhYuxlTWebaGVo8mzYcql07XTxdqx3U3k5eu982X7ig1-E2YTvhjuGs4rwjM-RzpSHnsWezZ_Ln9-iAKLqpzCplayvrj6vbK-nsty5HbvtvJ-9Nr54vqfAZsC_wYLEFcT2xq7KkM9-0TbTb9rB3Q3fsuCV4izkUelG6dXqGO8O73zwH_MG8932SPcy90346_uq_Es=?accountName=naerc&characterName=Wolkenbrecher

Isnt your life awful? It's got to be, you're about 53% less life on tree than the OP's build, and you're missing some life on gear as well. What are you...4.6k..5k at the max?

Edit: Softcore. Nvm.

Yes, sitting at 4.8k life and 1.9k ES.

Haven't died since level 90 when I ran uber a few times and messed up with unlucky flameblasts. I'm 95 now and have even beaten Core Malachai twice deathless. Next on the list is twinned. :)

Would totally play that build in HC, with that setup. Maybe switch out boots for life/str/armour/chaos res ones and go down to the life wheel instead of dmg nodes.

Only thing that really killed me before level 90 was poison/bleed (e.g. Village Ruin) & DD (lazy boxes/Poorjoys/Bameth).
Would love some help on critiquing my build from here - currently level 83 in PHC:

Sitting at 5300 life (should be 6k at level 90) and 500-600 ES.

In HO tooltip is only 24.7k which seems low but unsure where to grab more damage from besides the last 3 gem slots I am going to pick up.
You think running this build without Aegis will be fine until you get enough currency to afford it.(Running BoR setup)
"
JrFryta wrote:

you cant roll fracture on maps anymore since mod got removed from game (only rare from nemezis can have it)

about life leech: anvil and poachers made me never think about it. 1 life instant flask is enough too for me. did a lot of t12+ and never had problem with sustain against single targets (doing all mods beside phys reflect and bloodmagic)

Duh, forgot about fracture removal!
Even more reason to try the poachers setup then. The HoA prolif only really does much against fracture and sea witches.
Excellent, loving it. Currently Level 86
Cool build loving it so far. Will post will results
I know it's an inferior choice, but since I havent seen a suggestion yet, I'd like to ask. How well does Callinelus Malleus work for earthquake?
"
joel91 wrote:
I know it's an inferior choice, but since I havent seen a suggestion yet, I'd like to ask. How well does Callinelus Malleus work for earthquake?

It is ok, however Doryanis Catalyst is way better. Also you have to spec only into Mace nods and lose the benefit of nods like Deadly Dilettante and By the Blade when using Varunastra. Damage wise it's weaker.
Looking for some tips and suggestions how to improve my character.

I am level 89 with 5400 hp and 600 ES. My damage is 40k Would like to have more hp and more damage.
What would you guys suggest ? Btw I killed Atziri multiple times with this build without dying.

Tree
Last edited by MegaTen_IV on Apr 10, 2016, 2:18:58 PM
Hey guys, I have mana issues for single target (especially bosses)
What do I do?
Sitting at 22k dps atm which is low but only level 79

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info