I never want to play the labyrinth ever again.

"
sidtherat wrote:
"
allbusiness wrote:

You're gonna tell me that they just left Kaom Dream's mobs/Belly of The Beast Mobs as is because they just wanted them to one shot people in end game scenarios? Even after the nerf, Revenants can still one shot you under the right circumstances. And yes, before you go off on your tirade about how you're so good at the game, how about you go ahead and try and ghost bust a Revenant or a Rakango in like a 74+ map and see how that goes for you, especially if you are a non armor class.

Let's try to reply with something more then 'lolyourbad.' Thanks. Because if we want to play that game, I can play the 'you play standard like a scrub' card.

next time avoid stating your opinions as facts. because you know what? i see the 'monster strength' differently. you implied that your theory is a reason why ggg did what they did. in fact it is a product of your imagination you want to use to put your point across. it does not work that way.

act4 mobs are ok. in fact ill take 'ghosted revenant' over a pre 2.1 pack of white cannibals in a XX% damage added as element. that sh.. was and still is scary.

I'm like 99.9% sure that's actually what Chris stated on Reddit, but searching on Reddit is an absolute cluster fuck. Act 4 mobs were being left untouched because of future additions to the game.
"
Skellimancer wrote:
"
And1111 wrote:
this is how i felt after first lab run in phc: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VKcAYMb5uk4

This is me every run
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AN88tGvlwcU

exactly..
Also I don't want to do this labyrinth ever again.
They just put all the annoying bs from hc, that a sc player doesn't want to play, into that labyrinth.
Traps, oneshots, the reset on dieing, oh man i couldn't care less about all this masochism, i have put ascendancy on only 2 chars so far because of the hassle
Gives streamers & friends queue priority and leaves supporters who spent hundreds $ packs in the 100k queue.

GGG: Don't you guys follow streamers?
Last edited by ZaeN on Mar 20, 2016, 6:49:10 AM
"
How I would make the labyrinth not such a chore:

There's a great thread over on the World of Warcraft forums that was posted about a year ago - a few months after that game's newest expansion. The thread basically said that certain activities, even though they took very little time or effort to complete, acted as a drain on a player's enjoyment and their in-game 'stamina.' The more stamina these mundane activities consumed, the less time players spent playing the game. Which eventually led to a mass exodus of subscribers.

In PoE, there's very little in-game cost or stamina cost required to run maps or Dried Lake or even to level up a new character. There's a huge stamina cost to run the labyrinth. The time it takes to explore; knowing I can't screw up or have a lag spike or server disconnect; the traps and layouts designed to hinder speed and freedom of movement; the "mandatory" rewards locked behind a series of boss fights *on top* of its elaborate maze, traps, and locked doors ... These are all factors in the labyrinth's stamina costs. It makes me less likely to not only run the labyrinth, but to play other aspects of the game as well. And knowing I have to run the labyrinth at least three times for each new character compounds its stamina costs, making it a *massive* disincentive to level a new character and try new skills. In short, the labyrinth makes me not want to play PoE.

I agree with this. Unfortunaly I feeling already like switching back over to grim dawn. Died few minutes ago on izarro (fight 2, merc) due laggy + one shoot. I have done all 3 labs, but since 2 patches before, its getting so hard to fight izarro because of lagging. And the whole lab feels so draining..
PoE was a fantastic ARPG with wonderful game play. Then they had to spoil it trying to force me to play some crappy Prince of Persia game that they call the labyrinth. I hated Prince of Persia and Mario type games. I would rather run 1000 stupid deliver this item to boneheadX quests than do the labyrinth. Heck, I'd rather sit and vegetate than go through the even more boring labyrinth. It's just painful for me. Okay, I thought of one thing I'd hate worse than doing the labyrinth. I'd hate getting a broken leg more than doing the labyrinth. :-)
Over 430 threads discussing labyrinth problems with over 1040 posters in support (thread # 1702621) Thank you all! GGG will implement a different method for ascension in PoE2. Retired!
NO PRINCE OF PERSIA.

I just realized today that the merciless izaro fight is REALLY making me not want to make more characters. I did it for my first char in perandus, and now I'm hesitant... probably gonna just stop playing at some point here real soon. That put this game at exactly the play-time as Diablo3, which is pretty horrible. I could play this game for hundreds of hours building characters... but the izaro problem has to be fixed.

AND TRAPS ARE BULLSHIT. AND LACK OF WAYPOINTS - bullshit.
I seem to be one of the few that actually enjoyed the thrill. I only play HC and lost my first toon in this league to Izaro. The more satisfying it felt when I finally succeeded. I do think Izaro needs a bit of tuning in later difficulties, though. It is kinda silly that I need to be 10+ lvl over area lvl to stand a chance.

I don't at all like traps on ES characters, though. Makes me feel that much more insecure not having oh-shit out-of-jail buttons. So much so that I decided against going hybrid on my toons.
@OP; i couldn't agree more...that is exactly how i feel about lab. First time was ok bcz it was new content and i go easy and explore whole thing but after first and than second death it just turns into runs on final fight skipping all that is possible to skip...it is annoying as hell and yes, I also have no wish to go in ever again (all my friends too, some deleted game in anger actually).
It is not fun in any way...traps are annoying, that mob with tar on death to slow you is annoying, those projectiles from auto-turrets that dmg/slows you are annoying, lag is there no matter graphic settings which again is annoying and fight itself with Izaro is annoying.
I was back to PoE after quite some time off and i am not happy man...if I was alone on this it wouldn't mean anything but actually all my friends and guild members hate that stupid labyrinth and that's tells a lot...there must be an more fun way to ascend...
I got my buddy to do his normal lab at 60 last night. Said he never wanted to do it again and that is why he quit when it came out.

Everything about the lab is bad except the chatue map layout.

The boss mechanics
The traps
Running 7 deep to find a boss
Wait for him to talk before the fight
Immune half to time to things you cant target
Steals your vaal souls

I got a bunch more but feel like playing, the place it really bad, only goat humpers like it
"
LanPirot wrote:
"
How I would make the labyrinth not such a chore:

There's a great thread over on the World of Warcraft forums that was posted about a year ago - a few months after that game's newest expansion. The thread basically said that certain activities, even though they took very little time or effort to complete, acted as a drain on a player's enjoyment and their in-game 'stamina.' The more stamina these mundane activities consumed, the less time players spent playing the game. Which eventually led to a mass exodus of subscribers.

In PoE, there's very little in-game cost or stamina cost required to run maps or Dried Lake or even to level up a new character. There's a huge stamina cost to run the labyrinth. The time it takes to explore; knowing I can't screw up or have a lag spike or server disconnect; the traps and layouts designed to hinder speed and freedom of movement; the "mandatory" rewards locked behind a series of boss fights *on top* of its elaborate maze, traps, and locked doors ... These are all factors in the labyrinth's stamina costs. It makes me less likely to not only run the labyrinth, but to play other aspects of the game as well. And knowing I have to run the labyrinth at least three times for each new character compounds its stamina costs, making it a *massive* disincentive to level a new character and try new skills. In short, the labyrinth makes me not want to play PoE.

I agree with this. Unfortunaly I feeling already like switching back over to grim dawn. Died few minutes ago on izarro (fight 2, merc) due laggy + one shoot. I have done all 3 labs, but since 2 patches before, its getting so hard to fight izarro because of lagging. And the whole lab feels so draining..

Yep, I have the same issue as well.

I have done Uber Labyrinth like 4 times now, and this is how it goes. I get to the last stage and die due to lag. My FPS dips when Izaro spams his green projectiles along with all the other shit in the room, and I pretty much die in that tiny crammed room.

Maybe after I make my new computer it will change and I hope that is the case.
We're all just walkin' through this darkness on our own.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info