I never want to play the labyrinth ever again.

"
Mal_function wrote:
I absolutely hate the way Izaro teleports you onto a big pile of sawblades. Completely unescapable even with a movement skill, ....

I really hope you are just kidding. A few seconds before he would teleport you a big bright green spot appears under Izaro and all you have to do is walk away for a few seconds. That's so fkn easy I could teach that shit to my grandma without any problems. I know face is the place but sometimes moving away for a few seconds isn't that bad. ^^

German saying: Schönheit und Funktionalität in Sekundenschnelle zu ruinieren, ist dem wahren Dilettanten keine Herausforderung!
torturo: "Though, I'm really concerned, knowing by practice the capabilities of the balance team."
top2000: "let me bend your rear for a moment exile"
Honestly I don't have much issue with most of the traps...EXCEPT for the fucking death roombas and darts. The roombas have massive hitboxes and are basically objectively better than sawblades and pillars, lacking the linear pathing restrictions of the former and doing WAY more damage than the latter. And the darts are just bullshit piled upon bullshit. They're hard to see, and they slow you to a ridiculous degree. Getting caught once in a network of these things can easily lead to a situation you can't escape from.

But on their own, even then it can be dealt with. What makes it a nightmare is today's random Izaro round 3 layout which contains both. So now movement is horribly restricted by the roombas, and the darts are so easy to lose in the chaos that when they do land the 99% slow, you get fucked. So once again I wait for another day to hopefully not have just a stupid random seed, because between some of Izaro's assists being nigh impossible to keep down (Conduits/idols) and bullshit trap layouts in round 3 you just have to roll the dice and pray.

Also, while I'm ranting about darts, I'm going to go on a tangent and mention that the over reliance on slows in this game is asinine. The labyrinth is littered with tar zombies that have no purpose beyond making the player grind their teeth in aggravation. Possibly the most sinful thing a game designer can do is waste the player's time, especially when it doesn't serve any purpose.
This is a buff™
Last edited by AkuTenshiiZero on Mar 15, 2016, 10:19:38 AM
I hear you, huge time waster and not fun IMO. But I guess I'll do it 3x for those fat ascendancy pts. (or more than 3 haha) Tried once already and died at last minute. Made me log. Think I'll wait till im high level first. It's not like its needed at all even for end game. Should ascend in like month when im like 80 or so.
Git R Dun!
I agree with the OP and would just like to add that the Labyrinth is not fun. If it was fun to play then I would eventually do it enough times to learn it and be able to complete it without problems. BUT, IT IS BORING and not fun. Therefore I don't want to play it. As a context, I've been playing PoE almost everyday for almost two years. That is because it was the most fun game that I'd ever played. I'm very conflicted by this ascendancy/labyrinth patch because unless this problem of being "forced" to play "not fun" content is somehow fixed, I'm going to have to find another game to play.

(To the people responding to this post that want to tell me there's something wrong with me because I don't like the labyrinth game play, don't bother because I don't care. This is just a game and I can go play another game. If you work for GGG and want to respond that you don't care that I'm probably going to leave then let me know and it will remove any remaining conflict in my decision. Thank you)
Over 430 threads discussing labyrinth problems with over 1040 posters in support (thread # 1702621) Thank you all! GGG will implement a different method for ascension in PoE2. Retired!
I am not using move mental skills.. I just run trug all trap. _. I play a life regeneration maraudeur.. easy only the izaro fights are Hard sometimes. .
Also i have fun^^ it is Like a map with trap and riddles and i hope they will cone more of them ;) and another boss^^ Argus is pretty easy:D
Last edited by wolf4547 on Mar 15, 2016, 11:14:43 AM
"
boesersven wrote:
He is right:
A character end of Merciless should not be shited on like it is now by a Cruel monster that will destroy up to an hour of puzzling through the Laybrinth.

Why not? Sometimes low level stuff pwns you. There is space for stuff you can't easily overleveled. Cruel Malachai can still kill you at high levels, for example. Not everything is a gearcheck.

Honestly, I don't get the people saying the labyrinth is not fun. What kind of games do you play? Have you played Torchlight 1 (unique maps) or Prince of Persia before? Because those are excellent games that share some similarities to the labyrinth in some spots.

It would be like disliking Portal to say something.
Add a Forsaken Masters questline
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2297942
Last edited by NeroNoah on Mar 15, 2016, 11:41:42 AM
"
NeroNoah wrote:

Honestly, I don't get the people saying the labyrinth is not fun. What kind of games do you play? Have you played Torchlight 1 (unique maps) or Prince of Persia before? Because those are excellent games that share some similarities to the labyrinth in some spots.

I played Prince of Persia for maybe an hour. I hated it and never wanted to play it again. I hated Mario. I never played Tomb Raider because I heard what kind of game it was and knew that I'd probably hate it. I'm not going to disagree with you that they are excellent games, just not for me. As to what kind of games I like to play, as mentioned in my above post, I've been playing PoE for the last couple of years. Before that I played games like Diablo 1,2&3, XCOM (original and follow on games), Civilization 1,2,3&4, Galactic Civiliation 1&2, Dungeon Siege, Age of Wonders 1&2, Sacred, Dragon Age, Alpha Centauri, Warlords 1,2,3&4, Heroes of Might and Magic 1,2,3&4, and many others. I've been gaming since Pong and the text based game called Adventure were the the cutting edge games out there. So that means early 1970's. If you want to count pinball machines as "gaming" then it has been since 1965. :-)
Over 430 threads discussing labyrinth problems with over 1040 posters in support (thread # 1702621) Thank you all! GGG will implement a different method for ascension in PoE2. Retired!
Last edited by Turtledove on Mar 15, 2016, 12:11:29 PM
The only real negative I can see to adding moderately difficult content to the game that average players will feel compelled to complete is that it will cull the herd to some extent, and make finding people who have valuable items to swindle harder.

I for one will miss them when they all leave to play fruit ninja and clash of clans.
IGN - Partitioner
"
NeroNoah wrote:

It would be like disliking Portal to say something.

I've said this a hundred times, and I'll say it a hundred times more: The Labyrinth is ruined by Izaro. The Labyrinth itself offers nothing to the player, overcoming traps has no reward. Fighting Izaro is the only reason we're there, everything else is an aggravating hindrance to that goal. Let's say you take the Labyrinth as it is, remove Izaro, and distribute hidden treasure keys throughout it. Put the Enchantment shrine and treasure boxes at the end. Suddenly, the labyrinth itself is the challenge and you are encouraged to actually explore it. As it stands, the player is encouraged to blitz through it to minimize downtime between Izaro fights.

Izaro and the labyrinth are completely disparate. They work against each other rather than create one complete and cohesive experience. Izaro demands speed and efficiency, labyrinth demands slow exploration and cautious movements. Cramming these two things together makes for a shitty player experience.
This is a buff™
"
Turtledove wrote:
I played Prince of Persia for maybe an hour. I hated it and never wanted to play it again. I hated Mario. I never played Tomb Raider because I heard what kind of game it was and knew that I'd probably hate it. I'm not going to disagree with you that they are excellent games, just not for me. As to what kind of games I like to play, as mentioned in my above post, I've been playing PoE for the last couple of years. Before that I played games like Diablo 1,2&3, XCOM (original and follow on games), Civilization 1,2,3&4, Galactic Civiliation 1&2, Dungeon Siege, Age of Wonders 1&2, Sacred, Dragon Age, Alpha Centauri, Warlords 1,2,3&4, Heroes of Might and Magic 1,2,3&4, and many others. I've been gaming since Pong and Adventure were the the cutting edge games out there.

Holy fuck. What can I say...strictly talking you are an outlier. I can respect the differences, but I can't accept if you try to argue there is no place for that kind of stuff in this game. That's it. There are other ARPGs that did this before too, so it's not unheard. I feel sorry you don't like it, but GGG can't please everyone and they did a good effort with this. This is as unadequate as Malachai was to the core game (it adds mechanics that you don't see frequently in ARPGs, namely, shoot'em up mechanics like if it was Ikaruga or something). Some people hate maps, some people hate the grind, some hate leveling, some hate masters, some people hate complex bosses, some hate trade, yet all those things exist and you are more or less forced to do all of them.

"
Izaro and the labyrinth are completely disparate. They work against each other rather than create one complete and cohesive experience. Izaro demands speed and efficiency, labyrinth demands slow exploration and cautious movements. Cramming these two things together makes for a shitty player experience.

You may have a point, then again, I could kill Izaro in my first try. I think the exploration part is ruined more because of technical aspects of the game rather than the fights. It's somewhat fixable adding checkpoints (or lives) or nerfing Izaro.
Add a Forsaken Masters questline
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2297942
Last edited by NeroNoah on Mar 15, 2016, 12:13:41 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info