2.3 Occultist Detonate dead AKA Purple death. HC/ATZIRI VIABLE

That's fine. I still prefer the 40% chance over 20%. It's less RNG and vs bosses/tougher enemies you use your secondary weapons to finish them off. The build may start working "mechanically" after level 52 but the higher you get the better it gets.

Because its damage scales with the content you're doing it's always going to increase/decrease depending on what you're hunting.

I'll upload videos of maps/atziri along with an indepth look at the build as a whole. *Strength/Weaknesses* and how I play with it.

Thanks for your feedback by the way it's much appreciated! :D
Last edited by Gamlos2 on Mar 18, 2016, 9:23:06 AM
Another question, as you said it grows in strength with levels but is group play at higher level better? I grouped for a4c and I had to switch dd for flame surge cause my dmg was awful lol. I normally play solo for maps and whatever but just curious. This build is miles away from my typical coc play style.
"
Jaypoc wrote:
Another question, as you said it grows in strength with levels but is group play at higher level better? I grouped for a4c and I had to switch dd for flame surge cause my dmg was awful lol. I normally play solo for maps and whatever but just curious. This build is miles away from my typical coc play style.

You are correct. Detonate Dead gets completely butchered when there's more than two people in a party.

"
Partying: While in a party, the explosion ignores the increased life added for each player beyond the first and treats the monster's life as if you were solo.
*Wiki*

However i'm not sure if Profane Bloom has the same damage cap *haven't found information on it*

You're free to use whatever gem you like in parties. :D I stuck with Detonate Dead for the reflect immunity etc. *+ I never play with party larger than 3 anyways*
video pls ?
"
Pandaroux wrote:
video pls ?

Working on it! :D

New PC should arrive in a few days. *This one cannot handle recording very well*
Last edited by Gamlos2 on Mar 18, 2016, 4:31:34 PM
Currently working on making the guide less cluttered and organized. *hoping at least*

Made a change in the blasphemy setup. *Enfeeble+Flammability* for Atziri. *saves us a curse flask*

Put AA on the ring and clarity in weapon for now just for leveling. If anyone has trouble with mana then go back to using just x1 blasphemy aura and put clarity back in the gloves. *if you have a second set of weapons that is*

Last edited by Gamlos2 on Mar 19, 2016, 8:16:37 AM
nice build, enjoying it so far

would like to see atzirivideos eventually!
"
alexda84 wrote:
nice build, enjoying it so far

would like to see atzirivideos eventually!

Glad you're enjoying it! As always i'm happy for all the feedback I get.

As for the videos I am working on it believe me. I tried recording on my current PC but the quality was so bad it made my own eyes bleed.

New PC should arrive within a few days. :D
Nice build, very well explained, organised.

I'm playing in HC and I'm very excited to give a try to this build.
But I'm looking for a char that can clear laby without trouble (main problem for me is boss kill aka Izaro), is it like super easy with this build or you have a rough fight everytime ?

Regards~
"
KsC78 wrote:
Nice build, very well explained, organised.

I'm playing in HC and I'm very excited to give a try to this build.
But I'm looking for a char that can clear laby without trouble (main problem for me is boss kill aka Izaro), is it like super easy with this build or you have a rough fight everytime ?

Regards~

Izaro is a weird one I won't lie... Some times he will go down super fast and other times he'll be a pain in the ass.

Mainly depending on what combination of crap he gets. *His charges make him ridiculously tanky*
But most of the time he dies pretty fast.

Who you should REALLY stay away from is Argus. Because you can't ignite him you'll end up just running in a circle slowly killing him. *He's doable just very very slow*

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info