2.3 Occultist Detonate dead AKA Purple death. HC/ATZIRI VIABLE

I'm currently trying your build, So far so good and Satisfying :D

hmm what are your opinions on Heretic's veil?
"
patskie14 wrote:
I'm currently trying your build, So far so good and Satisfying :D

hmm what are your opinions on Heretic's veil?

Glad you're enjoying the build thus far and may it stay that way in the long run. :D

As for the Heretic's Veil... I haven't gotten my hands on one because on Standard it's roughly 6-8 ex if PoE.Trade is anything to go by. Same in the leagues it's a pretty expensive item. Your curses would be stronger but you trade in resists/life and whatever other stats that you could possibly need.

I've tried to keep it as low cost as possible. Outside of a 5L chest and the doryani's *which is optional* i've spent around 1 ex on my gear in the perandus league.

If you have Heretic's Veil then do go ahead and try it there's no harm in it. Just be mindful of the content you're running. :)
Further updated the guide and added more info in the Atziri section.

Comparing
Doryani's Catalyst vs The Consuming Dark in the Atziri section since some people asked for it.

*Rip currency*
Thank you very much for this guide. I'm level 46 right now and will play this build as soon as I can.

One (general) question though: What does Sovereignty do? What does it effect? I thought it is only for buff auras? Not curses.

Thanks anyways.

Last edited by gLockwoRk_ on Apr 3, 2016, 8:43:15 AM
"
gLockwoRk_ wrote:
Thank you very much for this guide. I'm level 46 right now and will play this build as soon as I can.

One (general) question though: What does Sovereignty do? What does it effect? I thought it is only for buff auras? Not curses.

Thanks anyways.

The reason why I grabbed Sovereignty is because I didn't run dual Blasphemy at first. The reason I used x2 curse auras is for atziri. Generally I tend to run around manually cursing and use something else to mana reserve.

I toyed around with using Grace and Purity auras etc. You can always ignore Sovereignty and grab Hex master for 6 points or Whispers of Doom instead for 5 points. I just personally like having the extra mana. :)
Started playing Poe with Witch and your build , i have to admit it looks fun so far , currently 70 + . Re-animators are annoying since i have to race against them on who will use first the corpses ( detonation or re-animation ) . Chaos Golem tends to die a lot and have to replace it quite often .

Perhaps you can add to the guide some info regarding the Curses : http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Curse

There is a limit to the curses we can apply and with various passives or items we can increase the number of them we can apply on targets ( i learned it the hard way XD ) . I did get Doedre's Damning ring and Windscream boots to help me with the application of extra debuffs-curses .They helped me a lot before i was able to get Malediction . Did get the ring cheap for some coins from Cadiro ( trade price is 1 chaos ) , the boots cost 1-2 chaos , so you can get both of them quite cheap . Going to replace them at some point ( perhaps the ring ) but for now they help a lot .
The use of Blashemy + curses is quite usefull ,but if you use too many you hardly have any mana left for the other skills . I use only enfeeble for now for autocast and manually cast Flamability+ elem weakness . Will see how i manage to reduce the mana reserved ( i do use Sovereignty ) .
Spoiler
"
Vorseti wrote:
Started playing Poe with Witch and your build , i have to admit it looks fun so far , currently 70 + . Re-animators are annoying since i have to race against them on who will use first the corpses ( detonation or re-animation ) . Chaos Golem tends to die a lot and have to replace it quite often .

Perhaps you can add to the guide some info regarding the Curses : http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Curse

There is a limit to the curses we can apply and with various passives or items we can increase the number of them we can apply on targets ( i learned it the hard way XD ) . I did get Doedre's Damning ring and Windscream boots to help me with the application of extra debuffs-curses .They helped me a lot before i was able to get Malediction . Did get the ring cheap for some coins from Cadiro ( trade price is 1 chaos ) , the boots cost 1-2 chaos , so you can get both of them quite cheap . Going to replace them at some point ( perhaps the ring ) but for now they help a lot .
The use of Blashemy + curses is quite usefull ,but if you use too many you hardly have any mana left for the other skills . I use only enfeeble for now for autocast and manually cast Flamability+ elem weakness . Will see how i manage to reduce the mana reserved ( i do use Sovereignty ) .

I did cover curses in the mechanics section under "Auras, Curses and You" but I will update it today to make things a bit clearer. Thanks for the feedback.

You could set up the golem in a cast when damage taken setup if you want but I just resummon it whenever it gets killed.

As for the dual blasphemy I only really run it vs atziri as she reflects curses normally. You can just run one curse aura and then manual cast whatever curse you'd like. *Use a defensive curse aura such as enfeeble or temporal chains to be honest*

The reason I don't use windcream or doedri's damning is simply cause it's a loss of other important stats such as life, resists and fire damage. *rings can have a lot of extra fire damage* you don't really need 2-3 curses while leveling. But if you have the items then sure go ahead and use them as long as you don't get yourself killed or slowed down by the constant cursing. XD

Make sure nothing else is linked to blasphemy as that could potentially make the reserve cost go up.

My blasphemy costs 31% to reserve. That's 62% from my two auras + 22% from arctic armour for a total of 84%.
I have 207 mana left to spend on my skills and my mana regen is 65 without clarity or boot proc. *regen 1.5% of your maximum life/mana per second for 4 seconds each time you take a hit*

The Tireless maximum life/reduced mana cost wheel helps you with Detonate Dead cost as well. *mine only costs 60-66mana depending on my 5link*

As stated in the guide if you have trouble with your mana invest in some of the mana regen nodes in the skill tree and run clarity *lvl 10-15* until you're fine. And also just use 1 blasphemy aura.
Last edited by Gamlos2 on Apr 5, 2016, 9:13:09 AM
Had an absolute blast playing this build
until this happened. still cannot explain what killed me

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q0JlYI2fJQ4

bug with necrovigil?

anyway, rip 6link carcass and 2x doryanis

fun build would recommend

Will be making a second thread for the necromancer version of my detonate dead build but for now have a sneak peak at what i've been up to. C:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_bPNTpYenGo
Almost there now!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9XHyfZfm7YA

Just got Atziri and endgame Izaro left then i'll compile it all together into a build guide just like the occultist version.
Last edited by Gamlos2 on Jun 14, 2016, 12:50:02 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info