[3.0] Dkodr's Crit/Block Gladiator

"
Kallemann wrote:
Why do you see it as a drawback? And yes, it is before the Block. Abit on the defence since HC:) what do you think about the reav btw? Safer maby. You have a good point about the charges. Bosses is where dps is needed Ny other max Block CHs had problems with dps. Incinirate was ok pre nerf, also bladefall kinda.

I can only base my statement from what I read in this thread https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/349002/page/1. I tried Reave and many other attack skills, what you choose is just a personal taste, I ended up on cyclone because I like it.
For bosses I use Vaal Lightning trap for shocked ground, together with flasks of course.
Kitty's Guide On Post Formatting - view-thread/1913874
Added a alternative lvl 90 skilltree that gives 78% block chance without any buffs.
This requires the use of The Anvil unique amulet, 4 jewels with block chance and a Lioneye's shield
or equivalent.
Hi, made a similar build - but went dual-wielding. It's like in the good old Blender-times. Amazing and a lot of fun! Took some items from my stash and now I'm sitting at ~130k damage, 74/74 block and it feels really save:

Gloves with temporal-chains on hit together with the blind from the BoR grant a very good defence!

have fun guys
Last edited by el_Nino_69 on Mar 18, 2016, 6:10:07 AM
Thanks for the lovely build, I've tried it and it does wonders.

Do you think running Blasphemy+Warlord's Mark is a possible alternative in place of Herald of Ash? I've been using this combination, and without it I don't get enough mana leech to sustain my attacks. Should I be looking for Life/Mana leech on my gear instead of using Warlord's Mark?
"
Aengil wrote:
Thanks for the lovely build, I've tried it and it does wonders.

Do you think running Blasphemy+Warlord's Mark is a possible alternative in place of Herald of Ash? I've been using this combination, and without it I don't get enough mana leech to sustain my attacks. Should I be looking for Life/Mana leech on my gear instead of using Warlord's Mark?

I have 1 mana node on the tree with 0.4% mana leech nad 10% incr. mana leeched pr. second.
Together with some mana leech on my gear it seems to be enough. I also have been using
a hybrid flask. How you solve your mana problems is entirely up to you, from the passive tree or curses,
find out what works best.
This build inspired me to try a left-side-tree version, sort of a higher-damage and higher-budget version of the max-block RT Doryani's or Varunastra builds. There are a few things I aim to take advantage of:

1) Earthquake and its ridiculous AoE.

2) Aegis Aurora. I'm currently at ~600 ES, 8k/20k armor without/with granite and it already feels really effective, particularly against spell-spammy enemies like any beyond boss or malformation piety (evidently the red swirl things deal very rapid, blockable hits).

3) Death's Hand. A high-rolled one has damage and speed similar to your current weapon, plus power charge generation and 30% phys damage added as chaos as long as I'm critting. I did some math and it definitely beats Doryani's (1.5x base dps, much less crit), and it would take a ~270 pdps scepter with similar AS/crit to make up for Unholy Might.

Current gear:

Everything that isn't Death's Hand or Aegis has considerable room to improve. I'm still figuring out how much accuracy I need and what it's worth compared to more crit from diamond rings, how to balance armor and es for Aegis procs, whether it's better to use rare gloves for ias + armor/es + life + acc + block...

Target passive tree at lvl 90 (currently 82 and missing damage nodes).

Unfortunately I need the 2% block leading up to Violent Retaliation as well as 1% from all three jewel slots in order to cap at 75%. Using the Anvil or mastercrafted gloves would allow another ascendancy notable or let me fit more life/damage mods on jewels. Outmatch would give me frenzy charges, though I have no way of keeping them vs solo bosses, while GV is just a chunk of "increased damage" since shattered enemies don't explode.
Last edited by RabidRabbit on Mar 23, 2016, 3:59:19 PM
Interesting indeed. Deaths Hand seems like a strong choice. How well does the power charge generation
work in high level maps with only the mace for generating charges? I see you use PCOC in your helmet, that's something I should test out with the block skills, could free up room for the crit multi gem in my main skill 6-link.
And any good reason you don't use Tempest Shield with CWDT? I feel it is a strong defensive combo with curse on hit, works really well in high lvl maps.
Last edited by Dkodr on Mar 23, 2016, 5:18:19 AM
I did a Colosseum map in a party for the challenge and Death's Hand still had no problem generating charges, though it does fail against bosses and stun immune packs/maps.

PCoC on counter skills is for refreshing the charge duration against bosses. It's pretty bad at accumulating charges vs normal packs since they generally don't get enough attacks off at me. Violent Retaliation is a lousy notable but it does conveniently show me how many attacks I've blocked recently, and it usually hovers at 1-3 while clearing packs.

I'm still working out the rest of my gem setups, though I prefer the idea of having Tempest Shield self-cast before a major fight so Warlord's Mark can be applied immediately. Vengeance might be dropped for Increased Crits since it has a much longer cooldown than Riposte/Reckoning and is less likely to trigger. I don't even use Sunder anymore and will eventually replace it with Ancestral Protector (maybe AP - faster atks - blind?), though I'm currently at a sweet spot with EQ where just a bit of extra attack speed will actually hurt my overall dps.
Last edited by RabidRabbit on Mar 23, 2016, 3:55:30 PM
Updated first post with new gear, gems setup and stats at lvl 95.
I also upgraded my sword, together with the Gratuitous Violence node it makes a killer combo, every mob explodes upon death.

I'm playing a similar build with 1H foil + Max block and crit. My main Skill is Reave. My tree is also not much different, main diff is that I went IR.

But I have one question about your linked current lvl 95 tree. Why do you take a jewel on the right side with 2 pathing nodes that are 4% projectile damage when you could get a jewel with 1 dex pathing right of the duelist start towards the scion?

Also why not playing with Aegis Aurora? It's just so good defensive wise.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info