6-linking items How do most people do it?

I will uncover my secret method then, just for you.

- You enter Laboratory (~in 3.0, the one in Oriath Square in Epilog) with the item to be linked.
- You drop it to the ground, move a bot left, a bit right and then pick it up again
- You apply Orbs of Fusings.

Done, it is out finally. I have created maybe 20 6L items this way. Guaranteed to work. Eventually. Anyway.

My little ritual is now public
my progression every league:

1. buy white 5-link chest. transmute/alt/aug until i get two decent rolls i want then regal + mastercraft.

2. upgrade to a 6-link tabula as soon as possible or skip this step and move to step 3.

3. buy a white 6-link chest and roll it with chaos/alch+scouring/essences or buy a corrupted 6-link chest that has the stats and colours i want.

4. if i have my two-hand endgame weapon i start working on that getting it 6-linked. if i won't be using a two-hand endgame weapon i start working on my endgame chest.

i usually have two copies of my endgame weapon. one i use and one i work on. if i get a 5-link before 6-link i buy a new one and sell the 5-link.

my 6-links i created last league. 4 uniques for 4 different builds. the axe was hardest to link up. took a few thousands of fusings.

it's always better to have a rare 6-link chest than a unique 5-linked one.
Last edited by kompaniet on Sep 1, 2017, 6:55:12 AM
links and sockets should have been character specific for that very reason.
I don't really 6l items. It just doesn't happen for me. But if it does, it's completely unintentional.
And that also how I accidentally 6 linked this thing:
I make dumb builds, therefore I am.
Once got it in 50 tries. Just now....er 174. Got to go get a lotto ticket.
Does this let you figure an average rate?
Eyyy, in the 2 years since this topic was posted, op's account finally became 5 years old, lol
My first self-made six link (vis mortis) costed ~2600 fusings. The fusings were 2:1c too (Harbinger HC).

My second six-link (Starforge) costed 30 fusings (Abyss HC).

Use more fusings. It will even out to about 1000 fusings per 6 link.

If 1000 fusings is too much for you, you should instead worry less about optimizing your character and instead worry about optimizing how you play. It's fairly easy to make 100c per hour with a decent clear speed mapper. 200c with a MF wander or archer.

Map in device -> enter portal -> 2 min map -> exit with portal -> put map in device -> dump pickups into tab -> enter portal -> ... -> sort at end of playthrough and list items on poe.trade
Last edited by Phayze on Apr 27, 2018, 6:12:08 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info