[3.2+] Explosive Cleave / Lacerate Gladiator. Insane Clear Speed, Solid Defenses and Budget

"
Azarell wrote:
Hey guys i just wanted to ask what you're thinking about using the Rigwald's Savagery Axe.

It the increase in DPS worth the loss of life leeche ?

I don't want to dump several Ex for it if it's not worth it.

I would not get that axe. Its a 300 dps axe with bleed on it. You can get a rare better than that. I mean if it was like a few C, but I wouldn't spend an exalt+ for a good rolled one when you can just get a 330-350 rare axe and put bleed on it, or even get a decent rolled voidheart(bleed-wise) and drop outlast and outmatch for blood in the eyes and have a 90-100% chance to bleed and can use any axe you want. Outlast and Outmatch is good, but the ease of being able to replace your OH weapon can't be understated. If you can afford it, a Legacy Voidheart is great because its just 100% chance to bleed. This league, it would probably be my first or 2nd buy before/after BoR. Legacy soul takers are expensive and you are going to get more mileage out of a good OH axe than you will a good Soul Taker. Look at this OH axe I got for 5ex:

I only paid 5 ex for that, divined it up to a 438. So don't waste exalts on something like Rigwald's axe. Use them to either get an axe you get bleeds on, or get bleed so you can get good axes and not have to worry about it. The axe before that was a 380 I could put bleed on for 2ex. Also, when you are looking for an Offhand axe, if you are using Cleave, Attack speed will trump dps most of the time because it averages. So like a 340 25% attack speed siege axe is going to be better than a 370 15% one, or equal, and you will pay less. I'm using that axe because I got 100% bleed from Voidheart.
if we have the currency, is it better to run 6L chest with 20/20 gems and a good helm or stick with BOR ?
"
yodabwoy wrote:
if we have the currency, is it better to run 6L chest with 20/20 gems and a good helm or stick with BOR ?

Depends on what BoR you got. A legacy BoR is a great item. 15% block, lvl 18 blind and faster attacks, and 200+ life. Its going to be hard to replace. A normal BoR really falls off and in the long run replacing it with a good chest is optimal. So, you really have to decide if you want to buy a legacy BoR or not. Personally, I would buy one. You arent going to get this chance again. Enjoy these legacy items while you can. This build will be WAY worse next league when we are back to normal items, and probably just go crit dual wield instead. The only reason I even picked this build was because of legacy items.

Also, the 20 to 30 physical dmg is a ton on cleave. The way cleave works using both weapons flat phys really boosts its damage alot. Thats no longer 20-30 phys on alternating attacks, but 40-60 phys on a single swing. So, a lot of the times the damage BoR gives, even being down a couple 20/20 gems, is more than having a 6l with 20/20 gems.

But again, everyone playing this build, I would buy and enjoy a legacy BoR while you can. Its not an opportunity you will have except in Standard from now on.
Hey OP, I made my first char with your build and its my only char so far. Would you take a look at my gears etc and give me some feedback ? Would there be any recommendations about my gears ? I'd appreciate it so much if you can take a look at it! Thanks for this awesome build!

Last edited by dieselblue on Apr 30, 2017, 9:20:34 PM
Figured I'd bump the thread and post some progress, been having a shitton of fun with this build in LSC.

I invested quite a bit in this and it feels like it paid off, although I'm not sure about guardians and shaper yet. Will have to do more testing. T15 is no problem though. Level 96, 6297 hp (only %life on one jewel)

Gears:
Spoiler

Ran cleave for the longest time but changed to Lacerate when I got voidheart. Really liking it more, the damage is pretty insane with voidheart and atziri/sin flask.

Pros:
+ Fun as heck
+ Super fast clear
+ Multistrike autotargets -> great for breaches
+ Good leech
+ Decent survivability

Cons:
- Boss fights require conc effect to not feel a bit clunky (not a big deal, I almost never switch)
- A bit low on life, esp with voidheart
- Leap slam is so-so compared to other movement skills imo
- Can be expensive
- I dont have freeze immunity (this is my own choice due to all the flasks)
- Needs flask spam to keep up damage
- Starving for dex and int

Would record video but my computer sucks :) Hoping to clear Hall of grandmasters and guardians with hard mods (did easy mods already), and maybe even shaper.

Also gonna grind uber for the proper lacerate enchant, neverlucky haha.

Ingame: ReExist
Last edited by deadbyt3 on May 6, 2017, 10:47:21 AM
Is it ok if we try using The Blood Reaper Headsman Axe? It is a 2h weapon indeed... but it's stats are great IMO ! :D Anyway very nice build, keep up the good work
P.S. Talking about the 2H weapon at least for lvling, not for end-game.
Last edited by Vuduka4567 on Jun 3, 2017, 7:50:01 AM
Got tihs 2 lvl85 trees, not sure which one to follow, help pls.

Tree 1 http://poeurl.com/blxC
Tree 2 http://poeurl.com/blxD
Last edited by DjNanos on Jun 18, 2017, 6:33:29 PM
So after tinkering around with it on Path of Building and also with a mixture of either my current items or some extra legacy items (Legacy Soul Taker and Legacy Voidheart, both aren't even that necessary with the new gems for 3.0) Legacy BoR just adds about 5-6% DPS and is more for survivability, a few life nodes over say the Hatchet Master node or the extra Jewel node might help.

Here's with Cleave + Multistrike + Chance to Bleed + Inc Aoe. and my current axe (viewable in my profile character is SynixExplosiveCleave

Here's with Cleave + Multistrike + Chance to Bleed + Inc Aoe. and Chimeric Rend Siege Axe (600pDPS axe on poe.trade for 260ex or something like that)

Here's with Cleave + Multistrike + Chance to Bleed + Conc Effect and Chimeric Rend Siege Axe (600pDPS axe on poe.trade for 260ex or something like that)

Pastebin

https://pastebin.com/epNi9ZLY

I make odd builds and sometimes write guides.
My updates and other junk are at https://www.youtube.com/user/Psywearebabylon
Been playing since before Atziri so got maybe 1% of the games intricacies learnt. Only 4 million more hours playing to be classed as a rank amateur :D
Note: The links on the tree for Resistances near Scion can be avoidable if you get gear with high resists. If so go for Life nodes or the Bleed damage nodes.
I make odd builds and sometimes write guides.
My updates and other junk are at https://www.youtube.com/user/Psywearebabylon
Been playing since before Atziri so got maybe 1% of the games intricacies learnt. Only 4 million more hours playing to be classed as a rank amateur :D
Last edited by SynixProcessing on Jun 22, 2017, 5:13:25 PM
Everyone's talking about using Rigwald's Savagery with this build but has anyone thought about using Rigwald's Command along with Voidheart? With legacy BoR this would bring our block chance to 53%. Wonder if dps drop would be worth it? Maybe we could also save some points (and possibly not invest heaviliy into accuracy) by not taking Resolute Technique?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info