[3.2+] Explosive Cleave / Lacerate Gladiator. Insane Clear Speed, Solid Defenses and Budget

this build play like a charm but i need some help with defence cause i die really fast when i run uber lab. (the boss kills me really quick normal monsters are easy)
(also, you must know i am new to POE)

(gloves are fully with gems not showing somehow)
Last edited by Dellith on Apr 6, 2017, 7:40:11 PM
"
Lycai wrote:
"
badaovn wrote:
This is great build for me so far, incredible clear speed with, and I can do any t15 smoothly.

This is my first T16 Hydra

What does your gear look like?

IGN: tauthichme
"
badaovn wrote:
"
Lycai wrote:
"
badaovn wrote:
This is great build for me so far, incredible clear speed with, and I can do any t15 smoothly.

This is my first T16 Hydra

What does your gear look like?

Badass belt I need to get. Did you go for more life leech on tree? What's your total life leech at to take advantage of the Retch?
@Lycai Ye I use Vitality Void on passive, and my leech I guess is pretty bad Off hand life leech from phys attack dmg 0.8%, Leech from attack 1.6%. With Atizir pot on 2% life leech from chaos dmg

IGN: tauthichme
Last edited by badaovn on Apr 7, 2017, 7:56:46 AM
"
badaovn wrote:
@Lycai Ye I use Vitality Void on passive, and my leech I guess is pretty bad Off hand life leech from phys attack dmg 0.8%, Leech from attack 1.6%. With Atizir pot on 2% life leech from chaos dmg

But with that belt, even that amount of leech becomes great for single target. That's only thing I struggle with. I got one of those belts last night and can tell when that leech hits the boss. It's great.
What about going for Voidheart+Dirty Techniques. That´s 65% chance to poison with a regular Voidheart.
I think poison should be better than bleed anyway since we do many small hits.
That´s 4 points away. If I get my hands on a good Voidheart I´ll spec into that.
I have reached T10 and it is getting very sketchy. I have to criticize this build and I will try to make my point in a respectful way. This build gives us 34% chance to block attacks and spells.
This is laughable. Gladiator is a class that´s BUILT on blocking. Getting anything else than maxblock
or at least near maxblock is a waste. I´m wearing Kaoms Roots and overall my gear isn´t half bad.
I have 6K life and it´s hella sketchy. THe only reason I´m still alive is the fact that i have a Rumis
and I try to keep that up all the time. With Rumis I´m at 48/58 Block and it barely is okay.
Even though the dmg is pretty okay for a gladiator, I just can´t do this anymore.
I´ve invested too much time and currency into this character to just die from random mobs.
I bought an Aegis Aurora shield and i will spec out of the Dualwield nodes since they are shit,
and spec into shield nodes instead. Yes, I´ll lose half of my DPS but at this point i don´t care.
A white mob in a shaped Acid Lake hit me for 30% hp and honestly the mods on that map weren´t crazy.
I appreciate the guide and the thread, but honestly, a gladiator with 34% block.
There is nothing else that needs to be said. Specc out of this build as long as you can.
IF you´re an HC player. That´s my honest advice. Too many close calls.
Last edited by LittleCreep on Apr 21, 2017, 4:55:10 PM
I changed some things up after doing guardians. Cleave is pretty mediocre on Guardians. I killed all 4, with the bow woman giving me the most trouble. The easiest was probably Chimera, but thats because I used cyclone instead of cleave. Its just a superior skill on boss fights. Id like to try the chimera again with cleave to see the difference, but cyclone was just so smooth and its 100% uptime compared to cleave. Like, on the Hydra, you have like 3 seconds to attack before you have to move, over and over. You get hardly any real uptime and this makes the fight take forever. Not to mention getting stunned because of no Unwavering Stance(And I have 6200 life). A smidge less damage for 100% uptime on Cyclone far outweighs cleave's superior damage.

I havent did Shaper yet. I may do him with cleave. I changed some things up after my guardian fights. I dropped Hatred for Blasphemy/Vulnerability. I dropped one of my steel rings for a Voidheart; may get a legacy version and then I can use whatever OH I want instead of constantly looking for one with bleed. I picked up Void Vitality so that I can leech more/have some mana leech to cast golem/cry. The life leech helps anyways. Cleave is a facetanking build.

I changed the tree around. I play SC but mines more like a HC tree.

www.poeurl.com/bgzl

I honestly dont know if this build would be worth doing without Legacy items. Ive tried just about all the skills. Cyclone is still good, Cleave is good. I didn't like Lacerate. Boss damage is ass even in normal maps. Dual strike is ok, just a weaker cleave. Overall Cleave is the best for just fast map clearing, Cyclone for boss killing.

Here is my gear:

Without legacy items I probably would have rerolled into a 2h Cycloner, tbh. Or looked at a max block build. The build is really fast at clearing maps, though. I might get a vid of a 15 up.

Hey guys,

I used an old char with a full respec for this build. It allready had a Legacy BoR so i could build it with a middle amount of currency.

I'm at Lvl 84 atm and going for higher Tier maps. But i noticed that some bosses or some Mob Packs are giving me trouble sometimes. I got my res maxed and got 40 block chance.

DPS with increased AoE comes up to 100K with all buffs.
Also at 5.3K Life.

My Gear:

I just wanted to ask if you guys could give me some advices on Gear upgrades or is there anything gameplay wise that i allways have in mind playing this build.

Thanks ;)
Last edited by Azarell on Apr 14, 2017, 3:06:25 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info