[3.2+] Explosive Cleave / Lacerate Gladiator. Insane Clear Speed, Solid Defenses and Budget

Last edited by LittleCreep on Apr 21, 2017, 4:54:53 PM
"
Destructodave wrote:
I changed some things up after doing guardians. Cleave is pretty mediocre on Guardians. I killed all 4, with the bow woman giving me the most trouble. The easiest was probably Chimera, but thats because I used cyclone instead of cleave. Its just a superior skill on boss fights. Id like to try the chimera again with cleave to see the difference, but cyclone was just so smooth and its 100% uptime compared to cleave. Like, on the Hydra, you have like 3 seconds to attack before you have to move, over and over. You get hardly any real uptime and this makes the fight take forever. Not to mention getting stunned because of no Unwavering Stance(And I have 6200 life). A smidge less damage for 100% uptime on Cyclone far outweighs cleave's superior damage.

I havent did Shaper yet. I may do him with cleave. I changed some things up after my guardian fights. I dropped Hatred for Blasphemy/Vulnerability. I dropped one of my steel rings for a Voidheart; may get a legacy version and then I can use whatever OH I want instead of constantly looking for one with bleed. I picked up Void Vitality so that I can leech more/have some mana leech to cast golem/cry. The life leech helps anyways. Cleave is a facetanking build.

I changed the tree around. I play SC but mines more like a HC tree.

www.poeurl.com/bgzl

I honestly dont know if this build would be worth doing without Legacy items. Ive tried just about all the skills. Cyclone is still good, Cleave is good. I didn't like Lacerate. Boss damage is ass even in normal maps. Dual strike is ok, just a weaker cleave. Overall Cleave is the best for just fast map clearing, Cyclone for boss killing.

Here is my gear:

Without legacy items I probably would have rerolled into a 2h Cycloner, tbh. Or looked at a max block build. The build is really fast at clearing maps, though. I might get a vid of a 15 up.

How do you change to Cyclone? it's a green gem so you just can't switch it on the fly. how do you do it?
"
Azarell wrote:
"
Destructodave wrote:
I changed some things up after doing guardians. Cleave is pretty mediocre on Guardians. I killed all 4, with the bow woman giving me the most trouble. The easiest was probably Chimera, but thats because I used cyclone instead of cleave. Its just a superior skill on boss fights. Id like to try the chimera again with cleave to see the difference, but cyclone was just so smooth and its 100% uptime compared to cleave. Like, on the Hydra, you have like 3 seconds to attack before you have to move, over and over. You get hardly any real uptime and this makes the fight take forever. Not to mention getting stunned because of no Unwavering Stance(And I have 6200 life). A smidge less damage for 100% uptime on Cyclone far outweighs cleave's superior damage.

I havent did Shaper yet. I may do him with cleave. I changed some things up after my guardian fights. I dropped Hatred for Blasphemy/Vulnerability. I dropped one of my steel rings for a Voidheart; may get a legacy version and then I can use whatever OH I want instead of constantly looking for one with bleed. I picked up Void Vitality so that I can leech more/have some mana leech to cast golem/cry. The life leech helps anyways. Cleave is a facetanking build.

I changed the tree around. I play SC but mines more like a HC tree.

www.poeurl.com/bgzl

I honestly dont know if this build would be worth doing without Legacy items. Ive tried just about all the skills. Cyclone is still good, Cleave is good. I didn't like Lacerate. Boss damage is ass even in normal maps. Dual strike is ok, just a weaker cleave. Overall Cleave is the best for just fast map clearing, Cyclone for boss killing.

Here is my gear:

Without legacy items I probably would have rerolled into a 2h Cycloner, tbh. Or looked at a max block build. The build is really fast at clearing maps, though. I might get a vid of a 15 up.

How do you change to Cyclone? it's a green gem so you just can't switch it on the fly. how do you do it?

I just chromatic the helm when I feel like trying something different. Its not that expensive. Just a couple chaos worth of chromatics.
"
LittleCreep wrote:
I've been at 43/43 block, and I've had no problem with trash mobs and map bosses up to T15.

Well that´s good for you but i followed the guide and ended up with 34 block spellblock.
And it wasn´t enough. That´s just what it is. I had 100K DPS, a pretty good voidheart and I specced into Dirty Techniques. Then i switched to Aegis Aurora, took Block nodes , now I am Ele Weakness capped
got 60/60 block and I can pretty much afk in packs. I have 50K DPS right now but still didn´t take
Cleaving. So with flasks and the next 3 SP I should be back at 100K DPS.

I mean it is what it is. The build is not solid. I can only repeat myself.
Ending up with 34 Block on a Gladiator is just not worth it.
That´s a waste of the ascendancy. Any necro who shits Bone Offering once and wears a spirit shield
is outdoing that. Hell anyone with a shield and stone of Lazhwar is outdoing that.
Why are we playing Gladiator for that ?
If you pick a class that´s built on block and has low DPS but then don´t get the blockchance,
you might as well play something else. That has low block too but DMG instead.
The interesting Dual wield nodes are on the right side in the ranger area where the sword cluster is.
Maybe you could make a good dual wield blocker, but certainly not with axes as your weapon.
Last edited by NoDiscoSisqoOrCalypso on Apr 14, 2017, 9:56:25 AM
"
"
LittleCreep wrote:
I've been at 43/43 block, and I've had no problem with trash mobs and map bosses up to T15.

Well that´s good for you but i followed the guide and ended up with 34 block spellblock.
And it wasn´t enough. That´s just what it is. I had 100K DPS, a pretty good voidheart and I specced into Dirty Techniques. Then i switched to Aegis Aurora, took Block nodes , now I am Ele Weakness capped
got 60/60 block and I can pretty much afk in packs. I have 50K DPS right now but still didn´t take

That´s a waste of the ascendancy. Any necro who shits Bone Offering once and wears a spirit shield
is outdoing that. Hell anyone with a shield and stone of Lazhwar is outdoing that.
If you pick a class that´s built on block and has low DPS but then don´t get the blockchance,
The interesting Dual wield nodes are on the right side in the ranger area where the sword cluster is.
Maybe you could make a good dual wield blocker, but certainly not with axes as your weapon.

How are you not at 43/43 like the rest of us? The build is solid, and I feel that Gladiator is a great choice for it.

E: Nvm...We have Legacy BoR
Last edited by Lycai on Apr 14, 2017, 12:56:51 PM
Hello. Decided to dump some currency into a Cleave build myself.
Here is my gear:
Spoiler
Currently sitting at 200k Cleave in h/o with inc AoE and 6.7k life. 7K armour and 42% block. Now where to go from here I guess Abyssus would add 100k+ more dps but im not sure if i like to drop tankiness to get it and juggle more resists.
Last edited by Essem on Apr 15, 2017, 6:11:02 AM
ever consider posting theifs torment as a leveling option? currently running it now and its very helpful. obviously will be required to switch away from it at maps or even merciless. but still seems to be very good for now
"
"
LittleCreep wrote:

The build is fine. Especially this league. If you wanted a max block build you shouldn't have picked a Dual Wield build. he build works perfectly fine as a mapping build, and with legacy items its pretty good at endgame stuff, too. Personally, I dont know why anyone would pick a BoR build if they werent planning on getting a legacy BoR this league. If there was no legacy BoR, I would eventually respec into a crit-based build.

The build is solid for what its supposed to do, pre-legacy. Thats budget map clearing. It does that perfectly fine. If you are struggling with it because you wanted a super duper tank build from the get go, I have no idea why you picked it over like 5 other block-based builds on the main page.
some progress, level 86

400k with flasks/max buffs. map clear is amazing but single target is trash lol.

still have to fill out life wheel, also gonna grab leech south of duelist probably. still not sure if rumi is worth it, would need some solid freeze immunity really. also grabbed 30 int from the tree to alleviate the painof searching for good jewellery lol
Ingame: ReExist
Last edited by deadbyt3 on Apr 18, 2017, 8:06:08 PM
Hey guys i just wanted to ask what you're thinking about using the Rigwald's Savagery Axe.

It the increase in DPS worth the loss of life leeche ?

I don't want to dump several Ex for it if it's not worth it.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info