[3.2+] Explosive Cleave / Lacerate Gladiator. Insane Clear Speed, Solid Defenses and Budget

The skill tree is up now, but i'm not sure if it is updated for 3.0
This has been one of my favourite builds that I've been running for the past 2 or 3 leagues, so I just want to quickly give me 2 cents on how it fairs in 3.0.0.

Like Synix has already shown, the passive tree works just fine. I've been running this build with some slight alterations (but mostly following Synix's passive tree, almost to the letter) and I'm currently level 81. Been running mostly T6 maps, but it's been faring well with difficult mods without any hiccups.

Synix has suggested using Chance to Bleed, and I'd agree with him up until you pick up Jack, the Axe, or some other Rare 300+ DPS axe with bleeding on hit. After that, you're only using the gem as a glorified 'bonus physical damage' gem, and I've actually found that using Ruthless fairs a lot better.

I did some tweaking on Path of Building with a Ruthless support of the same level as a Bleed gem and found that I fared better with Ruthless, to the tune of about 5k increase in DPS. It works with Multistrike so it procs frequently. Haven't seen the stun actually bring much use yet, but it stills pretty solid.

I've been looking into slightly altering the tree to include Varunastra but my tweaking thus-far has proved limited, especially when trying to pick up double dip nodes. I've looked into Rigwalds as well but like Synix said, you can likely grab a better rare axe if you're looking for that.

I think as always, end-game bosses like Atziri and Uber Atziri are going to give trouble and you're just going to have to avoid reflect maps, but it's otherwise a solid build that's still viable in the current meta.
Sorry for the late notice guys. There are no noticeable changes in 3.0 to add for this build.

I have updated the skill tree for 3.0

For the new players following this build, make sure you read the FAQ at the bottom of the guide. I won't be replying too often.

Last edited by cookees on Aug 17, 2017, 1:46:09 AM
"
Supreme_Pizza wrote:
Sorry for the late notice guys. There are no noticeable changes in 3.0 to add for this build.

I have updated the skill tree for 3.0

For the new players following this build, make sure you read the FAQ at the bottom of the guide. I won't be replying too often.

"Bandits: +Life, + Phys damage (this scales our explosion damage), +Frenzy"

What is that xD
lol whoops. Fixed now
"
Supreme_Pizza wrote:
lol whoops. Fixed now

Thanks, as new player and new on duelist ive been following your guide even when it was 2.6, hope i did nothing wrong, btw is this in some way same as alkaizer's using? Ive seen it and im interested on :)
"
"
Supreme_Pizza wrote:
lol whoops. Fixed now

Thanks, as new player and new on duelist ive been following your guide even when it was 2.6, hope i did nothing wrong, btw is this in some way same as alkaizer's using? Ive seen it and im interested on :)

Hmm I don't know, I haven't seen his build. You did nothing wrong, it's ok :P
Last edited by cookees on Aug 17, 2017, 2:02:24 PM
"
Supreme_Pizza wrote:
"
"
Supreme_Pizza wrote:
lol whoops. Fixed now

Hmm I don't know, I haven't seen his build. You did nothing wrong, it's ok :P

This guy one, i dont know him just seen how faster clear maps (i havent even leveled enought on my life to open a map) so i mind if this guide is just like his build.

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/167584688
Last edited by Jotasinjota on Aug 17, 2017, 3:58:03 PM
Hmm, I would say that his build and mine are quite similar in terms of DPS. Except he is running a crit build which is more expensive.
"
cookees wrote:
Hmm, I would say that his build and mine are quite similar in terms of DPS. Except he is running a crit build which is more expensive.

Good to know, then your build will make me happy :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info