SET FREE THE ASCENDANCY POINTS (or rework the lab) [New ascension methods/lab rework ideas]

it is called Ascendancy for a reason, It definitely shouldn't be as easy as just allocating some points, Generally i like the system, But i do hate farming the lab more than just about anything else in the game.
Innocence forgives you
Last edited by SilentSymphony on Aug 10, 2019, 11:02:34 AM
"
Klixen_E wrote:
Well, as a new player to POE, I'll tell you this much. I have never hated any content in any game as much as I hate this.

I simply refuse to do any of it! If that means my character is gimped and I can't continue, then so be it.

I'd rather quit the game than be forced to do something I hate so much.

This is truly the stupidest game design I've ever seen. I wonder how many players have quit because of this unbelievably hateful content?

The labyrinth is the most disliked content in the game for many people. Your question is a good one. No one knows how many quit. Heck, I quit the game because of it but came back after the 3.0 release. The 3.0 release reduced the required lab content significantly. Even before I quit the game though I played gimped characters that were not ascended.

The current game pretty much requires at least 6 ascendancy points for most builds. The first two labs can be run now after the 3.0 changes without doing any significant trap gauntlets, usually. If you see a huge trap gauntlet in the first two labs they are probably for silver keys or something, which can be skipped. I know it's crap content but if you can stand running endgame trials for practice then doing the stupid trap gauntlets won't be quite as horrible for the third pair of points. Use a cheat sheet help for Izaro so that the boss becomes very easy. I use https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1607249. That way you won't have to repeat the crap content to learn the boss encounter.

Another thing I do is usually play standard. That way I don't have to keep redoing all the endgame trials.

I've added your name to list of people that, like me, have complained here on this forum. Over 420 threads discussing labyrinth problems with over 1030 posters in support You are not alone. We just have to suffer through this crap content in order to play the rest of the fun game.
Over 430 threads discussing labyrinth problems with over 1040 posters in support (thread # 1702621) Thank you all! GGG will implement a different method for ascension in PoE2. Retired!
"
Turtledove wrote:
"
Klixen_E wrote:
Well, as a new player to POE, I'll tell you this much. I have never hated any content in any game as much as I hate this.

I simply refuse to do any of it! If that means my character is gimped and I can't continue, then so be it.

I'd rather quit the game than be forced to do something I hate so much.

This is truly the stupidest game design I've ever seen. I wonder how many players have quit because of this unbelievably hateful content?

The labyrinth is the most disliked content in the game for many people. Your question is a good one. No one knows how many quit. Heck, I quit the game because of it but came back after the 3.0 release. The 3.0 release reduced the required lab content significantly. Even before I quit the game though I played gimped characters that were not ascended.

The current game pretty much requires at least 6 ascendancy points for most builds. The first two labs can be run now after the 3.0 changes without doing any significant trap gauntlets, usually. If you see a huge trap gauntlet in the first two labs they are probably for silver keys or something, which can be skipped. I know it's crap content but if you can stand running endgame trials for practice then doing the stupid trap gauntlets won't be quite as horrible for the third pair of points. Use a cheat sheet help for Izaro so that the boss becomes very easy. I use https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1607249. That way you won't have to repeat the crap content to learn the boss encounter.

Another thing I do is usually play standard. That way I don't have to keep redoing all the endgame trials.

I've added your name to list of people that, like me, have complained here on this forum. Over 420 threads discussing labyrinth problems with over 1030 posters in support You are not alone. We just have to suffer through this crap content in order to play the rest of the fun game.

Thanks Turtledove, I appreciate it.

For me, it's not just a matter of passionately hating this content and refusing to do it. I'm actually disabled and I physically can't do this content (I simply don't have the hand dexterity and coordination needed).

So I have a question, how badly gimped is my character going to be? I'm not really interested in 'end game' content, but I'd like to be able to at least finish the story :)

Edit: I was just reading through the other post you linked to and Kellog said this:

"
Oh, by the way, there's not a great deal of skill involved in running the labyrinth, even Uber. More or less any fool can create a Juggernaut with lots of life/regen and run straight through most traps.

This actually gives me an idea. Is it true, that in Standard League, you only have to complete the Trails and Lab once and the Ascendancy Classes (and points) are then unlocked for ALL characters on your account?

If that's true, then maybe I'll try creating a Juggernaut build, just to get through the Trails and Lab. If I don't have to worry about perfect timing, reflexes and whatnot, and I can just run through it, then I might be able to do it.
Last edited by Klixen_E on Aug 10, 2019, 11:17:33 PM
"
Klixen_E wrote:
I'm actually disabled and I physically can't do this content (I simply don't have the hand dexterity and coordination needed).

Maybe you should stick to solitaire?
Unfortunately, prestige classes in this game (ie: ascendancies) are character-specific, meaning you need to run lab with each character.

However, it's possible to make high regen characters of various kinds. You can start with a Juggernaut because they're naturally very tough. Once you get the hang of how to run them through lab and learn more about builds in general then you can make other builds that are also very tough and that can sail through at least the first two or three labs with little difficulty.

If this interests you, then you might want to check out the Juggernaut forum and look through a few guides to see what you would be likely to enjoy playing.
Now that prestige classes will finally leave lab in 4.0, will GGG get it right this time or will they find new ways to repeat old mistakes?
"
Unfortunately, prestige classes in this game (ie: ascendancies) are character-specific, meaning you need to run lab with each character.

However, it's possible to make high regen characters of various kinds. You can start with a Juggernaut because they're naturally very tough. Once you get the hang of how to run them through lab and learn more about builds in general then you can make other builds that are also very tough and that can sail through at least the first two or three labs with little difficulty.

If this interests you, then you might want to check out the Juggernaut forum and look through a few guides to see what you would be likely to enjoy playing.

Bummer! There goes that idea :(

I'll take a look through that Juggernaut forum though. It might give me some ideas :)
"
Klixen_E wrote:

Thanks Turtledove, I appreciate it.

For me, it's not just a matter of passionately hating this content and refusing to do it. I'm actually disabled and I physically can't do this content (I simply don't have the hand dexterity and coordination needed).

So I have a question, how badly gimped is my character going to be? I'm not really interested in 'end game' content, but I'd like to be able to at least finish the story :)

Edit: I was just reading through the other post you linked to and Kellog said this:

"
Oh, by the way, there's not a great deal of skill involved in running the labyrinth, even Uber. More or less any fool can create a Juggernaut with lots of life/regen and run straight through most traps.

This actually gives me an idea. Is it true, that in Standard League, you only have to complete the Trails and Lab once and the Ascendancy Classes (and points) are then unlocked for ALL characters on your account?

If that's true, then maybe I'll try creating a Juggernaut build, just to get through the Trails and Lab. If I don't have to worry about perfect timing, reflexes and whatnot, and I can just run through it, then I might be able to do it.

A high life regeneration build can generally do lab very easily. Pick armor over evasion or energy shield.

Have a movement skill to help get over the traps quickly.

Life flasks with Staunching, Quick Silver flask will help a lot also.

Don't panic.

In Pantheon System pick Soul of Ryslatha for your minor god.

The trials only need be done once per league. That means only one time in standard, period. The labs them self have to be run for each character.

I frequently "forget" to run the horrible lab content until late in the story line acts or sometimes even not until endgame.

If you only ran the first two labs, most builds should be okay for early endgame. By endgame I mean after the 10 acts are done.
Over 430 threads discussing labyrinth problems with over 1040 posters in support (thread # 1702621) Thank you all! GGG will implement a different method for ascension in PoE2. Retired!
753 pages, wow...

Simply don't die, do lab in the right moment. Ascendancies are rewards for people that passes the true test, when your character is balanced enough to deserve it.

Yes, Labyrinth need some changes but, it's one of the best things in the game. You have to earn your ascendancy, that's it.

Some people forget this game is not an easy game. You can't pay for win, you can't skip hard work.
"
Gackuto wrote:
Some people forget this game is not an easy game.

Yes it is.

"
Gackuto wrote:
You can't pay for win, you can't skip hard work.

Stash tabs.
"
Gackuto wrote:
753 pages, wow...

Simply don't die, do lab in the right moment. Ascendancies are rewards for people that passes the true test, when your character is balanced enough to deserve it.

Yes, Labyrinth need some changes but, it's one of the best things in the game. You have to earn your ascendancy, that's it.

Some people forget this game is not an easy game. You can't pay for win, you can't skip hard work.

Silly, Labyrinth has nothing to do with balance or PoE game play skill, except Izaro. Like the earlier post says, a life build with high life regen makes lab trivial then compare that to an evasion vaal pact build. What a strange statement you make?

Labyrinth isn't hard it is just boring crap that has it's own unique game play compared to the rest of PoE. If you like it fine. It is reasonable that a lot people that like PoE game play think this lab game play is crap nonsense. If you can't wrap your head around that then sorry for you.

edit: added in the clarification except Izaro above as stated in my next post.
Last edited by Turtledove on Aug 14, 2019, 1:02:23 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info