SET FREE THE ASCENDANCY POINTS (or rework the lab) [New ascension methods/lab rework ideas]

"
Turtledove wrote:
"
Gackuto wrote:
753 pages, wow...

Simply don't die, do lab in the right moment. Ascendancies are rewards for people that passes the true test, when your character is balanced enough to deserve it.

Yes, Labyrinth need some changes but, it's one of the best things in the game. You have to earn your ascendancy, that's it.

Some people forget this game is not an easy game. You can't pay for win, you can't skip hard work.

Silly, Labyrinth has nothing to do with balance or PoE game play skill. Like the earlier post says, a life build with high life regen makes lab trivial then compare that to an evasion vaal pact build. What a strange statement you make?

Of course it does, pretending that it does not is silly.

You need either a balanced character to kill Izaro, or .... to cheeze, the same way you can pitifully cheeze most bosses in the game.

Mobility is one of the metrics that make a build good by the way, and it's one of the most important things to have to deal with traps.
SSF is not and will never be a standard for balance, it is not for people entitled to getting more without trading.
"
Fruz wrote:
"
Turtledove wrote:
"
Gackuto wrote:
753 pages, wow...

Simply don't die, do lab in the right moment. Ascendancies are rewards for people that passes the true test, when your character is balanced enough to deserve it.

Yes, Labyrinth need some changes but, it's one of the best things in the game. You have to earn your ascendancy, that's it.

Some people forget this game is not an easy game. You can't pay for win, you can't skip hard work.

Silly, Labyrinth has nothing to do with balance or PoE game play skill. Like the earlier post says, a life build with high life regen makes lab trivial then compare that to an evasion vaal pact build. What a strange statement you make?

Of course it does, pretending that it does not is silly.

You need either a balanced character to kill Izaro, or .... to cheeze, the same way you can pitifully cheeze most bosses in the game.

Mobility is one of the metrics that make a build good by the way, and it's one of the most important things to have to deal with traps.

The stuff about trap gauntlets being some special test for a build being mobile is picky pedantic nonsense. Izaro is a regular boss. A boss is the game "tests" builds. Since there is really nothing extra special about Izaro my previous statement stands with the clarification "except Izaro". Which would be assumed by less pedantic fellows.
Over 430 threads discussing labyrinth problems with over 1040 posters in support (thread # 1702621) Thank you all! GGG will implement a different method for ascension in PoE2. Retired!
Last edited by Turtledove on Aug 11, 2019, 11:57:33 PM
Izaro being a boss has nothing to do with anything, plus his design is very different from other bosses since you obviously cannot just zerg him or tp out and in.
Sorry if that does not follow your agenda, but resorting to bad faith will not make you right.

Your [removed by me] condescending attacks about anything being pedantic (lol) will not make you right either.
SSF is not and will never be a standard for balance, it is not for people entitled to getting more without trading.
In terms of difficulty izaro is one of the easiest bosses in the game, Anyone who cannot defeat him will likely never defeat any other end-game bosses of any consequence.

You literally just run around him in a circle and pop shot him right after he uses an attack, If melee then still pretty much the same thing except when he does his AOE attack, so a bit harder mechanically but still just about the same..

Almost everything except izaro and the occasional golden door are optional in the labyrinth, If the player is not getting the Dark Shrines in higher difficulty's they are also doing it wrong if they are having a difficult time, If izaro is the problem there's Reliquary's to debuff him on top of the dark shrines.

If anything I'd like something even harder to get my ascendancy's from.
Innocence forgives you
"
Fruz wrote:
Izaro being a boss has nothing to do with anything, plus his design is very different from other bosses since you obviously cannot just zerg him or tp out and in.
Sorry if that does not follow your agenda, but resorting to bad faith will not make you right.

Your [removed by me] condescending attacks about anything being pedantic (lol) will not make you right either.

Wrong again, Fruz. Just about any boss that or area would do the same thing. Since you are still clueless I'll waste a bit more of my time responding to you. What makes lab different from the rest of PoE is the boring not fun trap gauntlets. Set free the ascendancy points (or rework the lab) is not complaining about bosses being a gating factor to earning rewards in the game. DUH
Over 430 threads discussing labyrinth problems with over 1040 posters in support (thread # 1702621) Thank you all! GGG will implement a different method for ascension in PoE2. Retired!
"
Turtledove wrote:

Wrong again, Fruz. Just about any boss that or area would do the same thing. Since you are still clueless I'll waste a bit more of my time responding to you. What makes lab different from the rest of PoE is the boring not fun trap gauntlets. Set free the ascendancy points (or rework the lab) is not complaining about bosses being a gating factor to earning rewards in the game. DUH

The boring not fun trap gauntlets are avoidable half the time, Today's uber lab there's only one trap gauntlet in an area you are forced to go through outside of the traps guarding the golden key at the start.

The traps in themselves function as a check on wither or not you have an ok flask setup, As long as you have some anti bleed its pretty hard to die in traps unless you stand still in them, There are of course the magical traps that cast spells but they are extremely weak hp wise, the dps required to pop them is about the same maybe even less than your average white monster.

I would agree however that lab is pretty boring at least for me to farm it repeatedly, Would be nice to see it fleshed out even more.
Innocence forgives you
Last edited by SilentSymphony on Aug 12, 2019, 2:59:53 AM
hide everything behind a boss. go there, hit a switch, enter boss room, hold one attack key, get ascendancy point.

much wow, so innovative. game of the year award incoming.

if you design a game as complex nd flexible as poe, you need "filters" like the labyrinth to guide players in their decisions.

if every build is viable for everything, making a build itself becomes useless. you killed the game, gratulation.

---

stop bumping these nonsense threads please. of course you get alot of attention when grabbing the attention of players who failed on a intentional barrier.

of course those players want to remove the barriers that obviously hinder them from being successful, it's so much easier changing the games' rules instead of taking the rules as granted and try to play the game according to the rules.
age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!
"
Turtledove wrote:

You really cannot stop resorting to anything else than bad faith at this point, I guess that's the only thing you can do wihtout actual argument ?

Tell me one other boss where you choose the final setup ( buffs ) and where you cannot die neither tp without having to start over.

I won't wait, because you can't : there isn't any.

The only other bosses where you cannot get in and out are the abyss bosses, and they are not gating anything regarding progression ( couple of particular/niche uniques at best ), neither are they modulable regarding difficulty and reward ( you can find them in different levels/sets of mods like map bosses, but that is a different thing ).

I don't care if you want to categorize x or y part of the lab, Izaro is part of the lab, period.
It is gating character progression, and it is significantly more difficult than the rest of the progression gating content, partly ( if not mostly, relatively to player who have a minimum of reflexes, understanding of basic movement mechanics and game mechanics of course ) because of Izaro.

"
Gackuto wrote:

I'm quoting again the part that this is about, that you tried quite hard to completely discredit by beating strawmen.
He was mentioning the lab, not the traps, and you need to go through all of it (including Izaro) to get awarded the ascendancy points, period.

"
vio wrote:
stop bumping these nonsense threads please. of course you get alot of attention when grabbing the attention of players who failed on a intentional barrier.

^

Unfortunately, as I just adressed it in this post and the previous post, some posters are completely irrational and will do anything to discredit others and the content they don't like, regardless of any logic or facts, or so it seems.
Last edited by Fruz on Aug 12, 2019, 4:03:26 AM
"
Fruz wrote:

Unfortunately, as I just adressed it in this post and the previous post, some posters are completely irrational and will do anything to discredit others and the content they don't lab, regardless of any logic or facts, or so it seems.

we can't win this cause the other side has no real argument.

age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!
"
Fruz wrote:
"
Turtledove wrote:

You really cannot stop resorting to anything else than bad faith at this point, I guess that's the only thing you can do wihtout actual argument ?

Tell me one other boss where you choose the final setup ( buffs ) and where you cannot die neither tp without having to start over.

I won't wait, because you can't : there isn't any.

The only other bosses where you cannot get in and out are the abyss bosses, and they are not gating anything regarding progression ( couple of particular/niche uniques at best ), neither are they modulable regarding difficulty and reward ( you can find them in different levels/sets of mods like map bosses, but that is a different thing ).

I don't care if you want to categorize x or y part of the lab, Izaro is part of the lab, period.
It is gating character progression, and it is significantly more difficult than the rest of the progression gating content, partly ( if not mostly, relatively to player who have a minimum of reflexes, understanding of basic movement mechanics and game mechanics of course ) because of Izaro.

"
Gackuto wrote:

I'm quoting again the part that this is about, that you tried quite hard to completely discredit by beating strawmen.
He was mentioning the lab, not the traps, and you need to go through all of it (including Izaro) to get awarded the ascendancy points, period.

Izaro is a good boss. That is not what the complaint is. Since you refuse to understand this let me try saying it again. Izaro is not the complaint here.

Like I've been saying to your irrelevant posts today. This thread is not about Izaro.

Go ahead and flail all you want. Each boss is unique. It is not impressive or important that you can point out that something that makes Izaro unique. It just further demonstrates your pedantic nature because that is irrelevant.

What makes lab different is the the trap gauntlets. I'm sorry that you misunderstood that was what was being discussed. I already told you earlier that for pedantic fellows like you I should have said "except Izaro". Since that was not good enough I can only say again.

Trap gauntlets are boring and not fun. The ascendancy points should be set free (or rework the lab). For the pedantic fellows out there the previous sentence to this sentence is referring to trap gauntlets not Izaro.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info