SET FREE THE ASCENDANCY POINTS (or rework the lab) [New ascension methods/lab rework ideas]

"
RoyalStar wrote:
Developers, what do you expect to change this content? Give us "free" points, thank you.

Please read before posting nonsense. Thank you
Over 430 threads discussing labyrinth problems with over 1040 posters in support (thread # 1702621) Thank you all! GGG will implement a different method for ascension in PoE2. Retired!
"
Dos_Fafner wrote:
"

Was it Nessa? It was probably Nessa. Fucking Nessa man.

LOL

Personally I think the Fairgraves skill point quest is BS too. I mean, I shouldn't have to talk to a damn pirate then fight off an ambush of undead and raging spirits just to get a skill point. When I login to my character the first time I should have that skill point already. I'm not saying I want stuff for free and I'm not crying about Fairgraves, I'm just saying that FACTUALLY MY OPINION is that it's total crap so that's like 1/2 a fact right there. Furthermore, this is an action game so I shouldn't have to talk to anyone. I don't want to talk to NPC's. It is factually proven proof positive that talking to NPC's is boring. If I wanted to play King's Quest I would, how dumb is it that dialogue has creeped into this game. SET FREE FAIRGRAVES's SKILL POINT FROM THE GRAVEYARD! ;-)

What's next on the bitching block of the month? Maybe we should make some polls about how farming for currency is really lame and maps should rain down from the heavens on entry into the docks for the first time. It's all this DAMN GATING that ruins Wraeclast. That's why the Koalas there have gone insane.

Feel better? I hope so because I see no other possible purpose to your vitriol.
Over 430 threads discussing labyrinth problems with over 1040 posters in support (thread # 1702621) Thank you all! GGG will implement a different method for ascension in PoE2. Retired!
"
Turtledove wrote:

Feel better? I hope so because I see no other possible purpose to your vitriol.

It seems like he's trying another attempt, a back door (back gate?) approach if you will, to point out the flawed premise and presentation of the argument(s) in this thread.
"Dude he fucking said hotdog racist.

Like I can't even make this shit up." - gj

1.0.0 Forum Posters now have 50% less Critical Thinking skill per Patch
"
Dos_Fafner wrote:

... I'm just saying that FACTUALLY MY OPINION is that it's total crap so that's like 1/2 a fact right there...

Last edited by dickhole_mcghee on May 7, 2016, 3:58:50 PM
I was thinking along the same lines (kinda) as option 3 too. Little variance is the following.

You still have to do the 6 trials-those "mini labs" in those dungeons.

You still have the option of doing the Full On lab for the full rewards of the loot boxes and the gear enchants.

If you choose to forgo the full rewards, and have done the 6 trials, and have beaten Malaichi, then you have the option of just getting the ascendency points.

This lets all content/lore remain relevent.
@dickhole_mcghee

Perhaps, but it would make more sense to me to state something like, "I don't enjoy labyrinth game play but don't think it is bad enough to warrant a change to the game." That would be making a point other than making the individual look like a childish person that doesn't know how to read or to communicate a point in an adult manner.
Last edited by Turtledove on May 7, 2016, 5:09:19 PM
"
Turtledove wrote:
@dickhole_mcghee

Perhaps, but it would make more sense to me to state something like, "I don't enjoy labyrinth game play but don't think it is bad enough to warrant a change to the game." That would be making a point other than making the individual look like a childish person that doesn't know how to read or to communicate a point in an adult manner.

Come on now Turtle, earlier you made an analogy about sexing sheep which I totally 100% support in its context. Sometimes a wild analogy is the most apt choice.

p.s. Just to be clear we're talking about D_F's post and not Royalstar's, right?

Last edited by dickhole_mcghee on May 7, 2016, 6:15:58 PM
"
"
Turtledove wrote:
@dickhole_mcghee

Come on now Turtle, earlier you made an analogy about sexing sheep which I totally 100% support in its context. Sometimes a wild analogy is the most apt choice.

p.s. Just to be clear we're talking about D_F's post and not Royalstar's, right?

Actually Royalstar's post was not much better. My guess at what D_F's post was trying to say was just a wild guess. It really did not communicate an idea or point very well, so that's why I say it was a guess. Although like I said, I assume that he wasn't really trying to communicate. Just venting for his own satisfaction.
Updated the OP with two new alternatives (VII and VIII) based on gibbousmoon's and EnjoyTheJourney's suggestions.

Offtopic : Have some boundaries. Please while you posting try not to spam the thread, instead gather your mind and post your opinion/answer in a single post. Spamming serves no purpose and not only it makes it difficult to exchange opinions but it also derails the thread, especially when the comments are next to useless. So please do not clutter up the thread without reason when you can avoid it.
Inundated with cockroaches, I am

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1609216 - labyrinth rework ideas/suggestions

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info