SET FREE THE ASCENDANCY POINTS (or rework the lab) [New ascension methods/lab rework ideas]

"
Xavathos wrote:
"
andreicde wrote:
One of the big reasons why some don't see issues with the lab is because they have not experienced technical issues with the game. For example, I play from Canada and used to try Washington/Texas servers. Since I came back, those servers were jerky, spikes every 30 seconds or so that could last for up to a 15 seconds and everything felt very sluggish which of course is a big no-no when you deal with the traps in the lab.

Most by this point would assume my computer sucks or that my internet connection is bad. Yet I discovered something odd last night. A guildie offered to rush me on merc since I was undergeared but he was playing on Milan. Now I figured if it's crappy with spikes on Texas and Washington, might as well give it a try on Milan too since 100 MS might not kill me. Went there and surprise surprise, 15 ms just like on the 2 other gateways but 0 SPIKES. It was flawless.

During the course of the merc attempt I still ended up crashing twice with a ''game stopped responding'' while trying to enter specific map areas. What that taught me is the huge difference when you experience no spikes at all and flawless connection versus spikes constantly while trying for example mobs or traps. It's like night and day. I still note the 2 crashes which made the experience more frustrating overall and required more re-attempts .

Do I now think lab is easier than I thought? Yes. Do I believe that ascendancy points should still be moved on a different place of the game in form of grinding instead of this? Yes again.

Thanks for your feedback. I still do believe though that the Lab was introduced specifically with Ascendancy in mind. It is THE Trial of Ascendancy. If you're hoping that'll change, I don't know what to tell you. That's like stripping the wings from an airplane.

Besides, where would they go? What "Trial" did you have in mind to replace the Lab that is equally challenging?

Something with more deadly monsters and less traps I'm thinking? Keep in mind , after 3.0 , the rewards of lab for merc+ will be increased dramatically from what I saw in the notes, so it will still be profitable to run it, or even more so now since they are removing a lot of trash loot from silver boxes and increased better drops there overall.
"
Xavathos wrote:
"
andreicde wrote:
One of the big reasons why some don't see issues with the lab is because they have not experienced technical issues with the game. For example, I play from Canada and used to try Washington/Texas servers. Since I came back, those servers were jerky, spikes every 30 seconds or so that could last for up to a 15 seconds and everything felt very sluggish which of course is a big no-no when you deal with the traps in the lab.

Most by this point would assume my computer sucks or that my internet connection is bad. Yet I discovered something odd last night. A guildie offered to rush me on merc since I was undergeared but he was playing on Milan. Now I figured if it's crappy with spikes on Texas and Washington, might as well give it a try on Milan too since 100 MS might not kill me. Went there and surprise surprise, 15 ms just like on the 2 other gateways but 0 SPIKES. It was flawless.

During the course of the merc attempt I still ended up crashing twice with a ''game stopped responding'' while trying to enter specific map areas. What that taught me is the huge difference when you experience no spikes at all and flawless connection versus spikes constantly while trying for example mobs or traps. It's like night and day. I still note the 2 crashes which made the experience more frustrating overall and required more re-attempts .

Do I now think lab is easier than I thought? Yes. Do I believe that ascendancy points should still be moved on a different place of the game in form of grinding instead of this? Yes again.

Thanks for your feedback. I still do believe though that the Lab was introduced specifically with Ascendancy in mind. It is THE Trial of Ascendancy. If you're hoping that'll change, I don't know what to tell you. That's like stripping the wings from an airplane.

Besides, where would they go? What "Trial" did you have in mind to replace the Lab that is equally challenging?

remove retarded traps, remove all backtracking. Simple.
The Hyperbomber for 2.6: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1879383
"
Saltygames wrote:
remove all backtracking. Simple.

What backtracking? Two screens from the golden door to the entrance to the instance with the key? We're bactracking more on non-linear maps than in the lab.
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►
"
raics wrote:
"
Saltygames wrote:

What backtracking? Two screens from the golden door to the entrance to the instance with the key? We're bactracking more on non-linear maps than in the lab.

Lots of dead ends. Part of the whole labyrinth bullshit i guess.

Could just remove it all, would be simpler. Give ascendancy points for killing the gods or whatever they are
The Hyperbomber for 2.6: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1879383
"
andreicde wrote:
"
Xavathos wrote:
"
andreicde wrote:

Something with more deadly monsters and less traps I'm thinking? Keep in mind , after 3.0 , the rewards of lab for merc+ will be increased dramatically from what I saw in the notes, so it will still be profitable to run it, or even more so now since they are removing a lot of trash loot from silver boxes and increased better drops there overall.

I'm not worried about profitable. I don't make any currency from the Lab, never did. It's about having that wall between players and the power of Ascendancies to me.
Carry on my waypoint son, there'll be peace when maps are done.
Lay your portal gem to rest, don't you die no more.

'Cause it's a bitter sweet symphony this league.
Try to make maps meet, you're a slave to the meta, then you leave.
"
Saltygames wrote:
"
raics wrote:
"
Saltygames wrote:

Lots of dead ends. Part of the whole labyrinth bullshit i guess.

Could just remove it all, would be simpler. Give ascendancy points for killing the gods or whatever they are

"or whatever they are"

Doesn't really tell me you've done much research or thought this through very much. :/
Feedback is one thing, but base it on something. Back it up with a suggestion or some example of what you have in mind. You could be on to something here, but I don't see it this way.

Last edited by Xavathos on Jul 20, 2017, 8:10:58 AM
"
raics wrote:
"
Saltygames wrote:

No point arguing there, he has the knowledge and everything with his poll made on the forum!

I guess he is just being salty :).
SSF is not and will never be a standard for balance, it is not for people entitled to getting more without trading.
Last edited by Fruz on Jul 20, 2017, 9:30:46 AM
Fruz, quit it with the antagonising remarks, man. He has as much right to talk about the Lab as you do. And even if he's not helping anyone with his current posts, neither are you like this.

Last edited by Xavathos on Jul 20, 2017, 9:05:27 AM
"
Saltygames wrote:

wut?
there is none. and if traps dont hurt my 4k vaal pact character, why do they hurt you?
No rest for the wicked
Last edited by mezmery on Jul 20, 2017, 8:13:36 AM
"
Xavathos wrote:

Fruz, quit it with the antagonising remarks, man. He has as much right to talk about the Lab as you do. And even if he's not helping anyone with his current posts, neither are you like this.

im not sure that people who dont run lab have any right to talk about it, because they are [Removed by Support] vocal minority.
No rest for the wicked
Last edited by Al_GGG on Jul 20, 2017, 9:36:19 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info