SET FREE THE ASCENDANCY POINTS (or rework the lab) [New ascension methods/lab rework ideas]

When an Interent Troll comes into a thread and says it is full of "shitposters" and insults people for little reason, they are just trolling. Don't even fight back. They are probably just trying to get the thread locked or people put on probation when they respond to their insults. If they are ignored then they will eventually get bored and go away.
Over 430 threads discussing labyrinth problems with over 1040 posters in support (thread # 1702621) Thank you all! GGG will implement a different method for ascension in PoE2. Retired!
Last edited by Turtledove on Nov 8, 2016, 7:23:55 AM
"
Turtledove wrote:
When an Interent Troll comes into a thread and says it is full of "shitposters" and insults people for no reason.

This is blatantly wrong and you know it.
And I don't think that the content of his message is more an insult than all the analogies that you had been doing in this thread.
SSF is not and will never be a standard for balance, it is not for people entitled to getting more without trading.
"
Fruz wrote:
"
Turtledove wrote:
When an Interent Troll comes into a thread and says it is full of "shitposters" and insults people for no reason.

This is blatantly wrong and you know it.
And I don't think that the content of his message is more an insult than all the analogies that you had been doing in this thread.

Fixed, Thank you
Over 430 threads discussing labyrinth problems with over 1040 posters in support (thread # 1702621) Thank you all! GGG will implement a different method for ascension in PoE2. Retired!
Well a 5 second death might be possible, I managed to do it once, but honestly... it was a circumstance that is not usual and something you shouldn't do.

I did run over traps while still being cursed with vulnerability (vulnerability double dips on traps, because they deal physical damage over time) and Instead of pressing my Curse Remove flasks, I accidently pressed my Vinktars shocking me... I died basically instantly, and this was with a ES char, that takes 40% less damage from traps (due to ES only counting 60%).

But then again I took a lot more damage than usually and at the time I pressed the Vinktars I was already at half ES. So technically there are circumstances which kill you instantly. But those are not that common. And yes you can run into two traps in some situations but honestly why should you do that. It's much easier to just get hit by one trap, with a simple quicksilver flask you can usually just run through most gauntlets and never have enough contact with a trap to be in danger.

So if you are not confident about evading traps, then don't evade them, just run through them.

Oh and a small hint... don't wear Abyssus in the lab.
Last edited by Emphasy on Nov 8, 2016, 8:13:21 AM
I see this is still going, same smiley faces on the both sides of barricade.

Don't understand why "lab lovers" can't accept our "lab haters" point of view. Why is it so hard to understand that we really dislike this content which was pushed without any testing or feedback and therefore we are trying to provide some alternatives? That is IF GGG will reconsider current Lab which I would hope they do at some point (I am not placing my bets though). I am sure that it was said many times before but I recon if Lab was introduced on the same basics as Atziri there wouldn't be a single complain. Can't do it, find it unbearable, not bothered? Perfectly fine, you can just skip it and it won't affect your character in any way.

Some say we want it easy and once we get it "easy" way we will want some more. It is wrong assumption. We (at least me, granted) want it entertaining. I think this is the line that divides us. You "lab lovers" find running lab an enjoyable experience, we...not so much. We are happy for lab to stay as it is now if there are alternate ways of achieving Ascension (does not mean easier ways!).

Chris said it is good to have "Divisive Content" a statement which I strongly disagree with. I rather have content which makes players unite and not fight over it. In the end, we are all players that are clearly very passionate about PoE, we should stand together and not divide into lovers/haters camps.

I AM MAD
ZAP!ZAP!ZAP! ME SOOO WIZZARD!
"
Don't understand why "lab lovers" can't accept our "lab haters" point of view. Why is it so hard to understand that we really dislike this content which was pushed without any testing or feedback and therefore we are trying to provide some alternatives? That is IF GGG will reconsider current Lab which I would hope they do at some point (I am not placing my bets though). I am sure that it was said many times before but I recon if Lab was introduced on the same basics as Atziri there wouldn't be a single complain. Can't do it, find it unbearable, not bothered? Perfectly fine, you can just skip it and it won't affect your character in any way.

The thing is, the same could be said about basically every part of the game. I'm still not very font of ActIV and I have to do it every time. I hate exspecially daresso, because for some builds he can be very unfair at this point in the game, while Malachai is a joke after all the nerfs he got. And in difference to the Lab I can't progress without doing that. So I usually do Kaom first, to get a higher level at Daresso, do the Normal Lab afterwards and then I do Daresso, which makes him a lot easier. Of course some builds have no issue at all with him, but exspecially the last phase he is way too fast for characters at that level and you either outlast him or he kills you. Of course it is simplified because you can just permanently port in and out of the fight, which however is a terrible design.

Izaro however has a really good design. You can easily skip setups you don't like because they rotate daily. You can wait a bit longer if you don't want to deal with him and gather some more tools for you character (like more movespeed). Due to the mostly fixed design you can even lookup the layout, although that is not necessary, because you know which areas are deadends by the name of the zone, although it could help with shortcuts.

And of course there could be other ways to ascend. However they need to be inbalance with the lab. If they require less time, they have to be harder, a simple Arena fight would do that. Harder than the Lab but less time consuming. But again it isn't something high on priority, because adding content that basically has the potential to invalidate existing content isn't a very high priority, exspecially considering that GGG doesn't feel that there are many issues with the lab, exspecially considering that one lab run is removed with 3.0 as it seems.

"
Chris said it is good to have "Divisive Content" a statement which I strongly disagree with. I rather have content which makes players unite and not fight over it. In the end, we are all players that are clearly very passionate about PoE, we should stand together and not divide into lovers/haters camps.

The Divisive comment was more targettet and the uber lab or getting enchants in the normal one. IE doing it over and over as an alternative to maps. And they want people to find their own endgame thing to do. Leveling a character in itself is a divisive thing already. A lot of players hate leveling a character in general regardless of lab or not, honestly starting on the beach and walking so terrible slow and hitting single enemies... I hate it too.

If we would want to remove divisive things we would have to remove Hardcore first, because it is divisive. The same would go for temp leagues, we would have to roll them into standard and we basicaly would switch gamemode in league intervalls. The lab is far less divisive than that, because most people that don't like it just get through with it and walk away... the same I do with Daresso or A4 in general.
@Emphasy

Pretty much +1 spot on.

Not everything GGG adds to the game will be liked by all or liked at all really, but they need to add new content so here we are.
https://youtu.be/T9kygXtkh10?t=285

FeelsBadMan

Remove MF from POE, make juiced map the new MF.
"
Emphasy wrote:
"

The thing is, the same could be said about basically every part of the game. I'm still not very font of ActIV and I have to do it every time. I hate exspecially daresso, because for some builds he can be very unfair at this point in the game, while Malachai is a joke after all the nerfs he got. And in difference to the Lab I can't progress without doing that. So I usually do Kaom first, to get a higher level at Daresso, do the Normal Lab afterwards and then I do Daresso, which makes him a lot easier. Of course some builds have no issue at all with him, but exspecially the last phase he is way too fast for characters at that level and you either outlast him or he kills you. Of course it is simplified because you can just permanently port in and out of the fight, which however is a terrible design.

Izaro however has a really good design. You can easily skip setups you don't like because they rotate daily. You can wait a bit longer if you don't want to deal with him and gather some more tools for you character (like more movespeed). Due to the mostly fixed design you can even lookup the layout, although that is not necessary, because you know which areas are deadends by the name of the zone, although it could help with shortcuts.

And of course there could be other ways to ascend. However they need to be inbalance with the lab. If they require less time, they have to be harder, a simple Arena fight would do that. Harder than the Lab but less time consuming. But again it isn't something high on priority, because adding content that basically has the potential to invalidate existing content isn't a very high priority, exspecially considering that GGG doesn't feel that there are many issues with the lab, exspecially considering that one lab run is removed with 3.0 as it seems.

"

The Divisive comment was more targettet and the uber lab or getting enchants in the normal one. IE doing it over and over as an alternative to maps. And they want people to find their own endgame thing to do. Leveling a character in itself is a divisive thing already. A lot of players hate leveling a character in general regardless of lab or not, honestly starting on the beach and walking so terrible slow and hitting single enemies... I hate it too.

If we would want to remove divisive things we would have to remove Hardcore first, because it is divisive. The same would go for temp leagues, we would have to roll them into standard and we basicaly would switch gamemode in league intervalls. The lab is far less divisive than that, because most people that don't like it just get through with it and walk away... the same I do with Daresso or A4 in general.

While it could be said about alot Parts of the Game not a single Issue is as discussed as the Lab.
There is no other Thread with 325 Pages, no other Topic with 630 individual Accounts not liking something.

Divisive Content is the Nemesis for something that is supposed to be entertaining, if People stop playing a Game because of Divisisive Content and you don´t care about that as a Developer, then either you are bathing in Money, you are not seeing the Game as a Business or you are not capable to create Content that is so good that nobody will complain.

In a perfect Scenario you create a Game everybody likes.

Why should Hardcore be removed for the sake of Divisisive Argumentation?
If you don´t like perma Death you can just avoid it, play the exact same Content but slightliy different in the Outcome of a Death in Standard.
You have a Choice here.
If you want Ascendancy Points you have NO Choice, you have to do the Lab.

Daresso fits in the Game per se, it is a BossFight, if you enter with a level 100 Char on normal you can take a bath whike standing there and not die.
If you do that in the Lab while standing on Traps and have no Lab Runner Build you see the Sign in the middle of the Screen when you come back from your quality bathing Time.

If someone wants to buy something while you are at Daresso you tell the Customer " 1 sec " and you are ready for the Transaction in about a Minute.
If that happens in the Middle of the Lab, you tell him " 1 Sec" and after 10 Minutes, if you are fast, ask him again if he still needs the Item and hope that he doesn´t found something else in this time.

If you got a DC at Daresso, you just log back in, most of the Path is still cleared, Daresso at the Health you left him and you just continue to smash him.

If that happens in the Lab...you know what you have to do.. Great Fun, I can tell you..

I could go on , you know...but that is all mentioned on the first Pages of this Thread.
Last edited by Shredzilly on Nov 8, 2016, 11:41:09 AM
"
Shredzilly wrote:

Divisive Content is the Nemesis for something that is supposed to be entertaining, if People stop playing a Game because of Divisisive Content and you don´t care about that as a Developer, then either you are bathing in Money, you are not seeing the Game as a Business or you are not capable to create Content that is so good that nobody will complain.

In a perfect Scenario you create a Game everybody likes.

What ?

Do you realize that "liking a game" is a purely subjective thing and that there is literally not a single game that everybody like ?
I'm so fucking glad that PoE is not one of those game that is just aiming at attracting the biggest possible crowd and has decision that will give obstacles, and frustrate players at some points.
SSF is not and will never be a standard for balance, it is not for people entitled to getting more without trading.
I am not very fond of act 4 either but for me it is nothing like running the Lab. I am fine with it as it is (GGG actually shortened kaoms part, right?) but I agree on Daresso part, he can hit like a truck but can be cheesed as well. Funny thing is I have never paid for lab run but I gladly pay for act 4 boost...
I HAVE NO PROBLEM WITH IZARO. Lab doesn't equal Izaro. I love that bastard, love the fight, love the dangers inside the arena. I enjoy that fight, hats off to GGG for it.

"
Emphasy wrote:

I completely agree with the above quote. I don't demand that GGG do something instantly. If they only are willing to reconsider the lab or alternate ways to ascend (even something you suggested) then I am happy with that. Plus as you said, we are getting one less lab with 3.0 which is a move forward I guess.

"

Hmm, are you sure that divisive content comment was about that? I think I remember Chris mentioning that many people like the lab and many people hate it followed by "having divisive content is good" kinda thing. I am happy to be corrected on that one. I must disagree with you on that HC/temp leagues being divisive in the same sense that lab is. Yes, they divide the players but we can choose freely which league we want to play. One group will choose hc the other sc, both groups are happy in the end. With Lab only one group is happy, the other is forced to do what first group is doing.

Thank you for your input, Emphasy.
I AM MAD
ZAP!ZAP!ZAP! ME SOOO WIZZARD!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info